Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104534 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
baba_eko:

I do nto understand, how will this confuse them. Will they not simply see another ploor on top of the decking and a roof at some point in time ?

Here's what confuses the niggas.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
So far...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2014

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
brabus:

Good work jare, Oga Brabus. We dey follow your class oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
baba_eko:

I do nto understand, how will this confuse them. Will they not simply see another ploor on top of the decking and a roof at some point in time ?

Are you saying you will dash out hstd earned N150k just like that? I don't care what they eventually see or not see. It's what I tell them it is!
They don't like it, they might as well go complain about Fashola.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gabbytabby: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
brabus:

Smart idea especially if they buy it. It might just delay the inevitable and that is still a good thing cos you get to spend more of the money on the house instead of the rascals.

If they play hard ball you might threaten that you will have no money to complete the project and might need to stop at that point. They usually dont want to hear that and end up bargaining such that you pay 200k instead of 300k in all.

Goodluck.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by trumpcoat(m): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Create a beautiful home with colours and hues that reflect your personality

+234 [0] 80 2828 7950
http://trumpcoat.gnbo.com.ng
http://professionalpainter.gnbo.com.ng

1 Share

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2014
Reinforcement detailing and other works

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gbadexy(m): 7:25am On Jan 10, 2014
I know nothing about building but the iron decking work looks sturdy and the decking would be strong.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Jamesqu(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
All these ambush marketing on other people's blog needs to stop.

NL has created an avenue for advertisement...please TRUMPCOAT make use of it. We are following an interesting story and suddenly gbam, big big pictures of paint.

You are wasting people's MB o.

STOP IT!

Go ahead OP...

3 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by babaeko1: 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Oga Brabus

Just one question, the decking iron rods, what sizes are they ? It looks like a 14 or 16mm.

I have one question for you, if a builder recomends say 16mm for the decking, can the owner opt for say 18mm ?

Also for the foundation, if the builder recomends 16mm, can i choose 18mm as long as I'm paying for it ?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by spokesboy: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Qc1:

Are you saying you will dash out hstd earned N150k just like that? I don't care what they eventually see or not see. It's what I tell them it is!
They don't like it, they might as well go complain about Fashola.

Oga Brabus and QC1, What is the update on this project? Has it been completed?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
spokesboy:

Oga Brabus and QC1, What is the update on this project? Has it been completed?

We finished our part since January. I'm sure the client is preparing for the next phase.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2014
brabus:

We finished our part since January. I'm sure the client is preparing for the next phase.

^^^

The next phase will be roofing in about 2 months time (by the God's grace) mainly because the contractor #brabus# my oga at the top# has too much work on his hands right now.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Picture update.. the fence.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2014
I was very happy to see this.....

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2014
then this happened 48hrs later.....

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2014
It really hurts and I felt so down. The more I do nothing the worse it got. The rain was so heavy that this happened.....

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2014
When there is no courage left, you must turn to God to pick you up. With Jesus, all is well!

So after some sad moments I went to my knees and beg God to help me. Then I started the fence all over again.

Notice difference this time...more concrete pillars and the beam in the middle of the fence... grin

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2014
The fence then trapped the water with no where to go. We had no choice but to find a quick solution. The more we dug a drainage to make way for the water to get out, the more the outside water got in the compound. The next solution was to sand filled it so that the ground level will be higher from the back of the house toward street level.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
eventually.....

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
As soon as the contractor is ready for the roof and the next phase, we will keep you posted. Thanks.

God bless you all, IJN. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thanks for the updates Sir QC1. I'm happy when I deal with honest and innocent clients. I'm so sure back then there are so many things you don't know and you aren't aware of but those are things of the past.
Many times we (builders) always look past the challenges to the end result which is the most important thing. That's the reason I'm never bothered about other people's opinion especially when I knew I'm doing the right things after all Millionaires are lured into a victim mindset. Steve Jobs was fired from Apple and later rose to become the CEO of the most valuable company in the whole world.

I'm so happy to see the fence standing now and I hope you'll believe me any time I take stand on my budgets. I once said it that if I throw down a business for whatever reason, the client will either pay more to get the same quality or settle for less.

Recommendation: Please endeavour to backfill the fence cos of lateral pressure of the filling sand so that it doesn't heave. Good job all the way!

As for the roof, we will be ready when you are ready. The ministry has expanded with more disciples and followers grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ brabus

It's extremely easy for a builders to know what the end result and budget of a project will look like. On the other hand, it's extremely difficult for the clients take one man opinion in contrast to others.

We started very well, more like blood brothers but we ended like just another client and contractor in disagreement...which is regrettable.

On the budget, I thank God that you know I've never questions you, though, I might have want to save some money at the end but again, who wouldn't?....lol

My only blame here is that I don't want to let go all the fun we had together from the beginning of the project Most people don't even know we weren't related. I hope others are reading and learn from this. Builders will have to eventually move on to a bigger projects no matter the strong relationship between them and the clients. How they depart is what tells them apart from a gentleman and just another guy.

Anyway. ...The past should stay in the past. By God's grace. ..the next phase should happen soon. I'd like you to do the roof. tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
QC-1, I am glad to see the progress on the project to this level.. God will bless to complete the whole thing..
I am also happy to see that QC-1 and Brabus are back together... I will never stop mitigating among peoples.
Thanks for exchange of several emails. God will bless us all.

Note: QC-1, when I grow up, I want to be highly religious minded like you.. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
^^^^Grow up ke?.... shocked shocked shocked I'm still very young o o o grin grin grin
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by cleric(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
brabus:
Recommendation: Please endeavour to backfill the fence cos of lateral pressure of the filling sand so that it doesn't heave.

Oga brabus, can you please explain this term? Does it mean filling the other side of the fence?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
cleric:

Oga brabus, can you please explain this term? Does it mean filling the other side of the fence?

^^^
I was wondering if that is what it meant too?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 12:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Qc1:

^^^
I was wondering if that is what it meant too?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by cleric(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
brabus:

Yes.

Thanks and noted.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cool
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Jamesqu(m): 2:14am On Jul 31, 2014
@Qc1, not to be a prophet of doom but that fence job will eventually still give way. A site I know of in Lagos had the same issues and all efforts to support the fence proved abortive.

Even if the whole fence is concrete, when water comes in deluge or accumulates, it will push the fence down.

The solution might be a very expensive job I witnessed on another site in Lagos. What the owner eventually did was to make a canal through his compound. The parking area by the side of the house was dug and a man made canal was constructed to allow the water flow through the compound. The canal was then covered with those iron gratings that can easily be removed for cleaning.

Besides this, he was forced to construct a same size drainage behind and infront of his site. The one behind was not too long and allowed the water to flow through a designated path into the compound canal, while the one infront (was very long to the end of the street and into the main drain) carried the water out of the compound away from the house.

In fact he initially didn't make the one in front all the way but once the water left his compound, it went straight into other peoples homes and caused more destruction.

At the end he spent as much money as he did on the foundation and suspended slab combined together to save his investment.

The earlier mentioned site discovered the builder did not make the foundation higher enough than the street level and are still building the fence thrice a year...i think they have corrugated iron around the house now.

Such a bummer but I wish you the best...just don't stop inspecting and brainstorming on the problem.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / Photos Of Aliko Dangote’s $30Million Home - By Africadle.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.