Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site (14040 Views)

Cherubim & Seraphim Prophet With Human Skulls Arrested In Ilorin / 16 Human Skulls Found In Kidnappers & Native-doctors ‘Warehouse In Delta / Plateau Leader Arrested With 5 Skulls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by valicious1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
A dumpsite has been discovered near Aba, Abia State, where over 20 human skulls and decomposing bodies, including those of school children were found. The site, which was a horror to behold was located, at about kilometre 15 on the Aba/Azumini Highway at an area called “No man’s land” after Akpaa village in Obingwa Local Government of the state.

The discovery followed the arrest of four policemen attached to the Federal Highway Patrol unit of the Nigeria Police, Aba Section, who allegedly killed a 26-year-old man in Aba.

The policemen led by their officer-in-charge, Hyginus Omeze, who were ordered to be detained by the Area Commander for Aba, Rabiu Dayi were alleged to have murdered one Onyekachi Chukwu, 26 and dumped his body at the site.

Daily Sun gathered that on Sunday June 23 Onyekachi, who hailed from Ahaba Imenyi in Isuikwuato Local Government and lived at No. 47 Ukaegbu Road, went out with his friends to drink in a hotel located on Ekenna Avenue. After spending the day, Onyekachi was said to have decided to pass the night in the house of one of his friends residing also in Ogbor hill.

According to a source, as he made to knock at the gate, the policemen came from nowhere and after beating him, got him arrested. The cops, who were said to have refused all pleas by people residing in the neighbourhood, arrested Onyekachi together with the gate man of the friend’s house and the caretaker and took them to a hotel on Opobo Road, Ogbor hill, which also served as their base.

On getting to the hotel, Daily Sun learnt the policemen left the other two men behind in the hotel and took Onyekachi out in their Toyota Prado SUV and drove towards Azumini. After about one hour, the policemen were said to have come back to the hotel without the young man.

On getting back to the hotel, the policemen took the men they earlier left behind and took them back to where they were earlier arrested and ordered the occupants of the house to wash their vehicle and contribute money for them to replace the bullets, which they claimed they had wasted and the people complied without knowing what the policemen did.

The bubble, however, busted when the relations of Onyekachi, after days of searching for him without success made formal complaint to the police, who swung into action immediately and traced their colleagues, who allegedly committed the dastardly acts to the hotel, where four of them were arrested.

According to Uchechi Chukwu, an elder brother to the deceased, who believed the young man was killed for rituals, going by the way his body was dismembered; it was through the effort of the area commander that the policemen were arrested.

Then the arrested policemen, who were said to have admitted to the crime, took their colleagues to the borrow-pit along the Aba/Azumini Highway, where they dumped the dismembered body of Onyekachi. When Daily Sun visited the borrow-pit at “no man’s land,” where Onyekachi’s body was buried in a shallow grave, the site was a horror to behold, as several human skulls and decomposing bodies, including that of school children.

Also found in the place included a piece of iron zinc which surroundings were splattered with blood and believed to been where Onyekachi was slaughtered and his vital organs removed, according to his relations.

There was equally a human organ believed to be a bladder left on the ground, where the slain man’s body was found and also hand gloves believed to have been worn by those who murdered the man. When contacted on phone, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abia Command, Geoffrey Ogbonna, while confirming the incident, denied that the young man was killed for ritual purposes.

SOURCE: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/shock-as-police-recover-20-skulls-at-aba-dump-site/
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
Love of money
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by madnesscom(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
why is Aba always on the news for EVIL?

1 Like

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by valicious1(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
madness.com:
why is Aba always on the news for EVIL?
maybe not ALWAYS
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Abagworo(m): 1:00am On Jul 05, 2013
Policemen in Nigeria do not undergo regular psychological test and screening. I wonder how many souls have been lost to trigger happy policemen. The Ezu river bodies come to mind. RIP to the innocent.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by naijathings(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2013
hidden post everywhere... wetin happen?

I wonder what human life was like before the existence of money.
see how common paper, paper, has made humans to eat each other up.
anything is a blessing as long as money came with it.
we live in a society where money is more important than a human being.
in a society where the major reason why we go to school is to get money.
money is attached to almost every action and motive.

e taya me ohh.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by greall1: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2013
human skulls are planted in Aba site.

1 Like

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by fitzmayowa: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Why always aba Anyway since ego is involved anything can happen...SMH

2 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by bellaberry: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2013
why always aba? Baby factory, aba. human skulls aba....hABA!

1 Like

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Devil self is tired by the evils of Men. So sad R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by johnstar(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2013
greall1: human skulls are planted in Aba site.
same qstn I ws abt askn. Me self dey 1der o,,, choi, 'em don use dm do rituals... Evil men
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Pataki: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2013
Twenty human lives unaccounted for. Such a shame.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by pistol: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2013
Scary news emanating out from this country eh,
God we dey for ur hand o.
Deliver us your children from the evil plans of the enemy and his cohorts.
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by MrMcJay(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2013
Federal character MOD, I see ya hand o!
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by ichommy(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2013
Pataki: Twenty human lives unaccounted for. Such a shame.
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Lordave: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2013
The infamous borrow pit was bakassi boys waste bin.
Not suprised anyway.
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by lightheart(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2013
nuff said!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by pbling: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2013
d cops dont nid trial jst execute dem or is it acidental killin,gosh wat is hapenin in our land?evry takes law in2 dere hands,i weep 4 d boi parent.r.i.p bro
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by rodriogo: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2013
ehia bu akaoro okija juju angryehia bu akaoro okija juju
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by specialguest(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2013
Police is not your friend. I repeat police is NOT your friend!

4 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by kennysbst(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2013
we heard dem!we take the lead in anytin we do,expecially money biz grin
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2013
All the illiterate posting comments above didn't read the report. Olodos, for your info,the bodies were dumped by policemen not the Aba people. Afam and his fellow MODS aren't doing anything about those misleading comments above. SMH

5 Likes

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by ucheokpara100(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2013
my question is what is that believe igbo have tht is making thm wnt to get money at all cost, then lets us discourage it and tins 'll be betta, and u poor people stop worshipin people tht has money lik all and all, jst take thm lik ordinary people so tht it wount be a do or die to get money.
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by Lordave: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2013
uche okpara 100: my question is what is that believe igbo have tht is making thm wnt to get money at all cost, then lets us discourage it and tins 'll be betta, and u poor people stop worshipin people tht has money lik all and all, jst take thm lik ordinary people so tht it wount be a do or die to get money.
what is this? mehn...you are on something. You fit still type in Igbo lang.
Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by madanne4real: 10:20am On Jul 05, 2013
I am deeply saddened by this atrocious act by the policemen.It is clearly a case of man's inhumanity to man. I tried to picture the way and manner he was killed but my thought process failed me because i can't imagine the agony and pain of the ordeal he went through.

1 Like

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2013
few weeks ago, virgin hunters abducted school pupils from around Akwa Ibom. Could this be the dumpsite?

1 Like

Re: 20 Skulls Discovered At Aba Dump Site by kingthreat(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2013
South-East of Nigeria, HQ base of kidnappers and ritualists. Lord have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns 14 Foreign Nationals Over Illegal Oil Dealing / 3 Goat Thieves Arrested In Yenagoa / Offa Robbery: 21 AK-47 Rifles Stolen From Armoury — Witness (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.