Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? (2337 Views)

Lady Poses For Picture In Deep Flood (Edo State) / Why Do Africans Call Black Americans And Black Caribbeans Akatas / Top Five Important Lifetime Skills That Many Nigerians Lack/Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
I have noticed this in Lagos. I am not a tribalist, so I don't understand.

Can someone explain?
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by dasparrow: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99: I have noticed this in Lagos. I am not a tribalist, so I don't understand.

Can someone explain?

There are Akatas in Lagos? Since when?

Anyways, if you have ever lived in USA for an extended period of time, you won't be here asking this question. I don't think that I have encountered a set of Negros that are so hateful and bigoted in my life like the Akatas. They make living in USA a frustrating experience especially after one has to deal with racism from the whites and then serious hatred and beef from them the Akatas.

Their hatred for black Africans is second to none. Many of them equally resent black people from other parts of the world living in USA as well. Akatas are quick to cry foul when they are discriminated against by the whites but they will turn around and do even worse to a black immigrant living in their country. They also never admit that they are wrong and most of them cannot be trusted because they will stab you at the back at the slightest opportunity they get. They join their white counterparts in asking condescending questions about Africa, look down on us and laugh at our culture, our way of speaking (accent), and think that everyone in Africa is poverty stricken.

Akatas at first did not even support Obama when he initially ran for the position of president of the USA in his first term all because Obama does not have Akata blood flowing in him. It was only after it became clear to them that Obama might win the election did they now support him. Many black immigrants living in the USA from the Caribbean, Africa, and South America do not like Akatas because of the way they have been harshly treated by them. Most Akatas are also very rude and aggressive in addition to being very discriminatory.

Akatas should realize that what you sow is what you reap. They think they can treat black Africans/immigrants living in USA like shyte and then be given the royal treatment when they find themselves in foreign lands? No, no, no. It does not happen that way. What goes around certainly comes around. Lastly, I leave you with a recent quote from a bellanaija.com commenter by the name of Sarah Adebayo. The quote to an extent summarizes how Akatas feel about black Africans. Please pay attention to the bolded part of her comment:

Sarah Adebayo July 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

"I still don’t undertstand why some African Artists are so stupid trying so hard to Americanize their names ! That is so stupid, I do love so much my Nigerian names!!! and heritage.. African Americans don’t care much about us! do you see them going to Africa for vacations or trying to be Africans They don’t give a damn about the African heritage or culture, because according to them, Africa brings them shame, disease, poverty, corruption… We are always trying to be like them: Dress like them, talk like them, do our hair like them and now trying to call ourselves like them.. .That is so stupiiiiid!! and ridiculous.. I am so proud of my Nigerian and African heritage… I am so Proud… I am so proud to be an African and I am so respected by my coworkers, friends, colleagues even when I have to lead meetings in dangerous Nepal, or Kabul… Stay yourself.. be yourself, be African."

Comment taken from: http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/07/05/zaina-moeazy-maria-okanrende-sean-tizzle-justina-koch-okoye-more-at-loudnproud-live-series-june-show-in-lagos-photos/

So Bob, now you know where the deep hatred for Akatas is coming from.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 1:05am On Jul 06, 2013
if only nigeria were much more developed, there wouldnt be so much animosity since fewer nigerians would look for greener pastures outside.

just vacation, tourism, and thats it.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:25am On Jul 06, 2013
dasparrow:

There are Akatas in Lagos? Since when?

Anyways, if you have ever lived in USA for an extended period of time, you won't be here asking this question. I don't think that I have encountered a set of Negros that are so hateful and bigoted in my life like the Akatas. They make living in USA a frustrating experience especially after one has to deal with racism from the whites and then serious hatred and beef from them the Akatas.

Their hatred for black Africans is second to none. Many of them equally resent black people from other parts of the world living in USA as well. Akatas are quick to cry foul when they are discriminated against by the whites but they will turn around and do even worse to a black immigrant living in their country. They also never admit that they are wrong and most of them cannot be trusted because they will stab you at the back at the slightest opportunity they get. They join their white counterparts in asking condescending questions about Africa, look down on us and laugh at our culture, our way of speaking (accent), and think that everyone in Africa is poverty stricken.

