Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,201 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? (811 Views)

Pls I Want To Create A Php Site, Help Pls / Wapmasters Learn How To Create A Php Site Through Xhtml / Create Your Mobile Php Site Within 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by sage2(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2008
Hey, Guys! I ve just been commissioned to do a php site for a stock broking firm. I submitted my model to the coy and fell in love with it and had since ask me to come up with my charges. I know how much i can charge them to earn some cool money but i want to be competative not only in my works but also in my pricing. I want NAIRALANDERS to pls give me a sneak preview into what is been charged in the industry e.g. MIN, AVG and MAX. Pls, this is urgent!
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by kazey(m): 3:05am On May 16, 2008
dang seriously? Goodness gracious
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by Afam(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2008
If you continue to focus on what others do to arrive at a competitive pricing you will never get it right.

Skills, experiences and quality of work all contribute to what you charge.

After all we have seen poorly designed websites that were very expensive just as we have some good websites that cost very little to develop, so there is no rigid pattern to follow here.

As long as what you charge is enough to take care of all expenses and a decent profit you are home and dry.

Remember this, regardless of any advice you may receive, ultimately, you are responsible for any actions you take.

Good luck.
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by webcrawlla(m): 10:08am On May 16, 2008
There are so many factor responsible for price determination. First, you look at ALL the costs you'll incure to complete the job. Also you look at the size and the capabilities of your client, because in any business there are three classes of clients; the small, the big and the high networth clients.

Am sure you wont charge Zenith Bank the same fees you'll charge a Micro Finance for the same job. wink wink wink
But then, you must be realistic with your charges.

Whatever you decide to charge, make sure your expenses are taken care of, even if your profit is not too much, I can assure you that your profile as increased and that will play a role in ypur next job.

I wish you the best.
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by sage2(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2008
To Afam and Webcrawler, I say a million and one thanks to your professional and candid advice. I will surely call on you to review the site when i am done. once again, i thank you guys in no small measure.
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by quadrillio(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2008
If its not too late to add I will like to tel you that is all about your skills and the weight of what they want,

I will also advice you to look at the client before you charge, that is very important.
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by yawatide(f): 8:29pm On May 28, 2008
there is no industry charge. you set what you feel is right. if the client balks, you reduce and vice versa. Also, according to the law of economics, the higher the demand, the higher the price. As you get more popular and more and more people demand your time, it is only natural that your prices would go up as a result.

Good luck.
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by SamMilla1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 01, 2008
Ask them to give you 20million Dollars.
You deserve it bro.
Just call me when the deal is sealed and i will do the job for you for just a thousand bucks,
Dollars though.
grin
Re: What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2008
yes, i love that joke, come to think of it, I will recommend you calculate all the cost of delivering the job first, duration is another thing, the longer you feel it will take, the more.

another thing is ur client, is he trying to raise his head up or he's got it good already

then add profit

Now if the total is say, 100 naira, call it 150 naira, so ur client feels he's good at negotiation and everyone's happy.

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Dating Site / Dispassionate Review Of Website / 10 Tips For Webmasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.