Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,231 members, 7,957,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? (750 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2013
The Church I was invited to (sorry I can't say the name) almost dried my pocket in the name of offerings. How many times does your church ask for offerings during service?
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2013
Hi Che,

Lol!!!

The church 'almost dried your pocket'?

I am pretty sure that you were not forced to contribute...if you do not feel like donating, why not just sit tight and sing along or watch others do their thing?
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:02am On Jun 30, 2013
When will Nigerian start learning?

Im not a christian and wont support you paying any money to any fraudulent organisation called church which is in charge of our business tycoon pastorpreneurs.

If you want to give out your money, give it to the less priviledge. Go to orphanage home, widows and those beggars. Use your money to save a life not a church. Even the bible support what im saying with some verses....James 1:27; Isaiah 1:17 and 58:6-10. If the church needs money, the pastor should pray to his omnipotent God to print some cash and rain it down like manna. I dont think you will tell your baby to work for you to promote your service. You do things at your might. Let your God provide directly from people, he is entitled to provide for you or lets agree he doesn't exist.

Im not saying you should stop believing in what you believe. Or you should stop worshipping in your church. But it will be far better to reach the less priviledge than giving your multi-million pastor

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by alexleo(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
The Church I was invited to (sorry I can't say the name) almost dried my pocket in the name of offerings. How many times does your church ask for offerings during service?

You lied. Its not the church that dried your pocket rather your hypochrisy and pride did it. You want to be seen as someone who gave. Deal with this two enemies and next time you ll see yourself not giving except when you are moved by the spirit of God to give.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2013
alexleo:

You lied. Its not the church that dried your pocket rather your hypochrisy and pride did it. You want to be seen as someone who gave. Deal with this two enemies and next time you ll see yourself not giving except when you are moved by the spirit of God to give.

defending your church of Babylon .

smiley
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by manmustwac(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
At least four times the time i visited two churches in nigeria. So what the congregation usually dose is to divide the their doh into four then drop am small small
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by truthislight: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
manmustwac: At least four times the time i visited two churches in nigeria. So what the congregation usually dose is to divide the their doh into four then drop am small small

Why should the time they say is "worship time" be use to soliciting for money ?

Was that what the people went there for ?

There should be no money talk during "a time for worship", no offering.

They should keep a box by the corner and anybody that is compeled by his own heart can go to the corner and put whatever he has without distraction no announcement for such during "worship".

Why the over emphasis on money ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by nora544: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
The whole purpose of giving is to help those who are in NEED. Time and Time again I see leaders of churches living in comfort or even wealth while the church goers struggle over things such as having water or giving to their church. Its just ridiculous The whole thing's gone horribly wrong. Perhaps things would be far better if people gave food, living necessities to their religious leaders, shared their homes with them and brought wood, paint, whatever to keep their church going. Money is evil.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by alexleo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

defending your church of Babylon .

smiley

Sounding like satan.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by bizmahn: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
alexleo:

Sounding like satan.

I initially thought this frosbel fellow is an honest person that misunderstood most scripture but with his determination to pull down christians & living churches that christ purchased with his precious blood with false teachings, I can't but fully agree with you that this man is likely a full time conscious or unconscious agent of satan.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
nora544: The whole purpose of giving is to help those who are in NEED. Time and Time again I see leaders of churches living in comfort or even wealth while the church goers struggle over things such as having water or giving to their church. Its just ridiculous The whole thing's gone horribly wrong. Perhaps things would be far better if people gave food, living necessities to their religious leaders, shared their homes with them and brought wood, paint, whatever to keep their church going. Money is evil.

Spot on.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
bizmahn:

I initially thought this frosbel fellow is an honest person that misunderstood most scripture but with his determination to pull down christians & living churches that christ purchased with his precious blood with false teachings, I can't but fully agree with you that this man is likely a full time conscious or unconscious agent of satan.

Christ purchased the CHURCH with his blood , has nothing to do with man made divisive denominations.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by alexleo(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
bizmahn:

HE IS AN AGENT OF SATAN.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 01, 2013
alexleo:

HE IS AN AGENT OF SATAN.

agent of Apostolic Faith CULT .

smiley
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by alexleo(m): 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

agent of Apostolic Faith CULT .

smiley

Yes that's how you agents of satan see every christian group. To you everything is cult because you already belong to the cult of satan headed by your master satan. The sole aim of your cult is to deceive souls into eternal damnation with your false and satanic teachings. God will continue to shame and destroy your evil teachings. Amen.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2013
alexleo:

wot do u mean dat i lied? A situation were every1 is goin line-by-line wen dey called 4 offering often, i shld stay by. Mind u am a 1st timer dere.
Re: Is It Normal To Give Offerings More Than Two Times During Sunday Service? by tpia5: 3:30am On Jul 11, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
How many times does your church ask for offerings during service?

its your business why?

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv / White Garment Church / Shocking Confession- How I Beheaded 100 Men, Pounded 27 Babies & Slept With My M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.