Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

40 Years Ago,if Only: - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 40 Years Ago,if Only: (777 Views)

PHOTO: Pressing Iron That Was Used 2000 Years Ago / 30-40 Years Left / Taking Off Rubber 40 Years After Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

40 Years Ago,if Only: by dutchess(f): 4:37pm On May 13, 2008
40 Years Together

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him.
She finds him sitting at the dining room table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears deep in thought, just staring at the wall. She
Watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of coffee.
"What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room. "Why are you down here at this time of night?"
The husband looks up, "Do you remember 40 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 18?" he asks solemnly. The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so caring and sensitive.
"Yes, I do," she replies.
The husband pauses. The words are not coming easily. "Do you remember when your mother caught us behind the couch kissing?"
"Yes, I remember." says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.
The husband continues, "Do you remember when she shoved a shotgun in my face and said, either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 40 years?'"
"I remember that, too." she replies softly. He wipes another tear from his cheek and says "I would have gotten out today."
Re: 40 Years Ago,if Only: by kayowalemi(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2008
So he married under threat? then maybe he should go for his jail term now and when he comes out he will get someone to marry him

(1) (Reply)

Yard Work / Plane Crash / Driving Dog Prank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.