Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Study In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In South Africa (3028 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? / Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study In South Africa by akinwumi84: 8:11pm On May 14, 2008
Hello My good people! I intend going to South Africa for my undergraduate study please can someone advise me on the procedure and requirements for travel and standard of living over there compare to here.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2008
Also remember say Lagos office na Racket now,U better off going to Abuja to apply and get ready ur 130k repatriation fee(Non-refundable),yes Non-refundable cos b4 u collect am back u go hear weeh!!!
Re: Study In South Africa by AKO1(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2008
ernal:

Also remember say Lagos office na Racket now,You better off going to Abuja to apply and get ready your 130k repatriation fee(Non-refundable),yes Non-refundable because before u collect am back u go hear weeh!!!

Yeah I was there some weeks ago and it was almost like hell let loose, too many Nigerians want travel go that side mehn.

Anyway someone told me that it is possible to fill the form online, is it true
Re: Study In South Africa by AKO1(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2008
akinwumi84:

Hello My good people! I intend going to South Africa for my undergraduate study please can someone advise me on the procedure and requirements for travel and standard of living over there compare to here.

Thanks

Check http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm as far as procedure and requirements for travel are concerned.

You will also need a yellow card (yellow fever vaccinnation documentation) at the embassy and at the airport. All the best!!! Which schools have you applied to?
Re: Study In South Africa by debouy: 12:50am On May 17, 2008
ernal:

Also remember say Lagos office na Racket now,You better off going to Abuja to apply and get ready your 130k repatriation fee(Non-refundable),yes Non-refundable because before u collect am back u go hear weeh!!!

what do u mean by lagos office na ''racket"' plus do they now collect repatraition fees from students as well.

1 Like

Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 1:02pm On May 17, 2008
debouy,see what A_K_O wrote.

SA embassy in Lagos is filled with too much touts and u cant even get in to get ur documents attended to.If u can travel to abuja its better,they have their Embassy in Usman street in Maitama,Abuja

Yes u go pay 130k as repatraition.
Re: Study In South Africa by revcom(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2008
shocked I IALSO WISH TO STUDY ENGR IN SA , WHAT DO I DO , GIVE GOOD HELP PLEASE ,
Re: Study In South Africa by AKO1(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2008
ernal:

SA embassy in Lagos is filled with too much touts and u can't even get in to get your documents attended to.If u can travel to abuja its better,they have their Embassy in Usman street in Maitama,Abuja

Their embassy in Abuja only attends to people living in the North and Abuja. The South can choose. The west MUST go to Lagos. This is to prevent and reduce the influx of people and touts from Lagos.

Im telling you from very recent experience. If you go to Abuja, you will waste your time and money. The only way you can do it is if you FORGE documents to prove that you presently work or school in Abuja.
Re: Study In South Africa by debouy: 2:37pm On May 26, 2008
Hi guys.Pls can anyone advise on how to book appointment at the s.a high commison for student visa? what docs do i have to provide? thanks as usual guys
Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2008
A_KO that has changed,Go to the Abuja Office and state Ur Need,2 of my friends were attended to and they had Lagos addresses,it was past their resumption date anyways.I still think u wiill get lot sanity in Abuja,Lagos embassy na ROGUE.

Na only Nija one embassy go be for some people and another for others!!! Na wa sha
Re: Study In South Africa by AKO1(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2008
ernal:

A_KO that has changed,Go to the Abuja Office and state your Need,2 of my friends were attended to and they had Lagos addresses,it was past their resumption date anyways.I still think u wiill get lot sanity in Abuja,Lagos embassy na ROGUE.

Na only Nigeria one embassy go be for some people and another for others!!! Na wa sha

Maybe your folks were there last year. I was there LAST WEEK. The security guard (one Steve guy lyk dis) even told us from the gate that if youre from the west, you must go to Lagos. Also, those of you that want to go through Abuja and are travelling before July, forget it, they are 'fully booked'. Someone got an appointment date for July 21st as at last week, imagine.

It's really senseless but they are only trying to preserve the sanity of the embassy.
Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2008
ha Ak_O well na them sabi!!!

Well wenti u suggest for SA troopers!!! grin
Re: Study In South Africa by debouy: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
hi guys, my school in s.a is resuming next week tuesday. and im yet to apply for visa becos d uni is yet to issue a receipt for d payments that i have made for my full tuition and accomodation and medical insurance. Although the school shall send me this receipts today, I have been advised to go to s.a high commission abuja and apply.will i be attended to there? wont d resumption date count against me?how soon shall d visa be isued? i intend to travel the next day visa is issued to me.
Pls i need responses urgently, Thanks
Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
just returned from abuja and i can tell u just go to abuja embassy u will be attended to,no waste ur time with those lagos folks,n if u go go by bus just follow abc.
Re: Study In South Africa by debouy: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2008
Thanks Ernal, I will depart for abuja this weekend.I shld be at the embassy first thing on monday morning. Do u have any idea how long it takes to get d visa? considering that my case is an mergency as the school resumes next week.
Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2008
its takes 2-3 days ,have ur repatriation money also o on ur atm card and all ur necessary papers,all the best man mi.later
Re: Study In South Africa by debouy: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2008
Thanks Ernal, I appreciate the advise, Can u please send me your email address? mine's I'd like to ask u some personal questions
Re: Study In South Africa by ernal(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2008
ok
Re: Study In South Africa by SerengetiTZ(m): 8:00am On Feb 26, 2016
akinwumi84:

Thanks
Did your efforts bear fruits??

(1) (Reply)

Places To Visit In Uyo, Ibom Unity Park. / God Bless Ezenwata Motors Poor Services / Hotels In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.