Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,463 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. (802 Views)

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences / China Considers Ending Death Penalty For 9 Crimes - / Pregnant, Black Nigerian Woman Faces Death Penalty For Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
i think anyone that purposely killed another soul,armed robbers that rape and kill,sadistic rapists and terrorists should be killed when convicted,for all y'all talking trash-check out the list of countries here that still use death penalties over 60.
Amnesty international do not have work,they are living in a fantasy,the truth is there are more evil sadistic killers and cultists,that crave for human blood now than before,we must eliminate these barbarians in order to have a sane world.
follow this link to see the list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_capital_punishment_by_country
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
Because some other nations are doing it means we have to do it . . . Yes, the crime was bad and must be punished but i am not too sure this kinda argument makes it better - looked at the list of nations and seeing Nigeria there makes me weep for Nigeria . . . We are on same list with Somalia and even we broke the record for being the latest to use the punishment after Somali
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy: Because some other nations are doing it means we have to do it . . . Yes, the crime was bad and must be punished but i am not too sure this kinda argument makes it better - looked at the list of nations and seeing Nigeria there makes me weep for Nigeria . . . We are on same list with Somalia and even we broke the record for being the latest to use the punishment after Somali
Nigeria is a peculiar country,even with more greedy peeps than USA,Indonesia,qatar,Saudi Arabia-why are they not ashamed.
indonesia is bigger than Nigeria,so is Saudi Arabia,Qatar,-all these kill for drug peddling.
while Nigeria reserves death penalty for uncontrollable murderers that have spent years on death row without signs of changing or remorse.
you want them to take them to your house?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy: Because some other nations are doing it means we have to do it . . . Yes, the crime was bad and must be punished but i am not too sure this kinda argument makes it better - looked at the list of nations and seeing Nigeria there makes me weep for Nigeria . . . We are on same list with Somalia and even we broke the record for being the latest to use the punishment after Somali

Can you just house them instead or can you take up their bills if you prefer life in prisonment?

1 Like

Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

Can you just house them instead or can you take up their bills if you prefer life in prisonment?
my brother no mind these myopic people.God bless you for your objectivity.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

I wont house or keep them, but does the killing solve the problem?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I wont house or keep them, but does the killing solve the problem?

It reduces it and takes away the eventuality of it happening again.

They're no longer useful to the society and the bills spend on them becomes useless.

This money/bills being wasted on their wellbeing can be used to equip the security agencies in curbing future occurence.

It also serves as a deterrant to those who act before they think, those who do not value innocent human lives.

Since the days law became soft, the world has really turned upside down.

Murderers themselves should never be given freedom to their own lives.

No religious book spare any murderer or do you know any?

Logically too, no moral ground supports the keeping alive a murderer who forcefully took away another human's life.

If they're not made to face their punishment, what then should they be made to face?

Life in prisonment for a confirmed killer is not justice and not morally right!

1 Like

Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by pappilo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

They're no longer useful to the society and the bills spend on them becomes useless.

This money/bills being wasted on their wellbeing can be used to equip the security agencies in curbing future occurence.

It also serves as a deterrant to those who act before they think, those who do not value innocent human lives.

Logically too, no moral ground supports the keeping alive a murderer who forcefully took away another human's life.

If they're not made to face their punishment, what then should they be made to face?

Your thinking is warped otherwise why is that countries in Europe where the death penalty has been abolished record less voilent crimes/ murders than countries such as the US, Nigeria, Somalia e.t.c which still have the death penalty.

NB

I am not against the death penalty.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

thank you,its sad and indeed a great injustice to allow a lowlife coward live,after taking the life of an innocent man.

thank you my man,it is indeed a great injustice to allow a lowlife coward that took the life of an innocent man live.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
pappilo:

Your thinking is warped otherwise why is that countries in Europe where the death penalty has been abolished record less voilent crimes/ murders than countries such as the US, Nigeria, Somalia e.t.c which still have the death penalty.

NB

its not because they took away the death penalty hat makes the country peaceful,it is the general nature of the people there.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afro connect:
its not because they took away the death penalty hat makes the country peaceful,it is the general nature of the people there.

So cant we study what makes things work there and see how we could make things work in Nigeria? . . If we killing the people, when will it be the turn of the leaders to be dealt with cos they are worse that the man stealing on the street?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
pappilo:

NB

Afroconnect already answered you.

Do you even know that in some European countries, prisoners are allowed to go home like school? Should we practise that too since they also do?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

Do you even know that in some European countries, prisoners are allowed to go home like school? Should we practise that too since they also do?

No one is saying we have to practice all that is being practice there, but we could find a way to make it work for us by fine-tuning things . . .
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So cant we study what makes things work there and see how we could make things work in Nigeria? . . If we killing the people, when will it be the turn of the leaders to be dealt with cos they are worse that the man stealing on the street?

America and other developed countries have more of what these countries have, yet they still have death row, so what are you saying?

Chevk out most of these European countries without it, you do see that they're like one family with one language, one belief, one culture, one idea, hence the reason they have lesser crime unlike a country like Nigeria where one family is filled with strangers, not to talk of the whole country ar large!

1 Like

Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

America and other developed countries have more of what these countries have, yet they still have death row, so what are you saying?

Chevk out most of these European countries without it, you do see that they're like one family with one language, one belief, one culture, one idea, hence the reason they have lesser crime unlike a country like Nigeria where one family is filled with strangers, not to talk of the whole country ar large!

