Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

African Images-sights And Sounds! - Culture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Images-sights And Sounds! (120401 Views)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Videos And Sounds of People Speaking Igbo / The Edo Alphabet: A Look At The Benin Letters And Sounds By Richmond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Salym(m): 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

So are they Hausa or Fulani?

what do you think are they? they are neither fully blooded Hausa nor fully blooded Fulani. In fact they are more of Hausa than Fulani with regards to language, culture and dressing.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Salym:

what do you think are they? they are neither fully blooded Hausa nor fully blooded Fulani. In fact they are more of Hausa than Fulani with regards to language, culture and dressing.

The whole Hausa-Fulani thing needs to go away. I have had other Fulani people in other nations ask me about it. I told them it is only a political term. Now I am a pure blood of Mbororo Fulani origin, Nigerians especially Northerners should not think that Fulani people intermarried only in Nigeria. Go to Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Senegal, Guinea, etc. and you will find many mixed Fulani people (Fulani+Mande, Fulani+Tuareg, Fulani+Serer, Fulani+Wolof, etc.) Yet these people identify themselves with only one ethnic group.

By clustering Fulani and Hausa together, it gives people the wrong and incorrect impression that the two ethnic groups are the same, which they are not.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Salym(m): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

The whole Hausa-Fulani thing needs to go away. I have had other Fulani people in other nations ask me about it. I told them it is only a political term. Now I am a pure blood of Mbororo Fulani origin, Nigerians especially Northerners should not think that Fulani people intermarried only in Nigeria. Go to Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Senegal, Guinea, etc. and you will find many mixed Fulani people (Fulani+Mande, Fulani+Tuareg, Fulani+Serer, Fulani+Wolof, etc.) Yet these people identify themselves with only one ethnic group.

By clustering Fulani and Hausa together, it gives people the wrong and incorrect impression that the two ethnic groups are the same, which they are not.

so you expect such people to throw away their other heritage just like that? What would u want them to be referred to,HAUSA? OR FULANI?.....What you are proposing will bring about much more confusion rather than solve the problem.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Salym:

so you expect such people to throw away their other heritage just like that? What would u want them to be referred to,HAUSA? OR FULANI?.....What you are proposing will bring about much more confusion rather than solve the problem.

Because Hausa and Fulani are NOT the same thing. Let me give you an example. In Fulani culture, if a Fulani man marries a Tuareg woman, the children are considered Fulani, because they are based on what thier father is. If it is vice-versa, they are considered Touareg.

In some countries like Mali where Fulani and Mande (Bambara, Mandinka, and other Mande groups) people have intermarried and formed a new group with Fula identity called Wasulu/Wasoulu.

I am not the only Fulani who believes that this should be addressed in Nigeria. Again, Hausa and Fulani are not the same. It is like saying Yoruba and Igbo are the same.
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:29am On Jan 02, 2014
Hausa-fulani should and must go away.period, both tribes are patriarchal, if your dad is Hausa you are Hausa, if he's Fulani you are fulani, they are not the only Ones who intermarry in this world. I think most people using that nonsensical tag are suffering from inferiority complex and the,others for political appointments or benefits .

Most people doing that are Fulani tho

2 Likes

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Hausa-fulani should and must go away.period, both tribes are patriarchal, if your dad is Hausa you are Hausa, if he's Fulani you are fulani, they are not the only Ones who intermarry in this world. I think most people using that nonsensical tag are suffering from inferiority complex and the,others for political appointments or benefits .

Most people doing that are Fulani tho

Did my beloved camcam just criticize patriarchy?
I have never been so happy my whole life.....
Infact am so happy am crying cry cry
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
fellis:

Did my beloved camcam just criticize patriarchy?
I have never been so happy my whole life.....
Infact am so happy am crying cry cry
where did I criticize the holy patriarchy? tongue
Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
Namibia

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mombasa kenya

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
S.Sudan

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Guinea Conakry

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fulani girl from Fouta Djallon, Guinea

1 Like

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
students reading on parking lot lights at G'bessi Airport in Conakry, Guinea

