Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. (849 Views)

How To Design School Result Sheet Automated System With Microsoft Excel / Import Excel Sheet To Mysql Database / Cascading Style Sheet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. by WebJunior(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2008
Dear friends,

I have a CSS problem in a particular website and I hope someone here can help me out.  I have attached an image to this post that will show you my exact problem, and below is the CSS code that I want to concentrate on:

#footer {
padding: 8px 6px 8px 0;
clear: both;
margin-top: 12px;
    width: 770px;
    height: 32px;
background: url(, /images/footer_end_bg.gif) #FCE8FC no-repeat;
color: #ffffff;
text-align: center;
}

It is the footer part of my website, everything appear normal as expected in IE, Flock, Mozilla Firefox and Netscape, but something is wrong when browsing the site with Opera.

As you can see from the attached image, the right side and the bottom right corner are not making the site happy, so I need someone to help me out here.

Thanks.

Re: I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. by WebJunior(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2008
Ah come on guys, someone must be able to help me out here.
Re: I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. by uspry1(f): 4:46pm On May 15, 2008
Try this from google i found at: http://www.webmaster-talk.com/css-forum/52080-opera-css-problem.html

Opera browser and CSS problem:

Zero out the margins AND padding on your body section and the space will go away:

body {
font-family: Trebuchet ms, Tahoma, Arial, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
margin:0 auto;
padding: 0;
background-color:#000000;
}

Opera browser/CSS bugs:

www.positioniseverything.net/op-omnibus.html

http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/reference/Bleep/

Good luck! cool cool cool cool
Re: I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. by WebJunior(m): 3:28am On May 17, 2008
Dear uspry1

Thanks for your response, I have checked out those websites and they are good leads, they discussed of the older versions tho and not the current ones, so the problem is still there.

But come to think of it, is it really neccessary to please all browsers? Any way thanks, if anything comes you way please do not hesitate to share.
Re: I Need Help With My Cascading Style Sheet. by yawatide(f): 8:43pm On May 28, 2008
@webjunior:

you should have target browsers in mind. If you are develooping for say, a work place and they use a specific browser, then you code with that one in mind.

Check your web logs to see where your visitors are coming from. then fine tune your site accordingly.

Per your tabs, you probably could have done it a lil differently - cut the right corner and use that as a background for the LI then have the left corner and its background as part of say, an H1.

Bottomline though, if you really want the help, you have to provide us with a url

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Swift Broadband Users / Free Online Seminar For All / How Do I Install Smf Using Cpanel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.