Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201528 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
please anyone studying in Portugal, a friend of mine with OND need info on getting admission for undergraduate and visa processing.........thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
moneybag100: please anyone studying in Portugal, a friend of mine with OND need info on getting admission for undergraduate and visa processing.........thanks.
what course?
what is his budget?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
monoformdude:
what course?
what is his budget?
Any major Science courses
Budget Depend on the school fees which I heard its low...like 1400 euro per year if am right....
Are you schooling there?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Any major Science curses
Budget Depend on the school fees which I heard its low...like 1400 euro per year if am right....
Are you schooling there?
i will check 4 in im. nd m nt schooling dia

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 12:04am On Aug 02, 2014
monoformdude:
i will check 4 in im. nd m nt schooling dia
Okay thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 12:19am On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Okay thanks.
http://www.4icu.org/reviews/3883.htm

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 12:22am On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Okay thanks.
according to
http://www.university-list.net/rank/univ-110070.html
the university is less than $2000 = #324,000
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 12:38am On Aug 02, 2014
monoformdude:
according to
http://www.university-list.net/rank/univ-110070.html
the university is less than $2000 = #324,000
Oh thanks....will check it this morning...the website is not organized when I checked on phone....all in Portuguese.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Oh thanks....will check it this morning...the website is not organized when I checked on phone....all in Portuguese.
the school web?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2014
monoformdude:
the school web?
Yea.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Yea.
leme get yhu d english link

http://sigarra.up.pt/up/en/WEB_PAGE.INICIAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=monoformdude]
leme get yhu d english link

http://sigarra.up.pt/up/en/WEB_PAGE.INICIAL[/quote
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by jadajada: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Why portugal?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Studying in Portugal is a welcome idea. It is a schengen country which your resident permit gives you access and free movement to other 25 schengen countries. They're opportunities in portugal as well but someone just need to know how to speak portuguese language before you can tap into such opportunities as english is not their native nor national language (I don't mean you can't do one or two things as English language speaker).
Portugal is currently facing economic challenge even though they're at the bail out point, the economy is still moving with less effect on job opportunities.

Portuguese Higher institutions are classified into two (2). 1. Universities 2. Polytechnics.

Both Universities and Polytechnics award degree (B.Sc & M.Sc) but only Universities award Ph.D as some Polytechnics were about to start that too very soon (Note: Portuguese Higher Education classified Universities and Polytechnics as one, in short, some Polytechnics have higher ranking and recognition that some universities likewise vice versa.

Portugal Higher Institutions (Uni & Poly) tuition fee are regulated by State Province but as of last year, they have make it open for every school to decide their tuition fee. Nevertheless, they're some schools that are less than 1000 euro and more comparable.

Tuition fee payment in portugal is by 10 months installmental. Let assume your tuition fee for a year is 1000 euro. Your payment plan will be 1000 euro ÷ 10, that is 100 euro per months (very flexible). If you decide to pay it full at a go, good and fine.

Also, you don't have to pay tuition fee before you get your visa and their visa have no bureaucracy. You pay your tuition fee (1st installment) during registration and enrollment in your school.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
After payment of your tuition fee (1st installment). The school will direct you to the province hospital for your Health Insurance and from there to SEF with your school ID card and Payment receipt in order to get your resident permit card. Note: The resident permit is to be renew every year.

For Undergraduate application: Portugal has just passed a law this year that all applicant have to legalized their educational docs for admission and visa but some schools have not adopted it so you can use that opportunity to apply to school of your choice. As for Postgraduate, you don't need such, you only have to authenticate your transcript/result from NUC.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
For Prospective Student applying to any portuguese school, please note that Portuguese Embassy in Nigeria don't issue visa for Portuguese Language or Portuguese Preparatory Class. The embassy will tell you to get Portuguese Language Competency B1 or B2 at Portugal Cultural Centre in Abuja or Lagos than issuing you visa. Please take note!