Akatas at first did not even support Obama when he initially ran for the position of president of the USA in his first term all because Obama does not have Akata blood flowing in him. It was only after it became clear to them that Obama might win the election did they now support him. Many black immigrants living in the USA from the Caribbean, Africa, and South America do not like Akatas because of the way they have been harshly treated by them. Most Akatas are also very rude and aggressive in addition to being very discriminatory.

Akatas should realize that what you sow is what you reap. They think they can treat black Africans/immigrants living in USA like shyte and then be given the royal treatment when they find themselves in foreign lands? No, no, no. It does not happen that way. What goes around certainly comes around. Lastly, I leave you with a recent quote from a bellanaija.com commenter by the name of Sarah Adebayo. The quote to an extent summarizes how Akatas feel about black Africans. Please pay attention to the bolded part of her comment:

Sarah Adebayo July 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

"I still don’t undertstand why some African Artists are so stupid trying so hard to Americanize their names ! That is so stupid, I do love so much my Nigerian names!!! and heritage.. African Americans don’t care much about us! do you see them going to Africa for vacations or trying to be Africans They don’t give a damn about the African heritage or culture, because according to them, Africa brings them shame, disease, poverty, corruption… We are always trying to be like them: Dress like them, talk like them, do our hair like them and now trying to call ourselves like them.. .That is so stupiiiiid!! and ridiculous.. I am so proud of my Nigerian and African heritage… I am so Proud… I am so proud to be an African and I am so respected by my coworkers, friends, colleagues even when I have to lead meetings in dangerous Nepal, or Kabul… Stay yourself.. be yourself, be African."

Comment taken from: http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/07/05/zaina-moeazy-maria-okanrende-sean-tizzle-justina-koch-okoye-more-at-loudnproud-live-series-june-show-in-lagos-photos/

So Bob, now you know where the deep hatred for Akatas is coming from.

I lived in the US for some years. I didn't experience any of the things you mentioned, which is why it is so shocking to see the hate directed at akatas in Naija.

There are a lot of akatas in Nigeria. I know a few personally. In my professional experience, akatas that work for American multinationals try to transfer to an African division of their company if the opportunity presents itself. Most of the akatas I know work with GE, building hospitals right here in Naija. I am going to visit two friends from the US this weekend. They are married, with a small child, and just moved to Abuja. Their company sent them here to identify investment opportunities.

The people I know are very educated and had an unrealistic view of Africa before they came, but not in a negative way. They all thought Africans would welcome them like long lost family. They didn't expect how different it would be to be the majority race. We don't really care about being black in Naija, but being black plays a large role in daily life in America. They think once they come to Africa, they will finally be accepted, only to find out that everyone still views them as foreigners. WE know that they have more in common with oyibo Americans than they will ever have with us, but they expect to relate with us just based on skin color. I lived in Ghana for a while too, and always felt sad at how emotional akatas were when they saw the slave castles. Fully adult men would be crying, and women would be on the floor wailing like someone stabbed them. If you have ever been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC, and seen all the Jewish people crying, you will understand.

Unfortunately, everyone in America thinks Africa is poor. Which is sad, but is not based out of hatred. Americans think every country is poor. In college, all the immigrants (from China, Latin America, Eastern Europe, etc) would get asked dumb questions. Chinese kids had the hardest time from what I saw. Americans think Asians are smart and hardworking, but they also think that Chinese people don't have normal human emotions. They get treated badly and get made fun of a lot, especially if they wear glasses. Americans think most people in China are slaves with no rights and that their parents were all peasant farmers. I remember riding in a cab with an American, a Chinese, and a Finn. The American was "explaining" that Chinese and Finnish education is inferior to American education, and that because of their superior education, Americans would always be smarter. There was a big fight in that car!

