Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Experienced Studying In India? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experienced Studying In India? (3770 Views)

Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Nigerians Studying In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Studying In India? by mekk(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2008
Hi guys,
I really need someone who had been to India for Academic purpose(talking about IT) to let me in to what Life is like in India.stuffs like cost of living,food,housing,experience.In fact everything there to talk about.
bring it on,anything. love y'all,
Re: Experienced Studying In India? by marjson(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2008
LIFE IN INDIA IS BEAUTIFUL.
THEIR COST OF LIVING IS REASONABLE COMPARED TO NIGERIA.YOU CAN ONLY FIND JOB IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SKILLED PERSON OTHERWISE YOU HAVE TO LOAD ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER YOUR EXPENSES.THEIR I.T EDUCATION IS AMONG THE BEST IN THE WORLD.
Re: Experienced Studying In India? by dnative(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2008
Depends on your intentions after studies - planning to stay in India or back to Nigeria to seek employment. Also depends on the level of study you seek to pursue - UG, Masters or Professional IT courses. I'll break it down for you.

India is definitely technologically advanced, no doubt - far years ahead naija in terms of IT. All the big players in IT, Microsoft, Cisco, Yahoo, Verizon, HP, IBM, Citrix, Sun, VMWare, RedHat to name just a few have significant presence in India and I don't just mean a glorified sales outlet like the ones they maintain in Naija. I mean serious BAU Support, Enterprise Datacenters, completely outsourced offshore operations - enough to engage majority of the nationals in IT there. Even the company I work for here have massive offshore operations in Bangalore and Chennai with folks coming over here on a regular basis.

However having said this, consider that India is a nation of over 900million people with a very diverse cultural and an odd caste system. Meaning - if you plan to stay back there and work after your studies, better do serious research about the opportunities available there to a black man from west africa before making a move. India most likely still have the highest number of foreign students (mostly coming to study IT related courses) in UK and US, same for H1B immigrants in the US and HSMP immigrants in the UK. Your India IT degree might not be worth a lot in these countries (US and UK) if your ultimate aim is to move there.

Also if your intention is to come back to Nigeria with your qualifications, do a check on acceptability of Indian IT degrees in naija, I don't think they give that much regards to them as they do for UK, US and Canadian degrees.

Furthermore if what you're looking as is professional IT training and certifications, might as well stay back in Naija. Even naija has a handful of Cisco Academies now. And really employers don't really care about where you had the training for your professional certifications - and it doesn't say on the certificate itself as well.

So see, it really depends, what are your plans.
Re: Experienced Studying In India? by Ogum(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
pls i am looking for an institution where i can be trainned on electrical power transformer repair and installation in india or any country.

(1) (Reply)

My First Lagos Experience. / How Can I Get Botswana Visa From Nigeria / Nigerian Visa Named The 9th Hardest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.