Also, most of the schools in Portugal teaching language is Portuguese, only 3 to 5 school have Bachelor degree in English while for Postgraduate, much schools teach in English.

Moreover, some schools do admit student even though the programme is in Portuguese but with condition that the student will have portuguese language competency B1 level at the end of year one.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
I stand to be corrected in a good manner way even though am in portugal.

12 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I stand to be corrected in a good manner way even though am in portugal.
awesome! so so encouraging
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
For those that want less tuition school, check this school Institute Polytechnic of Port Alegre. http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/about us.aspx
Bachelor degree is 900 euro whil masters is 980 euro.

You can check www.univ.cc, click on world listing, the click on portugal, the schools in portugal will appear, explore the school site and get the info you need. If there's anything you don't understand, come back to the forum let us put head together.

Desejo a todos o melhor! Foza!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Omojayejaye(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
TheRoyalprince: For those that want less tuition school, check this school Institute Polytechnic of Port Alegre. http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/about us.aspx
You can check www.univ.cc, click on world listing, the click on portugal, the schools in portugal will appear, explore the school site and get the info you need. If there's anything you don't understand, come back to the forum let us put head together.
Nice one..broda..am processing germo reason bin dat availability of jobs to support ones studies..I heard that Portuguese youths are on the run coz of the economic hardship..
Pls is it possible to move to another schengen to work after the semester to be able to support the program...what is the minimum amount for statement of account..lastly do they offer post graduate diploma..thanks for informing peeps here..

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
TheRoyalprince: For those that want less tuition school, check this school Institute Polytechnic of Port Alegre. http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/about us.aspx

Thanks very much...wao...this is very good information....please can you list schools that teaches in english for bachelor degree? How long is their admission processing? What and what does the school needed for admission?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by udemski(m): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please what about phd, is it also less than € 1000 and what's the duration like

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Omojayejaye:
Nice one..broda..am processing germo reason bin dat availability of jobs to support ones studies..I heard that Portuguese youths are on the run coz of the economic hardship..
Pls is it possible to move to another schengen to work after the semester to be able to support the program...what is the minimum amount for statement of account..lastly do they offer post graduate diploma..thanks for informing peeps here..

Is possible to move to another schengen country to work during break but it depend if it is with a standard organization/company that can help you secure work permit if such country require it (like norway) but for menial jobs, I dunno really know, naija no dey carry last, so there's nothing impossible for an average naija hustler.

For your Bank Statement, you are good to go with 5M.

Yes, they offer PGD programmes.

Note: There's no national of a country that doesn't go to another country to work even though the number may be different. Even though portugal is facing economic challenge, is far better than economy stronghold of Africa called Nigeria. Not that I condemn my country, No. I love Nigeria! The land is Green!

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 11:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
moneybag100:
Thanks very much...wao...this is very good information....please can you list schools that teaches in english for bachelor degree? How long is their admission processing? What and what does the school needed for admission?

I'm not here to give you fish. I'm here to teach you how to catch fish. The internet is there for you to get whatever info you want. Use www.bachelorsportal.com to get list of school that teaches in English and the courses.

Admission duration varies from one school to another but from my experiences the maximum duration is 4-5 weeks.

Admission requirement also varies from one school to another. The major docs required are: Int'l passport data page, SSCE result, Uni Transcript/result for PostGD and other educational docs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
udemski: Please what about phd, is it also less than € 1000 and what's the duration like

