Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Science/god - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science/god (915 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Science/god by texanomaly(f): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Science/god by UyiIredia(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nice video. I was quite confounded when I saw Moses 6:1 (?) But it clicked at the end when the name of a denomination was shown. I'm guessing you are a Mormon. The man in the video articulated his faith well.
Re: Science/god by texanomaly(f): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Nice video. I was quite confounded when I saw Moses 6:1 (?) But it clicked at the end when the name of a denomination was shown. I'm guessing you are a Mormon. The man in the video articulated his faith well.
I am LDS yes. He expresses himself much better than I.
Re: Science/god by UyiIredia(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly:
I am LDS yes. He expresses himself much better than I.

Okay. I must add that you and Christians, in general have your work cut out for you. Lots of philosophies out there and you really need to step up. In case, you are wondering why I say this, I think if Christianity is to win (or at least level the playing field) on the intellectual war the likes of Dawkins are waging it needs to reappraise itself, make compromises and better present its case. Honestly speaking, you (and SniperInADiaper - another LDS member) are a breath of fresh air because the experiences shared ex-Mormon atheists (or atheists) portrayed the institution in a bad light.
Re: Science/god by texanomaly(f): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. I must add that you and Christians, in general have your work cut out for you. Lots of philosophies out there and you really need to step up. In case, you are wondering why I say this, I think if Christianity is to win (or at least level the playing field) on the intellectual war the likes of Dawkins are waging it needs to reappraise itself, make compromises and better present its case. Honestly speaking, you (and SniperInADiaper - another LDS member) are a breath of fresh air because the experiences shared ex-Mormon atheists (or atheists) portrayed the institution in a bad light.

This is often the case with many who leave, or who are expelled, from an institution of any kind, that was once dear to them. It is a shame that hurt and disappointment comes out in this way. As always, I appreciate your candor.

SniperInADiaper? What funny name. I shall have meet this person.
Re: Science/god by Vansnickers: 1:31am On Jun 27, 2013
texanomaly:

This is often the case with many who leave, or who are expelled, from an institution of any kind, that was once dear to them. It is a shame that hurt and disappointment comes out in this way. As always, I appreciate your candor.

SniperInADiaper? What funny name. I shall have meet this person.

You don't have to be expelled from the Mormon Church to be against its Senseless Doctrine. Mormons believe that only members of their Church will inherit their so called "Celestial Kingdom". Your Book of Mormon is almost as bloodthirsty as the Bible, For Example; Your book of Mormon Character Nephi was commanded by an angel to kill another character "Laban" to collect Brass-Plates. I have been reading about you Mormons, Very Ret@rded Religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Science/god by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
^
[size=18pt]You are guilty of war when you take think the God you concieved is the one others must accept.[/size]
Re: Science/god by texanomaly(f): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
val_dee: ^
[size=18pt]You are guilty of war when you take think the God you concieved is the one others must accept.[/size]
I have never expected anyone to accept anything I believe. One thing I hold dear is that everyone has the right to Choose their path. Where did you get the idea that I thought otherwise? Perhaps you should check your facts before listening to other rantings. And one more thing, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. If he is not yours, I am sorry for putting you in that category. Thank you for commenting.
Re: Science/god by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
texanomaly:
I have never expected anyone to accept anything I believe. One thing I hold dear is that everyone has the right to Choose their path. Where did you get the idea that I thought otherwise? Perhaps you should check your facts before listening to other rantings. And one more thing, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. If he is not yours, I am sorry for putting you in that category. Thank you for commenting.

I was actually reffering to Van Snickers statement calling LDS a ret@rded religion.

Not you at all
Re: Science/god by texanomaly(f): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
val_dee:

I was actually reffering to Van Snickers statement calling LDS a ret@rded religion.

Not you at all

Oh, my mistake. I do apologize. I did not relish the though of you marking me off your "friend" list. Thanks for that then. grin I hope we are good.
Re: Science/god by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
texanomaly:
Oh, my mistake. I do apologize. I did not relish the though of you marking me off your "friend" list. Thanks for that then. grin I hope we are good.

It's ok. I will really like to know more about LDS; knowledge is never wasted.
Re: Science/god by texanomaly(f): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
val_dee:

It's ok. I will really like to know more about LDS; knowledge is never wasted.
Go to www.mormon.com. You can chat with a representative of my faith. They will even meet u in person, if you wish. You can PM me if you like. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. It might be advantageous to go to the site first, so that you know more before you ask. In the mean time I am more than willing to meet and yan with new friends.
Re: Science/god by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
?
Re: Science/god by Vansnickers: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
val_dee: ^

What "god" did i conceive? The only god i know is the one i see in the mirror every morning.

In other words, i am my own GOD.
Re: Science/god by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
Van snickers:

What "god" did i conceive? The only god i know is the one i see in the mirror every morning.

In other words, i am my own GOD.

You missed the point brother; it makes no sense criticizing another person's belief.

(1) (Reply)

This One Man "Gospel Choir" Had Simon Saying "Praise The Lord!" / Is Destiny The Criteria For Becoming Rich Or Poor In Life? / The Cult Of The Pastor-god

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.