Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Supreme Court Strikes Down The Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Supreme Court Strikes Down The Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) (526 Views)

America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. / US Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Strikes Down The Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) by docjuli(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
The Supreme Court struck down the federal rule known as the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in a 5 to 4 decision Wednesday that paves the way for full federal benefits for same-sex married couples.

“DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the equal liberty of persons that is protected by the Fifth Amendment,” Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/26/supreme-court-strikes-down-doma/?type=link
Re: Supreme Court Strikes Down The Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Next time, please add to the story or the title - The country. . . Nearly fell off my chair when i read it, cos i assume was in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Discovery Of U.S. Shale Oil The Begining Of True Change In Nigeria? / Egyptian Leader Blasts US! / Israel Frees Palestinian Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.