Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? (849 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) / Was Jesus Married And Did He Fake His Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
There are verses in the bible that always make me wonder his manners " no disrespect"

In John 2:15

And when he had made a whip of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16And said to them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise
ouch poor fellas sad

His anger part

There were other instances where Jesus showed anger or sternness. He “sternly charged” the leper whom he had healed not to tell anyone about it (Mark 1:43) because he foresaw the problems of being pursued by a huge crowd of thoughtless people who were interested only in seeing miracles and not in his teaching. But the leper disobeyed and so made things very hard for Jesus.

And again

Finally, at Lazarus’ grave Jesus showed not just sympathy and deep distress for the mourners (John 11:33-35), but also a sense of angry outrage at the monstrosity of death in God’s world. This is the meaning of “deeply moved” in John 11:38.

In the quoted verse, he acted like a Nigerian leader with power drunk. " no offense bro Jee"

They were only selling legal merchandise not drugs. That was their means of survival. As son of God, te preacher of love, peace and compassion, I expected him to handle situation like that christianmatically " forgive my grammar"

So please my dear Christian brother's what do y'all think about his action? Any justification for it? Was he a Nigerian/African?

Hi mods, first time on nairaland I'm gonna ask for homepage. Please kindly transport this topic to homepage smiley

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 06, 2013
My thought exactly
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by onila(f): 9:56am On Jul 06, 2013
undecided
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2013
his telling the leper not to tell more people that he healed him, also shows that he was a fraud.

he probably didnt want many people to be flocking towards him and find out his trickery.

also if he made mistakes in front of many common folk, that would be an end to his career.
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
"Jesus" was a human being.
And like all humans he felt emotions which include both love, anger and then some.
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
his telling the leper not to tell more people that he healed him, also shows that he was a fraud.

he probably didnt want many people to be flocking towards him and find out his trickery.

also if he made mistakes in front of many common folk, that would be an end to his career.

LOL! grin
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by alfaman1: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:
"Jesus" was a human being.
And like all humans he felt emotions which include both love, anger and then some.

And did he also feel the emotion of libido like all humans? What did he do? Masturbate or get it on with a disciple?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
alfaman1:

And did he also feel the emotion of libido like all humans? [s]What did he do? Masturbate or get it on with a disciple?[/s]

no doubt.
people need to stop painting this picture like jesus was some super holified monk. tongue
the same bible that attempted to paint this image clearly slayed itself as this thread proves.
but its just common sense that he was a man and like all men he had all types of feelings and urges.
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by alfaman1: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:

no doubt.
people need to stop painting this picture like jesus was some super holified monk. tongue
the same bible that attempted to paint this image clearly slayed itself as this thread proves.
but its just common sense that he was a man and like all men he had all types of feelings and urges.

But what did he do about these urges? Don't tell me he prayed them away because that would be unhuman.
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
alfaman1:

But what did he do about these urges? Don't tell me he prayed them away because that would be unhuman.

you expect me to explain how and when jesus beat his OWN meat?

foh man. grin
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:

you expect me to explain how and when jesus beat his OWN meat?

foh man. grin

Damn religion gone R rated smh cheesy
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2013
are u Christian/Catholic?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: are u Christian/Catholic?

Anglican family but I go to First United Methodist. Why?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Mikechinos(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
REALITY101: There are verses in the bible that always make me wonder his manners " no disrespect"

In John 2:15

ouch poor fellas sad

His anger part

And again

In the quoted verse, he acted like a Nigerian leader with power drunk. " no offense bro Jee"

They were only selling legal merchandise not drugs. That was their means of survival. As son of God, te preacher of love, peace and compassion, I expected him to handle situation like that christianmatically " forgive my grammar"

So please my dear Christian brother's what do y'all think about his action? Any justification for it? Was he a Nigerian/African?

Hi mods, first time on nairaland I'm gonna ask for homepage. Please kindly transport this topic to homepage smiley

sometimes I wonder what u gain from all these critics. U are here criticising ur lord and saviour while others are receiving him guy its better for u to repent and accept jesus he is our saviour and our lord believe it or not at d last day had I know will be ur portion
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mike chinos: sometimes I wonder what u gain from all these critics. U are here criticising ur lord and saviour while others are receiving him guy its better for u to repent and accept jesus he is our saviour and our lord believe it or not at d last day had I know will be ur portion

saviour from what

and what right does this Jew have to "LORD" over us free-born Tribesmen?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mike chinos: sometimes I wonder what u gain from all these critics. U are here criticising ur lord and saviour while others are receiving him guy its better for u to repent and accept jesus he is our saviour and our lord believe it or not at d last day had I know will be ur portion

Get your rabbit looking head out of your asss. I'm only asking a question here.
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
REALITY101:

Anglican family but I go to First United Methodist. Why?
jst asking. Anyway I don't really know what they teach u about Jesus in your congregation but I think as a Christian u should know Jesus is the best leader. also on Earth jesus was human , God made him human to feel the pain of humans and b closer to them, understand their struggle, sufferings etc etc ., so its only normal for him to have emotions, to b angry etc etc .
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
I hope u didn't ask if he was a catholic cuz u think we see Jesus as violent or we r violent cuz that's a big lie,talk of humility like Jesus,talk of catholics 1st . In all we do,our mode of worship and life style depicts and outrightly spells d word PEACE and HUMILITY!even a muslim or pagan will tell u that. And u who may not b catholic but other denomination knw d truth in ur hrt! Peace!!
CAMEROONPRIDE: are u Christian/Catholic?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
peppy luv: I hope u didn't ask if he was a catholic cuz u think we see Jesus as violent or we r violent cuz that's a big lie,talk of humility like Jesus,talk of catholics 1st . In all we do,our mode of worship and life style depicts and outrightly spells d word PEACE and HUMILITY!even a muslim or pagan will tell u that. And u who may not b catholic but other denomination knw d truth in ur hrt! Peace!!
i'm former Catholic, so don't worry , I know what you are talking about. . I asked because I knew @ 99% that the question couldn't come from a Catholic(no offense) . As far i'm concerned protestants are the dumbest religious worshipers I have ever seen , not only they try to disrespect the teachings of the Religion that gave birth to them , but they are not making any sense in their disrespect . How can you(protestant) say you love Jesus and disrespect his mum(Mary) calling her worthless and all the blah blah . Can u marry a woman/man who tells u that he pees on your father/mother ?

protestants are lost that's why they worship their pastors . their teachings are empty
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Katier00(f): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
Are catholics nt christians?
Re: Was Jesus Violent And Inconsiderate? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Katier00 :
Are catholics nt christians?
No , u are the one who created that term to use us as your shield. your preaching/teachings has nothing to do with Catholicism, it is a crime to put Catholic and Protestants together . you don't recognize the authority of the pope, disrespect Mary etc etc . Catholics are Catholics. they always refer to themselves as Catholic

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus Cursed The Fig-tree / Can You Do This? / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.