Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

New Driver's License......a Blessing Or A Curse..? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Driver's License......a Blessing Or A Curse..? (810 Views)

As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / New Plate Number And Driver's License / FRSC: New Driver License to cost N6k & New Vehicle Number Plate Cost N15k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Driver's License......a Blessing Or A Curse..? by chemvic: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Its been 2 weeks now that i had submitted an online application for the renewal of my driver's license, all payment to the effect of the issuance of a valid license has been made. The payment had been acknowledged as successful and another printout has been acquired to its effect. The Driving Test at the VIO office had been conducted and i passed, then there arose the gridlock of CAPTURING.....On getting to the FRSC office....Ilorin Office(Kwara State Command), i was told point blank that there is NO CAPTURING for now....and that its over a month since they last captured an applicant and they don't know when next they will start the process again. The system of Online Application can in a way be fashioned to include the Image Capturing aspect of the licensing this will save the time of processing. A stone throw to the FRSC office, i met a VIO officer who claimed its over 2 months the printing Ink of the FRSC coloured printer got exhausted, and that since then the Capturing and Printing of New Driver's License had been suspended indefinately. The Men in Black with guns has seen this loophole in the license renewal/ issuance and are feeding heavily on it as a vulture feeds on carcass. I had to argue my way through when i was flagged down by the men in black on my way back from work yesterday, i showed them the lump of papers i now have as license renewal processing documents, one of the laughed out and said "When license turn to 4 papers?" Its indeed a shame that such a laudable idea of newness became problem to the populace and rose the question of What was wrong with the Former? Unfortunately once you indicate the capturing office of interest, you can't get captured anywhere else. These are my experience as regards the New Driver's License.....Fellow Nairalanders...Fellow Nigerians..What are your views about this New Driver's LIcense, What is the situation in your State ......

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice About 2001 Kia Spectra / Will "Danfo" Face Extinction From Lagos Road? / Lost, Found And Waiting For The Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.