Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Javascript LRC Parser - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Javascript LRC Parser (2513 Views)

Html Parser For Google Adsense And Others / C# Csv Parser / Dhtml Quiz: How Will You Detect If A Browser Support Javascript From Php Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript LRC Parser by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
I wrote a LRC parser for JavaScript though its still not complete. as for what are LRC ?

LRC is a computer file format that synchronizes song lyrics with an audio file, such as MP3, Vorbis or MIDI. When an audio file is played with certain music players on a computer or on modern digital audio players, the song lyrics are displayed. The lyrics file generally has the same name as the audio file, with a different filename extension. For example, song.mp3 and song.lrc. The LRC format is text-based and similar to subtitle files.

Am thinking of creating a media player with HTML5 and have the lyrics animate up and down just like the equivalent in Minilyrics, i won't mind contributions as usual. this is the link so far

https://github.com/dojoVader/LRC/
Re: Javascript LRC Parser by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Wow!!

Am building a music site where music can be listened to online & also a different section for lyrics. But i think i'll put them all together with this. cheesy

Waiting for the Media Player tho..
Re: Javascript LRC Parser by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Judinho59: Wow!!

Am building a music site where music can be listened to online & also a different section for lyrics. But i think i'll put them all together with this. cheesy

Waiting for the Media Player tho..

I am not building from scratch but using Dojox.av(Audio/Video) to create the player and extend, actually its a tutorial i want to send to them to put in their demo site. but sure i don't mind give some days.
Re: Javascript LRC Parser by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
The Concept is this,whenever the track songs moves it triggers a callback function so the function gets the time and checks the LRC so the lyrics between a time and the next lyrics, it gets the "tween" in between and uses that value as the time it will use to show before the next lyrics comes up, and the Lyrics will be fetched from LRC API if such exists and that's just it. its meant to be a challenge for me.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Empowerment Training (web) / Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google / Free Blogger Template Needed [gurumasters, Help A Fellow Blogger]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.