Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer (1601 Views)

Sandra Okagbue Shares Baby Pics Of Flavour & Their Daughter To Show Resemblance / Yul Edochie Sends Daughter To Secondary School (photos) / Lola Omotayo-Okoye Loses Employee To Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 03, 2013
Pierce Brosnan has suffered another tremendous personal loss. His 41-year-old daughter, Charlotte, has died after a three-year battle against ovarian cancer ― the same disease that caused the death of her mother.

"On June 28 at 2 p.m., my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer," the 60-year-old Irish actor and one-time James Bond star said in a statement to omg!. "She was surrounded by her husband Alex, children Isabella, [15], and Lucas, [8], and brothers Christopher and Sean.

"Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity," the statement continued. "Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences."

Charlotte, who appeared in a handful of movies and TV shows, lived in London with her family.

Her death mirrors another tragic loss in the Brosnan family. In 1991, the actor's first wife and Charlotte's mother, Australian actress Cassandra Harris, died of ovarian cancer at the age of 39. (Charlotte and her brother Chris, who were from Harris's first marriage, were adopted by Brosnan after their father died in 1986.)

Harris's own mother died of the disease as well.

Generations of women being plagued with the same disease brings to mind Angelina Jolie's recent headline-making news that she underwent a preventative double mastectomy after discovering she carried the faulty BRCA1 gene, which increased her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer, the latter of which killed her mother, Marcheline Betrand. Jolie's maternal grandmother also had ovarian cancer.

The 38-year-old, who is engaged to Brad Pitt, plans to have another operation to remove her ovaries.

SOURCE
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by greatgod2012(f): 4:41am On Jul 03, 2013
Does that mean ovarian cancer is hereditary

Chai!, may God have mercy on us.

May God comfort the great actor o and may the dead rest in peace.
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 03, 2013
May her soul rest in peace. What a sad loss for the family.
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by mikuz(m): 4:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Sh1t!! It's going to get me!!
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by LordReed(m): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2013
So sad 3 generations cut down just like that. May she RIP and may cancer be vanquished soon.
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by angelTI(f): 8:48am On Jul 03, 2013
RIP to James Bond's daughter.
Take heart boss!
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by jidewin(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by DonaldGenes(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaa May her Soul R.I.P
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by philfearon(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hmmmm...Na wa o!! 007,kpele!!
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by demelza: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Wow! From the grandmother to the mother and down to her. Im sure her daughter will also be placed on cancer watch.
If this were to be Nigeria, they would have termed it generational witchcraft with one pastor asking you to drop money for deliverance session.
Ignorance kills.
RIP
Re: Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter To Cancer by dominique(f): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
For a minute there, I thought he had lost another daughter within the space of a few months, then I checked the date the thread was created. May god comfort those she left behind

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Knowles' Father Mathew Gets Married In Texas / Chris Brown- My Lambo Just Got A Nike Paint Job!. *and I Say,'dat's Dope' Check / Iyanyas Look Alike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.