Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos (11867 Views)

Girl Runs Over Ex-boyfriend's Mum To 'win Him Back' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by ganase2: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2013
In Lasgidi, yours truly has learnt that in the event of bus scarcity, "tushness" will simply get one nowhere. I have always hated stampedes or physical struggles of whatever kind, but I have also realized that without summoning enough courage to join the teeming crowd of people that fight tooth and nail to get into the few approaching buses, I probably will never be punctual to work and other appointments.

And really, I have schemed the situations at Lagos bus-stops and from my experience, have now put together these systematic tips to make you smarten up and get on the bus the next time there is a crowd at the bus stop, while still maintaining your dignity…so, let’s share!

· Decide on how important the outing is. Is it a family gathering or get together? Are you going to work or from work? Of course, this will help you to determine how desperate you are to get a bus and how much you are willing to part with to get the next bus.

· If it applies to you, put a call through to a superior that you might be late. It is better to surprise him and turn up early than to be late with late notification or none at all. It just goes to show how responsible you are and how much you value time. Of course, this will work for you if don’t make lateness a habit.
· Is it a rainy day, this will limit the kind of struggle you will want to engage in. Don’t stand in front of a pool of water…you sure do not want to get to work soiled.
· Don’t leave your phone in your pocket or back pack. Hold it firmly in your hand or better still, in a bag that is tightly secured and visible to your sight even as you struggle. Tidy up yourself…MP3 players, ear pieces, envelopes etc. are not bus-struggle friendly.
· Now as a bus approaches, target where the bus is most likely to come to a halt and wait for it there. Don’t jump into a moving bus, especially if you are a lady.
· It’s a struggle and not a fight. Don’t give elbows and knuckles as free gifts just to enter the bus.
· The conductor of the bus might say “ko lo o…” meaning literarily, “the bus is not going”. Dear brancher, do get on the bus first and then listen to the conductor after! (The usual case is that when the bus gets filled up with people, the driver changes his mind and then conveys the passengers to their destination. If not, you can easily alight from the bus with no harm done to anyone!). The same rule applies when you can’t hear where the bus is going and you are really desperate. Get on the bus first and ask later…funny, isn’t it?
· Enter the bus with your entire body first and then your legs (not the other way round). Stretch your body to amass space for yourself first, and then enter with your legs. This way, you do not face the danger of an accident if the bus gets to move while you’re still struggling since your legs are still out.
· Don’t enter in through the boot or window; it is not smartness but “razzness”.
· Give special consideration to pregnant women and nursing mothers. You can be nice enough to alight for them to come in if you are not in a hurry.
· Never give up if you don’t make it after the struggle, still stand very close to the bus. Chances are that some two people may be found lapping, making it necessary for an extra passenger to enter the bus…or someone would be alighting because of the usually exorbitant fare called by the conductor.
So reader...until you get your own ride, be smart and good luck in that next bus struggle…!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/winning-a-bus-struggle.html

Twitter @tutubranch

23 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2013
grin cheesy
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by JackBaueress(f): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2013
jackbauersballs: grin cheesy
angry tongue
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by PointB: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2013
It’s a struggle and not a fight. Don’t give elbows and knuckles as free gifts just to enter the bus.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice one op.

Indeed Lagos na wa! grin grin
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Enegod(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2013
Nice Piece Of
Shiit

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by bellaberry: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2013
lol. I'm sure lagosians will find this useful. Nice tips.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by yuzedo: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2013
Huh? Poeple still enters moluwe bus in dis 21th centurry?? we give uppp!! undecided

5 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by illicit(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2013
DONT CARRY BAGGAGE AND LUGGAGE, BE FREE AND SMART AS POSSIBLE

1 Like

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by josiahriches(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2013
thats y many dont want to stay there. Wellwork poster n moderator for fp.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by osdayoola(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2013
If everybody in lagos follow this rule.The struggle will still go on
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by nikaShow(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Now that's some pretty good tips there,
Op, U must be a pro !
But Lagos is working, let's hope very soon , Transportation about would be smoother and easier.
I believe in Nigeria !
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by fitzmayowa: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2013
I dey laff ooo

1 Like

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Wilfredng: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2013
illicit: DONT CARRY BAGGAGES AND LUGGAGES, BE FREE AND SMART AS POSSIBLE
Q.E.D!

1 Like

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by osdayoola(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? Poeple still enters moluwe bus in dis 21th centurry?? we give uppp!! undecided
like u are nt trying to board 1 now. Tushness

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by dridowu: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2013
Lasgidi , really interesting when struggling 4 buses .
E go beta my brodas and sisters wey dy alwas struggle 4 bus
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2013
and if the crowd is much,look out,and go through a window opening...just watch for all those rusted,sharp part of the bus not to damage ur joystick.

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by ucheokpara100(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2013
chei nigeria is a mess, 100percent mess!, here in south africa, u must be in a straight line no matter wat, first come first to enter, evenif it didnt enter u, u must understnd.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by yuzedo: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2013
osdayoola: like u are nt trying to board 1 now. Tushness
correcktion!!!!! angry i drive a big jip color pink wit white tinted glass. maybe if u walk had one day u can be like me. wink tenk. cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by kakakibuy(m): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2013
Enter the bus with your entire body first and then your legs (not the other way round). Stretch your body to amass space for yourself first, and then enter with your legs. This way, you do not face the danger of an accident if the bus gets to move while you’re still struggling since your legs are still out.

I concur with this part. wink Good one op.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2013
If you can't get a bus just trek
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Jarus(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2013
eko for show grin
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by UjSizzle(f): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2013
Dress smart! Ladies keep those heels in your bag if u dnt want to lose an ankle.

The best angle to board from is always the side of d bus esp when a lot of people are trying to get in with massive shoulders. Try wriggling in through your side from an angle....always works wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by intentional(f): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2013
Nice one @op. Lmao
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2013
What happened to queuing!!! grin grin grin Back then in Unilag, we used to queue for buses.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2013
rubbish
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by sarutobi: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2013
Since i get limcolm nafigato jheep. i dont need this grin
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by IAMBREEZY: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2013
:DLol
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Rockcalvary(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2013
Very nice post OP. Very important tips. I think it should be made into flyers and put in MMA2 and even on-board flights and buses coming into lagos as orientation for the JJCs.

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by Mckayzee(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2013
Damn funny....that ikeja ehn..especially when its raining..if you dey form porsh,you could spend like four hours at the bus stop i tell ya.
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by collynzo2(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2013
Poor man mentality. Get a car and live for work early. Sufferman!
Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by ITbomb(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2013
Lagos Bus Struggle be like

6 Likes

Re: How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos by oiseworld: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2013
confirm talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weird Car Sounds And Their Meanings / Mazda MPV Problems: Car Won't Accelerate Beyond 60km/hr At Half-tank / Six Ways To Preserve The Resale Value Of Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.