Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

How To Detect Quality Garri - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Detect Quality Garri (1309 Views)

Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / The Price Of Garri / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2013
Detecting quality Garri has become a daunting task as many fake products now flood the market. One easy test to know one is when trying to make Eba...I discovered this recent, the Garri refuse to sink-in the steaming hot water Imagine oo, I have to use the stick to flog the garri to take its rightful place in the water..while rushing and "smash" some more garri to fill up the water. na battle. But we used to sprinkle the garri and watch it set before now.. abi I don loose my Eba making skills?
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2013
I quess this market women have discovered a short cut of adding bulking materials to our garri!...Like they now ground and fry some edible wood with this powerful delicacy...this was my first time of preparing Eba in many years and knew immediately that something was wrong with the garri...abi na me don loose form...abeg ladies in the house more light to this garri wahala
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by Beetwo(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2013
are you a learner? go bak to skool and learn how to make eba jaree grin
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 7:26am On Jul 03, 2013
Beetwo: are you a learner? go bak to skool and learn how to make eba jaree grin
E be like say you no know wetin I dey talk! the garri dey float...No be Egba garri! You for at least read my post and understand it before commenting!..or may be you were born during the floating era...we used to have garri dat sinks in those days when making Eba.
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by passionate88: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2013
Beetwo: are you a learner? go bak to skool and learn how to make eba jaree grin
@op, e dey happen sometimes like dat, some garri need very hot water sm no too need hot water. Bt where u get ds idea say dm dey mix am wit wood?, nd why u no dey chow garri for like many years?.
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by bigt2(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2013
splashbaby: E be like say you no know wetin I dey talk! the garri dey float...No be Egba garri! You for at least read my post and understand it before commenting!..or may be you were born during the floating era...we used to have garri dat sinks in those days when making Eba.
grin dude knows the floating point of g4 grin
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2013
passionate88: @op, e dey happen sometimes like dat, some garri need very hot water sm no too need hot water. Bt where u get ds idea say dm dey mix am wit wood?, nd why u no dey chow garri for like many years?.
I examined the garri and saw many wood like fibre...may be you examine yours carefully. I dey chew garri ooo na the very first time I will be preparing it for a long time!
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by passionate88: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
splashbaby: I examined the garri and saw many wood like fibre...may be you examine yours carefully. I dey chew garri ooo na the very first time I will be preparing it for a long time!
na white garri?.
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by CrazyMan(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
splashbaby: Detecting quality Garri has become a daunting task as many fake products now flood the market. One easy test to know one is when trying to make Eba...I discovered this recent, the Garri refuse to sink-in the steaming hot water Imagine oo, I have to use the stick to flog the garri to take its rightful place in the water..while rushing and "smash" some more garri to fill up the water. na battle. But we used to sprinkle the garri and watch it set before now.. abi I don loose my Eba making skills?
Try putting the garri first into a bowl before pouring hot water into it…and I can assure you that you wouldn't experience this regardless of the quality of the garri.
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 6:08am On Jul 04, 2013
passionate88: na white garri?.
Na white!
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 6:11am On Jul 04, 2013
CrazyMan:
Try putting the garri first into a bowl before pouring hot water into it…and I can assure you that you wouldn't experience this regardless of the quality of the garri.
Meeen see experience! I will try it and report back...thanks for the valueable advice
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by splashbaby(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2013
CrazyMan:
O'lboy you be genius for this garri thing...I tried it and it worked perfectly...You are a don dude!

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Detect Quality Garri by ehiblessing(f): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
It was as a result of the cassava been processed d same day, meaning both d harvesting and fyring of d garri was done just in a day becos its suppose to stay a day b4 frying, just incase u notice ur garri like this when next you are making d eba when your water is already boiled add little cold water to it b4 putting d garri u will sure c d difference

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Ur Nafdac Products Registered With Nafdac Accredited Consultant / What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Delicacy? / Video: Man Eats Uncooked Spaghetti With Coca Cola (coke)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.