Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? (2278 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by frainc(m): 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
I ve heard alot of story of some men marrying they sister-in-law once they main wife die, some blame it on tradition, while some just believe dat ist just natura, some men even go as far as saying, dat d reason of marrying d sister-in-law after they wife's death is b'cos he don't want to leave or d family are good to him,

Do u tink is right for men to marry they sister-in-law once d wife ve pass on?
Lets hear ur comment on this.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by ubliiz: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
Everything
boils down to the existing understanding btw both families and also the
condition the wife died(what led to her death). bt i dnt think its very
wise
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by vivianc(f): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Honestly, I can't say for oThers but for me its noT righT and I can't do iT.

I'm loyal To the people I love; dead or alive.

This just reminds me of when my uncle's wife died, her friends were just pushing their daughTers To my uncle To marry. These are daughTers that called her "aunty o." Even my laTe SIL's sales girl wasn't lefT ouT, she also wanTed To occupy The vacancy her madam left. I cried in pains, I was so hearTbroken by their shameful displays.

Just so we are clear, God forbid o I should get married, then die and my hubby starts di..cking my kid sister or my friend? I'm gonna kill Them both. grin grin oh yes I'm ThaT jealous, biko.

I just feel its some kinda betrayal.

Then again, this my opinion o, don't know of oThers.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by alphaconde(m): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
A man looses his wife and he is eligible to remarry, now what will the dead wife benefit if the surviving husband marries an outsider?

For me if I can love my wifes sister I would marry her.

But God will never make me be in this position.

Amen
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by andyanders: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2013
I don't even pray for my wife to die b4 me. I came to the world b4 her and never pray for that.To the subject, I feel there is nothing wrong because the understanding is that the children of the woman can be treated good by the closest family member of the deceased woman than an outsider.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by andyanders: 8:07am On Jul 02, 2013
I don't even pray for my wife to die b4 me. I came to the world b4 her and never pray for her to die b4 me cus of the children.To the subject, I feel there is nothing wrong because the understanding is that the children of the woman can be treated good by the closest family member of the deceased woman than an outsider.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by frainc(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
@VIVIANC, do ur brother-in-law finally marry any of dos ladys?
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by Tinkybabe(f): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Yes! it's absurd and ridiculous.In essence ,sister of the deceased becomes a step mum to her nieces and nephews and her children would be both cousins and siblings to ...infact it's just a complicated ish..
Apparently,it's allowed in most cultures if not all but it isn't what I would do or accept.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by rosejoele: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
i strongly believe that any man that marries the sister in law is definitely under a Curse,big time Curse.upon all the women in the Nigeria or the world or the once he knew before he married the wife,it is the sister in law that he saw to marry.what message is he sending to the deceased family?its quite obvious that the man was having an affair with the sister in law before the wife died.Think of it because nothing just happens.No man sees a lady on the street or anywhere and propose to her the same day.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by vivianc(f): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
f rain c: @VIVIANC, do ur brother-in-law finally marry any of dos ladys?

For where? Well, he did sample some of Them sha. Trust men na.......
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
vivianc: Honestly, I can't say for oThers but for me its noT righT and I can't do iT.

I'm loyal To the people I love; dead or alive.

This just reminds me of when my uncle's wife died, her friends were just pushing their daughTers To my uncle To marry. These are daughTers that called her "aunty o." Even my laTe SIL's sales girl wasn't lefT ouT, she also wanTed To occupy The vacancy her madam left. I cried in pains, I was so hearTbroken by their shameful displays.

Just so we are clear, God forbid o I should get married, then die and my hubby starts di..cking my kid sister or my friend? I'm gonna kill Them both. grin grin oh yes I'm ThaT jealous, biko.

I just feel its some kinda betrayal.

Then again, this my opinion o, don't know of oThers.

Don't be jealous o! E go kill u double! Its a free world.if on d long run,d sil will take good care of my children,I endorse.
I won't like to do so but won't stop any from doing either. Its a free world bebe.
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by vivianc(f): 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Don't be jealous o! E go kill u double! Its a free world.if on d long run,d sil will take good care of my children,I endorse.
I won't like to do so but won't stop any from doing either. Its a free world bebe.

That's for you o. For me hell no!
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by frainc(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
vivianc:

For where? Well, he did sample some of Them sha. Trust men na.......
No be all men o
Re: Is Marrying My Sister In-laws A Bad Thing? by frainc(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
alpha conde: A man looses his wife and he is eligible to remarry, now what will the dead wife benefit if the surviving husband marries an outsider?

For me if I can love my wifes sister I would marry her.

But God will never make me be in this position.

Amen
Do ur culture accept dat?

(1) (Reply)

No Sensation Pls / I Really Need Your Advice / How Did You Come To Know Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.