Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Dispassionate Review Of Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dispassionate Review Of Website (782 Views)

[HELP] Which Type Of Website Do I Create, That Brings Money? / What Type Of Website Do You Really Want? / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dispassionate Review Of Website by AbidemiA: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2008
Hello,

The following website is due for release on 20/09/2008, kindly help review before moving it from test to live server.

www.overcomers.adten.net

Thank you in advance.
Re: Dispassionate Review Of Website by yawatide(f): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2008
Overall layout is good, in my opinion. Observations:

1) y must i log in to lv feedback? How will you get me to give the church money? Same applies to "ask pastor" and perhaps other forms on site.

2) no form on "contact us" page

3) Flash images look grainy. In fact, looking at the first image to scroll by, that of the pastor, if u look closely, it's as if his eyes are blinking. Seriously. Also, y move a body without any of the body parts moving?

That's it for me
Re: Dispassionate Review Of Website by AbidemiA: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Yawatide,

Thanks for your review, my reason for implementing user authentication for all the forms is that I do not want data to be supplied to any of them by auto script. But after reading your review, I realised that I have largely ignored usability for security. I will replace the login enforcement on most of the forms with CAPTCHA before go live.
Re: Dispassionate Review Of Website by SamMilla1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2008
nice layout and colour combi.
meanwhile work on the scroll bye pastor, like yawa said.
and try changing the menu bar clour to something father fom the back groundcolour.

weldone, 8/10
Re: Dispassionate Review Of Website by olush0la(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nice work.
-The whole scrolling pastor thing, kill it.
-You didn't need to use flash for loading the images (Consider using animated gif, they load faster)
-I like the colour, but I feel you could have combined other colours to boost the overall appearance.
-The background hides the effort you have put into this job (do sumthing about it).
-Is that a marquee? Dude!
-In my own opinion, the church' logo is too big, so's the Header.

Overall, nice concept,

(1) (Reply)

Give It Up For Google Maps, I Can View My House At Ijesha / Free Domain Name / 26 Adsense Ready Blogs And 6 Clickbank Video Tutorials For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.