Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival (1034 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / 12th Abuja International Film Festival Award Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
INVITATION TO ENTER YOUR FILMS AT THE 10TH ABUJA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

I wish to officially invite you to submit film entries from your company for the 10th Abuja International Film Festival scheduled for the 24th-27th September 2013 at the Silverbird Cinemas Abuja, Nigeria.

The festival will screen over 60 indigenous and foreign movies in the following genres: Short, Feature, Animation, Documentary and Experimental.

All entries must have been produced within the past 24 months and you can download the entry form from our website: www.abujafilmfestng.org or use the attached entry form.

The festival shall give awards in the following categories:

1. Best Feature Film

2. Best Short Film

3. Most Outstanding Male Act

4. Most Outstanding Female Act

5. Best Experimental Film

6. Best Animation Film

7. Best Documentary Film

8. Golden Jury Award

All entries should be submitted in DVD FORMAT. Deadline for submission of entries is July 31st, 2013.

For further enquiries you can call 08023217673, 07055773560 or 08023260448

Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 01, 2013
DVD format? That's fvcking weird!

Anyway....definitely attending the festival! grin *Dancing*
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by VillageBoi(m): 1:24am On Jul 01, 2013
speedyboi: DVD format? That's fvcking weird!

Anyway....definitely attending the festival! grin *Dancing*

Oh and DVDs are only for 'preview'... if 'selected' you have to submit a 35mm print... as if!
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Originalsly: 1:34am On Jul 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh and DVDs are only for 'preview'... if 'selected' you have to submit a 35mm print... as if!
Hmmm...I was going to ask if you not submitting my favourite short film....but asking for 35 mm is another way of telling you small guys to stand back.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by prof800(m): 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
best experimental film? That's cool.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by VillageBoi(m): 2:48am On Jul 01, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm...I was going to ask if you not submitting my favourite short film....but asking for 35 mm is another way of telling you small guys to stand back.

Teehee. As soon as you posted the thread I went to have a look. Read the DVD part; that was still ok...; then I saw it finally has to be on 35mm print... I read it twice and scratched my head... even BIG guys are not doing 35mm prints... almost everywhere is digital.

Can't be that many cinemas in any advanced country that's still showing 35mm... maybe that's why the 'festival' is asking people to send their prints to India lol
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

Ooooh I see
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by VillageBoi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
speedyboi:
Ooooh I see

Don't mind the yeye festival... even Cannes would never dare say selected films must be printed on 35mm.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

DVD is the standard for local film festivals here.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

Teehee. As soon as you posted the thread I went to have a look. Read the DVD part; that was still ok...; then I saw it finally has to be on 35mm print... I read it twice and scratched my head... even BIG guys are not doing 35mm prints... almost everywhere is digital.

Can't be that many cinemas in any advanced country that's still showing 35mm... maybe that's why the 'festival' is asking people to send their prints to India lol
Of course.
We have all gone digital.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm...I was going to ask if you not submitting my favourite short film....but asking for 35 mm is another way of telling you small guys to stand back.
Just submit your short film on DVD.
Ignore the 35mm print.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by VillageBoi(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
Orikinla:
Just submit your short film on DVD.

Ok, will do.
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

Ok, will do.

Were you at the launch of Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project?
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by VillageBoi(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
Orikinla:

Were you at the launch of Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project?

No I wasn't bro, where did that happen?
Re: Enter Your Movies For The 10th Abuja International Film Festival by Orikinla(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Opening Ceremony Programme:
Venue: Silverbird Cinemas Abuja, Date: 24th September, 2013
Screenings : 9am - 5pm
Red Carpet: 5pm -6pm
National Anthem: 6.05pm
Introduction of Dignitaries: 6.10 – 6.20pm
Welcome Address By: Festival Director :6.25 – 6.35pm
Keynote by DG SEC Ms. Aruma Otteh : 6.35 – 6.50pm
Keynote Address by Hon Min of Culture & Tourism High Chief Edem Duke: 6.50 – 7.20pm
Declaring Open the Film Festival by Hon Minister of FCT Senator Bala Mohammed CON – 7.20 – 7.30pm
Goodwill Messages: 7.30 – 7.50pm
Cutting of the 10th Anniversary CAKE: 7.50 – 8.00pm
Opening Nite Short Film: 8.00pm – 8.30pm
Vote of Thanks/Close: 8.30pm

10TH ABUJA INT'L FILM FESTIVAL - 2013 NOMINEES LIST

Best Feature Film(Foreign)
1. Storm Warriors-China,
2. Agnus Dei- Kosovo,
3. Andalusia my love-Morocco,
4. Sunnyside-Bulgaria,
5. Sujet-Canada.

Best Short Film(NIG)
1. Scandalous Mercy-Peter Thompson,
2. Paradox-Desmond Elliot,
3. Ogondah- Williis Ikedum.
4. Survival-Seun Oloketuyi.

Best Short Film(Foreign).
1.Malice&Pencils-Uk/Nig ,
2.Francois First Day- France,
3.D Dock of Destiny-Morocco,
4, Growing Up- Abu Dhabi.

Best Documentary Film.
1.D Phoenicians-Malta,
2.D Court-Germany,
3.Rolling Dollar-Nig.,
4.D Truth Be Told-Nig. ,
5.Daughters of Niger Delta- Nig.

Best Experimental Film -
1.Jand Hustle - Ehizojie Ojesebholo,
2.Dread- Agbo Kelly,
3.Patroit- Agbo Kelly,
4.I-Games- Alexandra Hull.

Best Animation Film.
1.Romance of Woodman Liu Hiu-Çhina.
2.Protect Us-Nigeria
3. Reality 2.0 - Germany.

Best Feature Film (NIG).
1. Aiyekoto- Adebayo Tijani,
2. Next President- Desmond Elliot,
3. TORN-Moses Inwang,
4. When Dreams Fall Apart-Chico Ejiro,
5. Save D Children-Magnus Edet,
6. Brothers Keeper-Ikechuchwu Onyeka,
7. Lies Men Tell- Uche Jumbo.

Outstanding Comic film :
1. The Nanny(Nig),
2. A Wish(Nig),
3. Francois First Day(France),
4. Lost on Journey(China),
5. scandalous mercy(Nig).

Outstanding Male Act.
1.Blossom Chukwujeku - Finding Mercy,
2.Desmond Elliot-Lies Men Tell.
3.Prince Ossei- Off the Hook,
4.Majid Mitchel -Brothers Keeper,
5.Chester Osagie- Mission To Mamuro,
6. Odunlade Adekola- Mufu Olosa Oko

Outstanding Female Act:.
1.Uche Jumbo-Lies Men Tell,
2.Charity Ofem- Save the Children,
3. Banke Amole- Adams-Mission To Mamuro,
4. Jackie Appiah-Off The Hook,
5. Omoni Oboli- Blue Flames.

Outstanding Film in Directing-:
1.Aiyekoto(Nig)
2.Pencils&Malice(UK/NIG)
3.Brothers Keeper(Nig)
4. Next. President(Nig)
5.Line of Sight(Jordan)
6. Storm Warriors(China).

Golden Jury Award :
1.Brothers Keeper(Nig)
2.Next President(Nig)
3.Malice&Pencils(UK)
4.Storm Warriors(China)
5.The Phoenicians(Malta)
- See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/09/10th-abuja-internatronal-film-festival.html#sthash.CL56ZBq5.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Korean Movies In 2014 / Yoruba Movie Bisola Yowon 1 & 2 / October 1 Versus Half Of A Yellow Sun...which Is More Captivating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.