Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding (1610 Views)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by deoyel25(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2006
Hello Nairalander,
Five days to your wedding, you discover that your spouse is HIV positive. What will you do?
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by deoyel25(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2006
HELLO,

Five days to your wedding, you discover that your spouse is HIV positive. What will you do?
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Genial(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2006
Call it off.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 11:39am On May 22, 2006
Genial:

Call it off.
shocked shocked cry
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 11:40am On May 22, 2006
I'll go ahead and marry him! for Christ sake it's all bout love!!not illness

If he dies, i die with him cry if he lives i live with him! thats love kiss kiss kiss

but that aint going to be a very pleasant experience
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Rhodalyn(f): 11:44am On May 22, 2006
if i don't marry he, who else do i expect to cry
if i let him down, who else do i expect him to trust his heart and love with cry
if i couldnt stand by his side in tymes like this, who else should he look Up to cry
if i called myself the 'girl who loves him'' and yet i can't see him through thick and thin, then who else can?? cry
i will do! i will go ahead and marry him! afterall, we'll all going to die someday so why not just die for the sake of love rather than any other form of death cry
it's going to be tough but together we'll get through it kiss kiss
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by mamaput(f): 12:00pm On May 22, 2006
I do not only have myself to thing about but my kids . I cannot take that risk
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Genial(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2006
@Rhodalyn

If you mean what you just wrote,

you must be a remarkable person.

How did she get the disease? And did she know about it but conceal such information from me?

I realize that there are other ways of contracting HIV/AIDS other than sexual intercourse. . .

But if, inspite of the fact that I have excercised great personal discipline - being a proponent of 'no sex before marriage' myself. . .

she contracted this infection by . . .

well. . .

I'd call it off.

@ Mamaput - there are ways to prevent Parent-to-child transmission.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by mamaput(f): 12:15pm On May 22, 2006
@ Mamaput - there are ways to prevent Parent-to-child transmission.
I know but still i cannot risk getting it because i owe them an obligation to raise them.
When you have kids you have to try and live safe.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Genial(m): 12:18pm On May 22, 2006
mamaput:

I know but still i cannot risk getting it because i owe them an obligation to raise them.
When you have kids you have to try and live safe.

Hmmm. . .

Apparently experience helps you think more with your head. . .

and less with your heart (and other parts of the anatomy).
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by LadyB(f): 12:42pm On May 22, 2006
very very very very simply! no more wedding! be on your kneel & be thanking ur god. for the news didn't get to u in the marriage.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by retro(f): 4:16pm On May 22, 2006
If I find out that the guy I currently love to death is HIV positive, I don't know what I'll do. I love him A LOT and I can't currently imagine my life without him so I don't know what I'll do. I don't think I'll leave him, I don't know. I hope I never find out.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by my2cents(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2006
U leave the person:

The person didn't love you that much to tell you from the get-go. This is why pre-marital sex is to b discouraged. Now, if you have already done the wild and dirty dance and you find out he has HIV, chances are that you have it too. If you do, then you have nothing to lose and so its your choice whether or not you leave the person.

as always, my 2 cents
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by lunafish(f): 5:45pm On May 22, 2006
I wouyld be shocked and hurt that they didn't tell me about anything else. OBVIOUSLY lack of TRUST is the biggest issue and I couldn't marry someone who wwould keep life-changing things from me. i wouldn't discriminate against their being Positive but I would be really hurt by the fact that they didn't tell me in the first place and therefore stole my decision to say yes.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Obelomo: 9:10pm On May 22, 2006
Men! I will call the wedding off, Asiko Iku Ko ma Da! If I wanted HIV I might as well slept with 300 men. God forbid bad thing o!
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by kimba(m): 6:26pm On May 23, 2006
this one is haaaarrrrrdddd!

i dont know,
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:26pm On May 25, 2006
this a real though question that can't be answered easily.what of if you love him,and you find out he contacted the disease through being unfaithful to you what do you do?
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by mamaput(f): 2:27pm On May 25, 2006
what about testing yourself first . I mean someone loke me has to test the product b4 buying.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by creams(f): 5:55pm On May 29, 2006
If u don't stand by him, who will. since u know hes going to die someday so u have to show him that love nd affection he needs, coz u're the only one that can make him feel nt ease nd know that he has a reason to live even if he'll die.

Then u both have to be prayerful nd hopeful in God, have faith in him, there's nothing he cannot do so long as u believe. Ur faith matters alot too nd the person with the virus.

One Love!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Akinagirl(f): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2006
Wow, this is a very hard topic and something that cannot be just answered in black and white. For me, i dont have simple answer, other than to wiegh the good and the bad. This is the utimate test to see if you really love the person. Could you leave the one you love so much that you are marrying that person, or do you stay and run the risk of contracting the disease yourself. This is something very life altering. But it is also something the two must disuss and overcome. Marriage already has its battles, so just work it out before the wedding. Again i say, tough decision!
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Fearcom(m): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2010
The question just got trickier:what if you guys had been having sex before you got to know? lipsrsealed
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by freecocoa(f): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2010
If i don't have it too(which i won't)i'll just calmly break up with him cos no guy is worth dying 4 abeg,plus i want 2 see my great grand children.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by tallgal(f): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2010
I would call it off. I can't handle that situation personally.
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2010
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by kokorunna(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
Off the wedding and investigate the matter
Re: Your Fiance/Fiancee Is HIV Positive; It's Five Days To Your Wedding by Sissy3(f): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2010
first things first, get yourself tested within few those days

(1) (Reply)

He Sent His Mum Packing / Faithful Husbands, Trusting Wives, Sign In Here. / My Wife Is Cheating On Me With A Vibrator!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.