Dont get me wrong, Nigeria is not easy to govern, but with all our capital punishment, what have we achieved, infact, crime in Nigeria has not gone down at all, it is getting worse.
If you say they are killing the criminals all cos of the cost to keep them, fine, but to deter others from committing same crime, it is not working
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Dont get me wrong, Nigeria is not easy to govern, but with all our capital punishment, what have we achieved, infact, crime in Nigeria has not gone down at all, it is getting worse.
If you say they are killing the criminals all cos of the cost to keep them, fine, but to deter others from committing same crime, it is not working

what makes you think its not working? Rather its because we haven't be firm with it.

The last time anyone was executed was in 2006, 7 years ago, so its not like its being done here and there, remember the time of firing squad? Armed robbery reduced drastically.

In most asian countries where its firmly practised, killers personally kill themselves via suicide, fraudsters and corrupt politicians do because of the stigma attached to death sentence.
Believe me, if death penalty is ressurrected again, murder crime is going to reduce, same with kidnapping. Where there's no law, there's no sin.

1 Like

Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

what makes you think its not working? Rather its because we haven't be firm with it.

The last time anyone was executed was in 2006, 7 years ago, so its not like its being done here and there, remember the time of firing squad? Armed robbery reduced drastically.

In most asian countries where its firmly practised, killers personally kill themselves via suicide, fraudsters and corrupt politicians do because of the stigma attached to death sentence.
Believe me, if death penalty is ressurrected again, murder crime is going to reduce, same with kidnapping. Where there's no law, there's no sin.

But when will it be the turn of the leaders that steals be sentenced to firing squad ? Maybe that will reduce looting too
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

corruption is bad,but realistically it can never be compared to a mindless killer who walks into your home,rapes your wife-shoots your kid and walks away smiling...does it?
Cultism,ritualists and blood thirsty demons are more here than in Europe-or don't you agree?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afro connect:
corruption is bad,but realistically it can never be compared to a mindless killer who walks into your home,rapes your wife-shoots your kid and walks away smiling...does it?

Chairman, let us leave that for another thread, cos we will not agree on that at all. . . Yes, the crime you describe is horrible, but many are dying and becoming what you described cos people that are corrupt, but like i said, let us leave that for another thread and just focus on the issue at hand on this thread
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, let us leave that for another thread, cos we will not agree on that at all. . . Yes, the crime you describe is horrible, but many are dying and becoming what you described cos people that are corrupt, but like i said, let us leave that for another thread and just focus on the issue at hand on this thread
My point is death penalty not only serve as deterrence,but cleanse our society of the most hardened blood tasty killers-or is their life better than the innocent they might kill if they succeed in a jail break or bribe their way to freedom?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

But when will it be the turn of the leaders that steals be sentenced to firing squad ? Maybe that will reduce looting too

Then meet with your constituency's rep, sponsor a bill on that and make sure its discussed on national level.

Btw, America we so much copy have deathrow, but not for corruption because to them, it can't be compared. money looted can be recovered, can a soul killed be brought back to life?
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

Then meet with your constituency's rep, sponsor a bill on that and make sure its discussed on national level.

Btw, America we so much copy have deathrow, but not for corruption because to them, it can't be compared. money looted can be recovered, can a soul killed be brought back to life?

Lol . . Not copying America at all, just my own ways of looking at things
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by pappilo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
honeric01:

I am just wondering why countries which impose the death penalty have more murders than countries which do not. The stats rubbish your claims that the death penalty acts as a deterrent and reduces the number of criminally minded people.

You probably see the death penalty as a tool for vengeance and I have nothing against that.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 30, 2013
Afro connect: i think anyone that purposely killed another soul,armed robbers that rape and kill,sadistic rapists and terrorists should be killed when convicted,for all y'all talking trash-check out the list of countries here that still use death penalties over 60.
Amnesty international do not have work,they are living in a fantasy,the truth is there are more evil sadistic killers and cultists,that crave for human blood now than before,we must eliminate these barbarians in order to have a sane world.
follow this link to see the list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_capital_punishment_by_country

You forgot to add Drug Dealers, Child Traffickers, Molesters and Fraudsters. Then you have full package, thats made of immediate deaths and future deaths prevention of perpetraitors, victims and society at large. Now this your story looks good. undecided
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
honeric01:

true,death penalty is rarely carried out in Nigeria,the reason for the upsurge in crime,when the violent killers find their way out-they recruit young guys initiate them into cultists and engage them in killings and armed banditry.
the numbers of young boys in cult today is alarming,these hardened killers act as Lords and initiate young clueless lads into their evil killing group.
If they kill all killers crime will drastically reduce.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Afroconnect: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
BluIvy:

You forgot to add Drug Dealers, Child Traffickers, Molesters and Fraudsters. Then you have full package, thats made of immediate deaths and future deaths prevention of perpetraitors, victims and society at large. Now this your story looks good. undecided
i listed violent crimes,that takes away another's life,there is a big difference between someone defrauding you of 10million naira,with no gun on your fore head-none of your family getting shot to an armed robber molesting your girlfriend,shooting your friend and carting away the same 10million n naira.
please use your chicken brain.
Re: Almost 60 Countries Still Use Death Penalty,for All Of You Talking Trash. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
If you ask analysts, they will tell you that most criminal acts leads to loss of life in one way or the other....

Examples...
Fake Drugs (it speaks itself)
Fraud ; someone that was defrauded can commit suicide ... or so can start thinking which will ultimately lead to loss of life
Rape + Molestation + Trafficking : all can also lead to loss of life... A parent can die of hypertension for the loss of child
... ... ... and so on and so forth

Believe me, this Capital Judgement should be enforced. It was done in the Bible and Quran ... so why not in a more corrupt world like this

Abegi, make una go siddon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Syrian Army Continue Heavy Bombardment On Rebels. / Mothers Love: Man Dies Shielding His Mother From Gunfire / Akpabio Cries Out From Hospital Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.