Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede (17812 Views)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Alibaba’s Wife Appointed MD Of Enterprise Bank / Intercontinental Becomes A Subsidiary Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
cecegorz:
Someone described success as when preparation meets with opportunity.
These guys and their generation of young Bank Entrepreneurs with courage and strong vision; Jim, fola, Tony, Peterside etc where fortunate to be around during the IBB era liberalization of banking license, with the requisite skills and mindset, coupled with the trust of some well heeled men of those days, they blazed the trail in their early 30s.
Just like industrialization, everything has it's era. The much you can do in banking these days as a high flyer is to hit GM @30 if you are well networked. You can't even think of a bank as a start-up today. Where do you enter from? N25b?

I'm not aware of any GM at 30. Except Ladi Balogun, Bella Adenuga whose fathers owned the banks and handed ED almsot straight from school.

Rising through the ranks, it's almost impossible to become a GM at 30 today. I heard one young lady is a GM at Zenith, but I'm sure she is 30+.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
Afrilogistics: If we should trace the venture capitalists that put money in banks like Access, STB, GTB and the likes,it would lead you straight to CORRUPT politicians and retired military men. Go back to how things were in Nigeria when these banks were floated.
I would like to see a young man perform such feat now (2013) in Nigeria. How on earth could Elumelu's STB buy UBA ?.

I hate mindsets like these.

So it is not possible to be successful in Nigeria except you're fronting for one corrupt politician?

If Mark Zuckerberg were a Nigerian, maybe people would have said he was fronting for someone.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Chinom(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

I hate mindsets like these.

So it is not possible to be successful in Nigeria except you're fronting for one corrupt politician?

If Mark Zuckerberg were a Nigerian, maybe people would have said he was fronting for someone.

You would be naive if you actually believed that these banks became huge from deposits made by market women, Vulcanizers and civil servants. These banks were set up in the most corrupt era our nation has ever known.
Don't even bring in Mark Zuckerberg here. Besides, we have our own mark in Seun.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
Chinom:

You would be naive if you actually believed that these banks became huge from deposits made by market women, Vulcanizers and civil servants. These banks were set up in the most corrupt era our nation has ever known.
Don't even bring in Mark Zuckerberg here. Besides, we have our own mark in Seun.

So what you are saying is, banks can never become huge from deposits from "market women, Vulcanizers and civil servants", but through corrupt people?

In any case, no bank in the world becomes huge becomes huge through only deposits from these folks. State governments and big corporations cannot keep their monies in their wardrobes, they have to take it to banks. Wooing government to make them deposit in your bank is part of the banking business all over the world. It is not a crime to woo government to save money in your bank.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Wiseoldman: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Lord knows....if i live to be ** age. I would change the world.

I know the men that built America #AndrewCarnagie #Vanderblit #Rockerfeller #JpMorgan

Who built Nigeria #Dangote .........?
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Chinom(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

So what you are saying is, banks can never become huge from deposits from "market women, Vulcanizers and civil servants", but through corrupt people?

In any case, no bank in the world becomes huge becomes huge through only deposits from these folks. State governments and big corporations cannot keep their monies in their wardrobes, they have to take it to banks. Wooing government to make them deposit in your bank is part of the banking business all over the world. It is not a crime to woo government to save money in your bank.

In NIgeria, they don't woo. They collude... Like somebody rightly pointed out, it will be very difficult to try that hustle now. Where you see N25billion ?!!. Yes, Dangote and a few others can, but not a fresh graduate from Havard, Cambridge or Nsukka.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Were Jim, fola, tony, tayo, fola, wigwe and peterside the smartest young Nigerians of that era? What about their contemporaries?

When I still be BO after 8 years of banking . . .
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Chinom(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
.....besides if you bring in N25billion now, you will have to explain to Sanusi where the money came from. Back in the days when these banks were set up, you don't have to explain nothing to nobody.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by ajanaku2(m): 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
yuzedo: Duh! no suprises cool

Anyway Herbert is my bois. I know all of him and his broda + sistas. congrat my boy i always new u will maked me proud das why i neva gave up on u cos i new one day u gonna be MD. wink

is time to celebrate. my bois are doin well. i will call his bro Don Waggy dis nite tho his in abroad. i will cross d fashala tollgate brige to sellybrate wit dem in lekky face 1 smiley

And 11 Gbefs think this is funny!
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by cecegorz(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

I'm not aware of any GM at 30. Except Ladi Balogun, Bella Adenuga whose fathers owned the banks and handed ED almsot straight from school.

