Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. (21079 Views)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Do My Msc In Nigerian Uni / Which Science Course Can Someone Apply For With D7 In Chemistry / Is Management An Art Or Science ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by NobleIcon: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2013
Hi my brothers and sisters. My sister had D7 in Mathematics in her waec result, but did very well in other subjects. She is an art student aspiring to study public admin or political science, but the poor grade in maths have made her willing to accept any course. Will she be admitted in any uni or poly without being screened out? Thanks.
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by NobleIcon: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2013
Waiting 4 ur response
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by xreal2(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Try courses like law, performing arts, history, english, linguistics, religious studies,
A pass in maths will do for above courses public admin and pol science are bussiness and social sciences related courses and they require a C in maths

1 Like

Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by NobleIcon: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
x-real:
Try courses like law, performing arts, history, english, linguistics, religious studies,
A pass in maths will do for above courses public admin and pol science are bussiness and social sciences related courses and they require a C in maths
hope the person wil not be screened out @the process?
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by xreal2(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
All the above courses require atleast a pass in maths. Am a 400level student of history I have d7 in maths been through series of screening
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by NobleIcon: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
x-real:
All the above courses require atleast a pass in maths. Am a 400level student of history I have d7 in maths been through series of screening
which school is dat pls?
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
If she can study law, some institutions require at least a d7...

I had a d7 in maths and am a law student studying at Ambrose alli university.

Overall I think the jamb brochure should be helpful in informing a choice as to institutuons and courses she could opt for.
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by NobleIcon: 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Donpuzo: If she can study law, some institutions require at least a d7...

I had a d7 in maths and am a law student studying at Ambrose alli university.

Overall I think the jamb brochure should be helpful in informing a choice as to institutuons and courses she could opt for.

thanks dear. But what if she goes in the education field, will she be allowed to study education and political science?
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by Hystevo: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
I had D7 in Maths in my Waec result and did well in all other subjects can I be admitted to study political Science in TASUED?
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by Emmaesty(f): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2015
Hystevo:
I had D7 in Maths in my Waec result and did well in all other subjects can I be admitted to study political Science in TASUED?
Political science needs Maths. Choose another course like English education, social studies education, Guidance and counselling, e.t.c
Re: Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. by Calsito: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
She is safe, since she is an Art student, some schools accept at least a pass in mathematics for courses in Arts. Even OAU accepts pass in mathematics for courses in Art and law, provided that such a one has at least 5 credits in the following subjects: English language; Literature-in-English; Government; CRK/IRK; Yoruba/ Igbo/ Hausa. I know people who gained entry into law in Ife even with E8 in mathematics.
However, she may miss out on some scholarships and maybe later employment opportunities. So she can continue her educational pursuit and then strive to sit for another SSCE later when she feels she has the time to work on her weakness in mathematics.

(1) (Reply)

Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / Car Operator Returns N888,000, Passport To Passenger At Lagos Airport / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.