Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud (8932 Views)

Indian National Arrested In Lagos Over Visa Scam / Canadian Visa Fraud Suspicion. / S'African Police Invade Nigerian Embassy Over Visa Refusal To South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by dotcomnamename: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
Prophet Owolere Odunuga of the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC), Ibeshe District, Ikorodu, who was arrested for alleged visa fraud, has been remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria.

He allegedly confessed that he used part of the money to pay his tithe, used some to pay his house rent and invested the rest in his church.

At the Ejigbo Magistrate’s Court where he was arraigned, he also told the court that immigration officials at the airport collected N60,000 per passport to stamp a fake Visa for him.

Odunuga was arrested after he allegedly defrauded a housewife, Mrs xxxxxxxx, of N752,000 under the false pretence of procuring United States of America Visa for her.

Odunuga said he worked as travel agent before he received a call from God to start his own church.

He admitted that the Dubai and South Africa Visas stamped on Mrs. xxxxx ’s passport were not genuine and that they were stamped at the airport by immigration officials whom he paid the money.

Odunuga was arrested by the police when he was lured to come and collect another money for procurement of a Visa for the victim.

According to xxxx, he knew Odunuga when they were living together at Ikorodu.

She said she approached him for Visa so that she will join her husband in USA.

She said she paid part of the N752,000 into his account and gave the rest as cash to him. Mrs. xxxx, victim

Mrs. xxxxx, victim

Mrs. xxxx narrated that trouble started when he took her to South African Embassy in Lagos and she was denied Visa.

She alleged that he went and stamped the passport with fake Visa stamp and gave it to her to go to the embassy to apply for Visa.

She said when she wanted to travel with the Visa again, it was discovered that the stamp on the passport was fake.

Mrs xxxxx then went to the police to report the matter and he was arrested and taken to the station where he allegedly confessed.

When he was arraigned before Ejigbo Magistrate’s court for obtaining and stealing under the Criminal Code, he pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mr P. E. Nwaka granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum. Odunuga was remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri till he fulfills his hail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 31 July, 2013.

Source: http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/prophet-sent-to-jail-over-visa-fraud/

Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 02, 2013
Almighty God will bail him out.....and increase his profits double fold
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
WELL DAYUMMMM. I HOPE HE FORESAW HIS INCARCERATION grin
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Enegod(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Kzinne: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
stop calling God's name in vain
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Olucheye(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
All this god of men nawa for them o..

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by ayswagga5: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
fake prophet
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by liloelawwal(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
U see ur self,u ar praying 4 a criminal.
May be u ar a member of his church
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by chei: 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
As long he paid his tithe, God will set him free. Somebody shout Halleluyah!!
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
are you sure you are not the custom officer that stamped the documents because this your prayer get as e be .
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Jimohlawal(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by sunny63(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hmm!!!God knws everyting,I can nt call him a fake prophet 4 nw
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by DisGuy: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
he pleaded not guilty

At the Ejigbo Magistrate’s Court where he was arraigned, he also told the court that immigration officials at the airport collected N60,000 per passport to stamp a fake Visa for him.

the police wont be charging them to court?
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Skywalker5(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
quote:

She said she approached him for Visa so that she will join her husband in USA.

So is her husband a dunce in USA that he does not know how to bring his wife into the USA legally?wont be surprised if he was also sending the money to her
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by supaeagles(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
How is he even a "prophet"?? Or can I tomorrow claim I am a prophet too
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by AreaBoy: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
I knw diz man. We use 2 smoke igbo 2geda back den. How cum God call am... undecided no God flash am he no call am lipsrsealed
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pastor don hammer himself into kirikiri
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by dridowu: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Evryday is 4 d thief , one day is d owner
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by AbuMikey(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
See as he face be like Criminal own sef!! grin
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by HonKontigi: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Scandals galore. Hmmmmm.Which christian priest do we trust?
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by kokoye(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
ayswagga5: fake prophet

Dumb church member..

This goes a long way to show how the husband entered yankee.

what a way to spend almost a million naira. Imagine the business they could have started with that kind of money while hoping to obtain legit travel documents.

stupid couple.
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
4bobo:
are you sure you are not the custom officer that stamped the documents because this your prayer get as e be .
He was being sarcastic. Get the gist wink
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by ifedun2: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
#750,000 for Visa?Say wetin happen?That woman is a.......i dont want to mention it.Haba.
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by everyday: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
All these so called men of God in Nigeria are all rogues
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by Paschal007: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
'Prophet Owolere Odunuga'

Na dem grin
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by mankand(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
Olucheye: All this god of men nawa for them o..

And gullible people will still fall for this conartist. Na wah....
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by COOLDUN: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is it only the cash ? i hope he did not also bang her from behind while bathing her naked in the bush for visa favour. Because these Cele pastors are fond of bathing people's wives in the bush.

Ewu American visa agent. But that woman is Ode buruku for ever believing that this hungry looking man, who is very ready to do stroway to even Pakistan would get her an American visa. Nigerians and their gullibility, otherwise how can an naked man promise you a cloth and you believe him. Can someone give what he doesn't have?

The Oga madam husband at the top in America, please try to check your wife's abuna well before you enter there again o, because this man i am looking at in the picture cannot be HIV NEGATIVE wallai. My own humble opinion.
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by devour129: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Paschal007: 'Prophet Owolere Odunuga'

Na dem grin
na dem dem
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by emekatimsu(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Does it mean that the yankee husband can'nt process legit travel documents for hs wife. Or else if there marriage is internet marriage bt even at dt sef d man for cm bk naija and wed hs wife so that procuring visa will be made easy.
If fr say dt kind money enter my hand for ds critical period eeh......
Re: Prophet Jailed Over Visa Fraud by emekatimsu(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Paschal007: 'Prophet Owolere Odunuga'

Na dem grin

Mgbati Mgbati dey like 419 money pass Ewedu soup but they are still a learner in the game despite many years of prratice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think I Lose My Bargaining Skill / Any Unskilled Work In Canada? / 14 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.