Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,351 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate (12526 Views)

The Biggest Mistakes Logo Designers Make / Graphic Designers!!! How Do I Make A Single Pixel Border In Photoshop? ?? / New Facebook Group For Nigerian Graphic Designers, "naija Graphics". Join Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Kemmia(f): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
8 nd 10 angry
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by slyk2(m): 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
dheaven: I dont see anything wrong with most of the question. Do you want your customer to drop the work for you without uttering a word? Anybody that hate these words is not a good graphics designer.

I wonder how you will talk and explain to them better.
Most of them are 'irritating' to talk to.
And a lot of them are not quite figurative in thinking.
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ProfessorD(m): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is too dumb....mctweerrrrrrrewwwwwwww
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ifeanyi83(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
" why are you charging that much?...is it not just to press the computer and the thing will come out "....
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
phuck am out kinda bored undecided undecided undecided
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by mymz(f): 12:48am On Oct 07, 2013
OluwaDrey: So what are we supposed to do with this info? Stop voicing our thoughts to them?

No. just to let u know how ridiculous those questions are.

@title of thread: it should be phrases webmasters/programmers hate NOT graphic designers.

@topic: lol...very true. people should realize that IT is not magic neither is it car tricks. try going to a hospital (a good hospital not the quack ones) and telling the doctor how to treat u. i bet u he'd feel just like the op does at this precise moment.

approach it like a business deal and pay him/her his/her worth.
you would have done it yourself if u could but cos u can't, you're asking someone else to do it for you. therefore, allow him/her do the job without all the whining.

Nuff said, nyt nyt.
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by britneykyute(f): 1:23am On Oct 07, 2013
na my money...i go tawk anyfin wey i like...iph him no want make him go hug bush angry angry[size=8pt][/size]
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by mustaphagreens(m): 1:48am On Oct 07, 2013
Decryptor: This should be "15 Phrases Webmasters Hate". Not Graphic Designers...@OP, are you a learner?
Wetin? U wan show urself abi?
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by kolamilan(m): 5:05am On Oct 07, 2013
lol.
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by iamdsam: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2013
In every working profession one is, you must certainly meet those that would insult, criticize you both constructively and non-constructively. It may hurt sometimes but it worths it if you like and have passion for what you're doing.
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2013
why hate it? its your job to satisfy your customer in that regard
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by DexxyAlebs(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2013
i need someone to teach me graphic design location is ikorodu, 08022584435
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by isleman(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2013
As a graphic designer, web designer or what ever profession you are, you will always have this kind of provocative questions from lame clients in as much as you are still operating as one man business.

To save you from these headaches, work more as a corporate entity(you don't necessarily need to have big office to be corporate). Just operate corporately. For example;

1. have a website that says all about you - direct all clients that ask too much questions about your business or want to know what you can do to your business website. this will save you a lot explanation especially to a lame clients

2. Let your website tell the price - this ensures you are just as well and you are not over charging or charging per appearance. It proves you have a fixed price. You may negotiate from there if you like

3. State out details of your work and procedure before you start the work for a client - state all you will do, and all the client needs to do before you start the work. that will prevent you from..."i said you should do this and you didn't.... why didn't you do this and that?" once every thing is cleared before you start, no argument on completion.

4. State all your agreements on paper - This is in continuation of 3 above. once you have an agreement, put them all down and both party signs to it. should the matter lead to police or court case, you have an evidence of agreement on what you agreed to do.

5. Collect part payment before you start - failure to do so means you are desperate for a job. once a clients notices that, they play you

6. do what is expected of you - Always ensure you do you part as expected and perhaps beyond expectation. It sells you

7. release soft copy if required. you may charge for it. what are you hiding? if the client demands a soft copy, release it! abi you copy and paste?

8. Issue receipts, unpaid invoices and paid invoice for evidence of business transaction. it gives clients respect for your business and they complain less (please avoid mistakes in your invoices and receipts- it tarnishes your business image big time).

9. Accept correction and criticism - the customer is always right

10. pay your taxes - its helps you get bigger jobs. (you can flaunt it) some jobs required evidence of tax clearance.

1 Like

Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by nex(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2013
It's not just Graphic Designers that hate such phrases, it's everyone in the creative industry. I started giving free Social Media PR to a client who confessed to me that his company had gotten broke, but after a few months, when things were improving, he thanked me, and revealed to me that once I can help him get back to profitability, he'll have enough money to hire the best PR person, who to him was Toni Payne. PROBLEM!
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by adexsimply(m): 10:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Na true talk
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by cmonek(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello senoir friends, please I ve just completed a programme on the good use of corel draw, logo development and photoshop. I am now looking for a firm to work as a graphic designer (interns) here in ph. Please help me locate one or kindly give me a call on this line 08092135751. I sincerely soliciting for your kind help dear senoir friends. Thanks. Chidi
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ChuckD2(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
Design is quite a tasking job but only designers actually understand how much efforts one puts into conceiving an idea and realizing it. I can understand why people will make such annoying statements: They just don't know/understand what it takes. Simple.

Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
16. Please if you can't do it let me know
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Decryptor(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
mustaphagreens:
Wetin? U wan show urself abi?
That one concern u!
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by tobyharwe(m): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
una no want make contractor describe ni, abi!!!
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ozaro(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Im pretty sure what every graphic designer/web designer/programmer or whatever that knows what he or she is doing is ask the customer ''what do u want''?....''do u have any concept in mind?'' and things like that.......so whats the point in asking those questions if at the end of the day u r still gonna be telling me i should use a certain software or make it look like someone else's design. it doesnt make any sense to me......#MyOpinion
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ibrozyconcept(m): 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
A Client once asked me to create something that even pple outside the world will feel

Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by ozaro(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
ibrozyconcept: A Client once asked me to create something that even pple outside the world will feel

un-freaking-believable!!!!!!
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Odionastron: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2013
its only no 14 i did not get from these demoralising customers. they wore me out. i thought i was the only in nigeria that got these comments.
Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2013
Hello Pros in the room,
I just did this design to show someone that wants to hire me. do you think it is ok. please make your comments so as to know whether there is fault and where it lies. Thanks.

Re: 15 Phrases Graphic Designers Hate by DexxyAlebs(m): 6:54pm On May 15, 2017
DexxyAlebs:
i need someone to teach me graphic design location is ikorodu, 08022584435
4 years down the line and I'm a graphic artist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3d Modeling And Animation / Nairalander Makes Yung6ix Kpansh artwork Competition Top 10 / Cinema4d Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.