Most PhD programmes comes with full or partial scholarship package and is possible you get the one that have tuition fee less than 1000 euro. Check www.mastersportal.com. Also, browse this school, university of minho (www.uminho.pt) and see. A friend of mine just got full scholarship there at PhD level.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Omojayejaye(m): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2014
@Theroyalprince...tanx for the swift response..5m statement of account is a turnoff for me right now..cos it is expensive, I think...could it be cost of living is so high in Portugal..in germo it's 1.8m.but according to your info tuition is cheap and flexible as well..dats an advantage..and pls are documents required to be translated to Portuguese and can I certify my academic certificates/transcript in the court of law...tanx
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Omojayejaye: @Theroyalprince...tanx for the swift response..5m statement of account is a turnoff for me right now..cos it is expensive, I think...could it be cost of living is so high in Portugal..in germo it's 1.8m.but according to your info tuition is cheap and flexible as well..dats an advantage..and pls are documents required to be translated to Portuguese and can I certify my academic certificates/transcript in the court of law...tanx
Oh thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 11:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Omojayejaye: @Theroyalprince...tanx for the swift response..5m statement of account is a turnoff for me right now..cos it is expensive, I think...could it be cost of living is so high in Portugal..in germo it's 1.8m.but according to your info tuition is cheap and flexible as well..dats an advantage..and pls are documents required to be translated to Portuguese and can I certify my academic certificates/transcript in the court of law...tanx

The cost of living is not high in Portugal exception of Lisbon and Porto. Mine was around 5M when I came and it was me and my wife but for an individual, it shouldn't be more than 1.5M to 2M.

You don't need to translate your docs to Portuguese neither you have to certify it. As I stated earlier, Portugal just passed a law that countries that are not part of Hague Convention have to legalize their docs for admission and visa but most of the schools have not adopted it. For now, you're good to go with your application.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

I'm not here to give you fish. I'm here to teach you how to catch fish. The internet is there for you to get whatever info you want. Use www.bachelorsportal.com to get list of school that teaches in English and the courses.

Admission duration varies from one school to another but from my experiences the maximum duration is 4-5 weeks.

Admission requirement also varies from one school to another. The major docs required are: Int'l passport data page, SSCE result, Uni Transcript/result for PostGD and other educational docs.
I checked through the site...its too widen......and most schools I checked there its too costly like 4keuros....could you give me a link to a school for undergraduate course in english language...if possible application form link....some fish are not easy to catch it could take you all day to catch them and you might caught a snail instead of fish some times.. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
moneybag100:
I checked through the site...its too widen......and most schools I checked there its too costly like 4keuros....could you give me a link to a school for undergraduate course in english language...if possible application form link....some fish are not easy to catch it could take you all day to catch them and you might caught a snail instead of fish some times.. Thanks.

Most schools in Portugal just increase their tuition fee for 2014/2015 session. A friend told me that his professor said International students were gradually increasing in number and the schools have to increase their income but notwithstanding the payment plan (10 months installmental payments in still OK). Some student do go on erasmus to another school/country for a semester or academic session and they get paid close to 500 euro per months. I feel if the tuition is around 2500 to 3000k euro, is still ok.
Google these schools web:

Instituto Politécnico da Guarda
Instituto Politécnico de Beja
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco
Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra
Instituto Politécnico de Leiria
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Instituto Politécnico de Portalegre
Instituto Politécnico de Santarém
Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal
Instituto Politécnico de Tomar
Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo
Instituto Politécnico do Cávado e do Ave
Instituto Politecnico do Porto

Some of them offer Bachelor at English level with less affordable tuition fee.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
I have friend at this school admission office and he told me that they offer admission to International student that don't speak portuguese language but prior to enrollment, the school will register you for Portuguese Language (B1 competency) for the 1st semester at a token amount less than 50 euro but the tuition fee is 2500 euro per session and you can pay in 10 months installment. The school name is Universidade de Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro and the web is http://www.utad.pt/vEN/Pages/HomepageUtad.aspx

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I have friend at this school admission office and he told me that they offer admission to International student that don't speak portuguese language but prior to enrollment, the school will register you for Portuguese Language (B1 competency) for the 1st semester at a token amount less than 50 euro but the
tuition fee is 2500 euro per session and you can pay in 10 months installment. The school name is Universidade de Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro and the web is http://www.utad.pt/vEN/Pages/HomepageUtad.aspx

Will check through it...thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.