Rising through the ranks, it's almost impossible to become a GM at 30 today. I heard one young lady is a GM at Zenith, but I'm sure she is 30+.
Hehehe. I was actually been conservative with 30. The one I know was GM at 28! Infact, you even know the person who made it happen. You can PM me if you need details. But then, such feats are even still rare these days.
The next industry you guys should watch out for to produce very young CEOs is Mobile money. Sharp and coded henchmen had already cornered the operating licenses. It's still incubating, but check it out in the next decade.
Meanwhile, if Seun turns the corner by taking NL from being a hobby to serious business before he hits 35,
he could get it listed and become the young CEO of a multi-million bucks company.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
cecegorz:
Hehehe. I was actually been conservative with 30. The one I know was GM at 28! Infact, you even know the person who made it happen. You can PM me if you need details. But then, such feats are even still rare these days.
The next industry you guys should watch out for to produce very young CEOs is Mobile money. Sharp and coded henchmen had already cornered the operating licenses. It's still incubating, but check it out in the next decade.
Meanwhile, if Seun turns the corner by taking NL from being a hobby to serious business before he hits 35,
he could get it listed and become the young CEO of a multi-million bucks company.

Interesting. PM me on jarushub@gmail.com and let me update my knowledge on the 'news behind the news' of Naija's banking industry.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Chinom: .....besides if you bring in N25billion now, you will have to explain to Sanusi where the money came from. Back in the days when these banks were set up, you don't have to explain nothing to nobody.

With 100m, you can start a bank in 1989. But 100m of then is billions today.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

I guess you're talking about Adaora Umeoji. She should be close to 40 now. . .I heard she became a GM in her very early 30s. Bringing in Rivers State's billions (under Odili), Julius Berger's billions, and serving as Jim Ovia's in-house mistress. Next thing, a UNIJOS sociology graduate moves rapidly from a mere entry-level marketing staff to a GM within 5 years, and to Director within a decade. Well, so the story goes.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by kolexy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

Interesting. PM me on jarushub@gmail.com and let me update my knowledge on the 'news behind the news' of Naija's banking industry.

Amebo
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
Afrilogistics: If we should trace the venture capitalists that put money in banks like Access, STB, GTB and the likes,it would lead you straight to CORRUPT politicians and retired military men. Go back to how things were in Nigeria when these banks were floated.
I would like to see a young man perform such feat now (2013) in Nigeria. How on earth could Elumelu's STB buy UBA ?.

True talk. It is important to 'think positive' about entrepreneurship and rapid success, but we should not deceive ourselves. The truth is that, in Nigeria, the feat achieved by Aig and co can hardly happen without loads of underhand and illicit practices. Most of the young turks that struck oil (literally and figuratively) during that golden age were direct or indirect beneficiaries of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Maxwell86(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
yuzedo: Duh! no suprises cool

Anyway Herbert is my bois. I know all of him and his broda + sistas. congrat my boy i always new u will maked me proud das why i neva gave up on u cos i new one day u gonna be MD. wink

is time to celebrate. my bois are doin well. i will call his bro Don Waggy dis nite tho his in abroad. i will cross d fashala tollgate brige to sellybrate wit dem in lekky face 1 smiley

bro, give this unfunny swag a rest....... it aint funny tbh.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Puvguy: 1:55am On Jul 05, 2013
pro01:
I guess you're talking about Adaora Umeoji. She should be close to 40 now. . .I heard she became a GM in her very early 30s. Bringing in Rivers State's billions (under Odili), Julius Berger's billions, and serving as Jim Ovia's in-house mistress. Next thing, a UNIJOS sociology graduate moves rapidly from a mere entry-level marketing staff to a GM within 5 years, and to Director within a decade. Well, so the story goes.

It is now official - you are a mafia.

Although CBN refused to ratify her promotion to Executive Director. Within the bank, she's a Director in charge of Northern/Abuja Zone but not recognize by CBN as a board member.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by mbulela: 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Ikwerre anu meka oh! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!!

Nleri ya nma! Oyoyo!!

Tup! Oooooohhhhh!!!

As one wise Ikwerre man dey read booookoooo so that e go be Access Bank CEO...two unwise ones, Amaechi and Wike dey kill themselves...

Herbert, I love your credentials...

Meanwhile is Herbert the son of Ikechi Henry Wigwe, as in the Rivers NRC Guber aspirant those days?
me sef need to find out as one of that man son na my man those days.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by mbulela: 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
cecegorz:
you are spot on there.
Even some of them have VCs pouring millions of dollars into their ventures. Very coded boys. no too much noise. one of them i know is almost 'ungoogleable'.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by phazotron(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
the situation of things in the banking sector in this present time means that there is less probability of achieving what dem jim ovia and elumelu and peterside did. times have changed. where u wan see 25billion naira? and besides its going to be difficult to source for accounts and make profit because the banking industry is over saturated. and besidews the poor state of the country and the economy discourages quick rise of a person thru the ranks of any company to become ceo. if u wanna become a ceo and a billionaire real quick via business, forget banking and aviation. those two are no go areas. instead, you should consider:

IT(software development/e commerce)
agro allied/food processing
politics.

my 50 cents!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Firms To Shut Down In 2021 - Manufacturers Association Of Nigeria (MAN) / Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina / What Can You Buy With #5 At Your Location?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.