This is a country which is considered as the "GEOLOGICAL SCANDAL" because of the immense deposit of all type of mineral resources:gold,diamonds,aluminum(2/3 of the world),uranium,iron( the biggest deposit on earth), without forgetting the huge acreage of arable lands to grow everything,the rivers to build dams for electricity,etc....But alas a country of 10 millions for the majority living in poverty.For 50 years the Russian,American,French companies have been extracting the aluminum,gold,diamond and several billions of euro have been made,but the country is under developed because of the mentally poverty of the so-called "leaders" out there. They are all greedy,self-servant under the control of the West. The one who came and wanted to change everything was this young military officer by the name of Dadis Camara,who was leading a military junta.But France went quick to take him down,luckily he was not killed.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Katoucha Niane (b. 1960, Conakry, Guinea—died Feb. 2008, Paris, France), Guinean-born fashion model who became the muse of French designer Yves Saint Laurent in the 1980s as one of the first African top models in Paris.

She is mix her dad is from senegal.

"White"/European people know how to use "Black"/African people.She made the French designer make several millions of dollar and she probably ended up miserable compare to what she really deserved to get from representing the European designing cloth....RIP.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yoga at the beach-Guinea Conakry

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kinkon falls-Guinea Conakry

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Bob Marley in Gabon

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gabonese soldiers

Unfortunately they are not there to defend the people,but to defend the puppet.This is the typical African army. Most of the African army,NOT ALL,but for the majority operate under the former European colonial countries in particular France. The only French African countries which was trying to break all the "mutual defense" contracts was in 2004 the government of Laurent Gbagbo in Cote d'Ivoire after France had refused to help the Ivorian army to repress the rebellion. At this time the majority of the people did not know that it was exactly France that was arming and financing the rebels. Gabon is not the exception. There is a French military base in Libreville of over 5000 French troops. The so-called army of Gabon is supplied by France with all French military arsenal which are not even sophisticated...This "army" of Gabon is there to repress the Gabonese people in case they rise against the puppet Ali Bongo who is nothing but a stooge of France.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
Chicken muamba, Gabon

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Bwiti ceremony - Gabon

Bwiti has many connotations...but here it's an ethnic ceremony for the ethnic group called Omiene or Miene...it's only for women and it's more likely like a school of how to be a good woman. The purpose of the rite Bwiti is to initiate to the basics. They are moreover considered to be good women, in the kitchen as in bed. Lol. But as in all the rites or the religions there are sacrifices. They say of them that they would be required to sacrifice their spouses after having reached a certain social status and would be called after that " happy widows ". (What is not demonstrable). But they are good women. The apprenticeship would be especially sexual and of recommendations about some secrets practice. But none of them go far to the explanations. Hope I helped...

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gabonese

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kongou Falls, Gabon

Gabon is a central African country which has a population of less than 2 millions.But the resources are getting looted by French companies because they have put there a puppet by the name of Ali Bongo to "supervise" their "interests". More than 2/3 of Gabon is covered by forest and on top of that there is a large mineral deposits of manganese,ore(iron),beryllium,gold and also oil. But the majority of the population is poor thanks to France.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kongou Falls, Gabon

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Stone Forest in Madagascar

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Tugela Falls -S.A

The water in the falls has to be spring fed coming from the top of the escarpment. It must be absolutely pure and cold.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Asmara 2014

Asmara is the capital city and largest settlement in Eritrea.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kagame and his First Lady
Rwandan Leadership

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Maputo-Mozambique

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kalambo Falls, Zambia

"Yes, the Kalambo falls right here I'm my homeland. It's Africas 2nd highest falls. It too poorly marketed for tourism. I've challenged the thrill seekers, geologists & National Geographic to take pictures of the bottom of the falls. As far as I know, no picture exists of the foot of the Falls."

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
renown honeymoon spot Located in Zambia, couples can opt for a secluded "sleep out" under the stars.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
1924 Maasai Warrior. His girl friend'd arm can be seen wrapped over his shoulder.

Re: African Images-sights And Sounds! by onila(f): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Left-Nubas from Masakin Tiwal. Sudan. 1800s. Right Nubian Queen Tiye (King Tuts grandma)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (67) (Reply)

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.