Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

2face Slammed With N120million Suit By Photographer Over Unpaid Wedding Photos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Slammed With N120million Suit By Photographer Over Unpaid Wedding Photos (912 Views)

Pics: Tekno Slammed By Tanzanian Fans Over 'cosy' Pics With Controversial Vixen / Tiwa Savage Confronts Photographer Over Her Baby’s Pictures, Seizes Camera / Shakira Wins $100m Suit By Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2face Slammed With N120million Suit By Photographer Over Unpaid Wedding Photos by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2013
9ralife.com:

Tuface and Wife receiving Akwa-ibom State Governor Akpabio's car gift about their wedding, recently

Tuface and Wife receiving Abia State Governor Akpabio’s car gift about their wedding, recently

For umpteenth time, criticism that singer Tuface Idibia only loves to receive but reluctant to give even when dutifully required in a contract has surfaced yet again. This time, it is with a lawsuit.

An Abuja based Photographer, Emmanuel Okolo has slammed a 120 million Naira suit against Tuface and wife, Annie for unpaid wages of photo-shoot during their wedding recently, TheHerald is reporting.

The lavish wedding made ripples recently.

Presiding the case yesterday, Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court in Lago,s fixed October 16, 2013 for commencement of trial in the N120 million copyright suit.

The plaintiff is asking six reliefs; two of which include a N100million compensation in general damages and N20million in exemplary damages.
At the resumed hearing yesterday, neither TuFace nor his wife was represented in court. Anifite who is the second defendant was however represented by his counsel, J.O Uttute.

During proceedings, however, a mild drama developed when the judge openly admonished Uttute after the latter claimed that he had filed his defence when he had not done so.

The judge warned him not to come to his court again if he was not prepared for the case.

“You told me that you have filed your response, but looking through here, there is nothing to that effect. And you are even smiling. Do you think you are here to joke? Never come to this court again if you are not prepared. You don’t even know when the case was filed and you are not prepared for it,” said the judge.

Also, the plaintiff’s counsel, Habeeb Oredola expressed worry over the defendants’ absence in the court or any form of legal representation by a counsel after they were served with the writs of summon.

In the writ of summon, It appears that Okolo was contracted through a third party Ms Chineze Anyaene on behalf of Mrs Idibia to take photographs of the traditional event.

The plaintiff claimed that he was initially reluctant but when convinced that it carried the blessing of the couple, he had gone ahead. He continued by saying that Annie Idibia later contacted him after the wedding and demanded for the printing of 10 of the high resolution pictures taken, which further convinced the couple consented to the contract.

It would be recalled that one of ‘Plantashun Boiz’ member, Blackface accused Tuface of playing smart with the ‘African Queen’ track which brought the latter to limelight. Blackface said they did the song together but Tuface claimed all glory due to it without recourse or payment of royalty due for the song.

“Yes, we wrote it together and I gave him permission to do so (use it in his album) because, when he was recording his album we were still living in the same apartment. I found out that the album was not making any sense, so I told him that the only thing that will allow the album to make sense is to include the ‘African Queen’ which we both wrote. But I didn’t say he should take away my own right. That is the rider. For the fact that I wrote a song for you to perform does not mean you should claim it and deprive me of my own right”, Blackface in his words.

Recently, Tuface was widely criticized after his wedding for taking his ceremony away from those who patronize his songs locally.

Source: http://9ralife.com/stingy-2face-and-wife-slammed-with-n120million-suit-by-photographer-over-unpaid-wedding-photo-shoots/
Re: 2face Slammed With N120million Suit By Photographer Over Unpaid Wedding Photos by sheedy407(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2013
ojb,tonto dikeh and now 2face story.i just hope nairaland is just getting promoted with such news

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Graduates With 5.0 CGPA In Russian University / List Of Winners At City People Entertainment Awards(2013) / Angelo And Beverly Gets Horney Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.