Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,919 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Don't Break My Heart - Are You In A Relationship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Break My Heart - Are You In A Relationship? (591 Views)

Virginity Stop! Don't Break That Gate / Don't Break The Hedge. / "break My Heart With What Breaks Yours" Brook Fraser, Hosanna - Jesus Stood At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Break My Heart - Are You In A Relationship? by Appswheel(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
It stuns me when people cry of broken heart and broken promises. I hear sayings like, “I don’t expect this from you”. Come to think of this, what if your heart is made of elastic – How, you may ask?

If you are a science student you will realize that the stress – strain curve for glass is easily reached and the material breaks when little force is applied but for elastic materials their elastic limit is hardly reached, no matter how hard they are stretched they tend to go back to their original state.

There is a part of scriptures that says, “Woe to him who places his trust in man”. By default, man is not without fault. How perfect are you? So why do you expect perfection from everybody? How perfect have you been in your dealings and relationship with others?

Remember the story of the adulterous woman? That is how self righteous we humans can be. Her accusers covered up their sins and wouldn’t mind putting her to death for a sin they were also guilt of – that is how we sometimes act.
The import of these questions is not to justify all wrong doing against you rather it is meant to prepare your heart for such occurrence. Your reaction to heart breaks and disappointments can really take it toil on your physiology.

Now, I present my elastic heart theory, it promulgates that, “the more you make space for Gods word in your heart the less humans can toil with your heart and emotions. When they do, He provides you with the inner strength to forge ahead instead of giving in to self pity and rejection”.

Without Christ, life remains a complex whole. May His word find a place in our heart and may it be a light to our path. Thanks for reading – God loves YOU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Break My Heart - Are You In A Relationship? by seungbanja: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
i agree wt u. Christ is the only source of true happiness. no man can make anyone happy.
Re: Don't Break My Heart - Are You In A Relationship? by PastorOluT(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2013
My thought exactly, God bless U

(1) (Reply)

Ten Big Media Lies’ About Israel / Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? / Message Of Jesus To The Whole World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.