Anyway, our experiences have been different, so I can't say who is right or wrong. I do think that we should work on understanding our foreign cousins better though. I don't think they mean any harm when they ask if we live in trees. grin Africa is portrayed as poor in the American press, and let's be honest, in comparison to the richest country, we ARE poor. Turn on the TV, or go outside, and all the ads in the US have starving African children in them. I used to hate those commercials! We should do what Ghana does, and encourage akatas to come back to Nigeria and invest. Many of them don't know how much opportunity is here. It's better for Nigerians if akatas are getting rich in Africa, instead of oyibo colonizers and the Chinese. The akatas will never betray us.

Let's all try to be friendly towards eachother! grin
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:31am On Jul 06, 2013
tpia@:
if only nigeria were much more developed, there wouldnt be so much animosity since fewer nigerians would look for greener pastures outside.

The akatas I know that vacationed in Africa get treated so bad.

I was in a hotel in Calabar, and the workers were rushing to help all the non-black guests. Of course, they treated the African guests a little worse (we all have experienced this sad). HOWEVER! If you opened your mouth and had an American accent, the people in the hotel would get nasty!

Stories have been told to me about Nigerians cheating Akatas in business deals, just out of hatred for them. I have been in rooms, where everyone will smile in the akatas face while they are present, but as soon as they walk outside the door everyone starts yabbing them. If they think they can get away with it, some will even switch to Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, etc and yab them while they are still in the room.

It just seems unnecessary, and I honestly don't understand it. Especially since we don't treat white, asian, and arab Americans like that.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 3:18am On Jul 06, 2013
lets understand there is no saint and no sinner here, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. undecided

we do not need more nigeria designated terrorists to further damage the country's image.

people should give it a rest. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by dasparrow: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I lived in the US for some years. I didn't experience any of the things you mentioned, which is why it is so shocking to see the hate directed at akatas in Naija.

There are a lot of akatas in Nigeria. I know a few personally. In my professional experience, akatas that work for American multinationals try to transfer to an African division of their company if the opportunity presents itself. Most of the akatas I know work with GE, building hospitals right here in Naija. I am going to visit two friends from the US this weekend. They are married, with a small child, and just moved to Abuja. Their company sent them here to identify investment opportunities.

The people I know are very educated and had an unrealistic view of Africa before they came, but not in a negative way. They all thought Africans would welcome them like long lost family. They didn't expect how different it would be to be the majority race. We don't really care about being black in Naija, but being black plays a large role in daily life in America. They think once they come to Africa, they will finally be accepted, only to find out that everyone still views them as foreigners. WE know that they have more in common with oyibo Americans than they will ever have with us, but they expect to relate with us just based on skin color. I lived in Ghana for a while too, and always felt sad at how emotional akatas were when they saw the slave castles. Fully adult men would be crying, and women would be on the floor wailing like someone stabbed them. If you have ever been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC, and seen all the Jewish people crying, you will understand.

Unfortunately, everyone in America thinks Africa is poor. Which is sad, but is not based out of hatred. Americans think every country is poor. In college, all the immigrants (from China, Latin America, Eastern Europe, etc) would get asked dumb questions. Chinese kids had the hardest time from what I saw. Americans think Asians are smart and hardworking, but they also think that Chinese people don't have normal human emotions. They get treated badly and get made fun of a lot, especially if they wear glasses. Americans think most people in China are slaves with no rights and that their parents were all peasant farmers. I remember riding in a cab with an American, a Chinese, and a Finn. The American was "explaining" that Chinese and Finnish education is inferior to American education, and that because of their superior education, Americans would always be smarter. There was a big fight in that car!

Anyway, our experiences have been different, so I can't say who is right or wrong. I do think that we should work on understanding our foreign cousins better though. I don't think they mean any harm when they ask if we live in trees. grin Africa is portrayed as poor in the American press, and let's be honest, in comparison to the richest country, we ARE poor. Turn on the TV, or go outside, and all the ads in the US have starving African children in them. I used to hate those commercials! We should do what Ghana does, and encourage akatas to come back to Nigeria and invest. Many of them don't know how much opportunity is here. It's better for Nigerians if akatas are getting rich in Africa, instead of oyibo colonizers and the Chinese. The akatas will never betray us.

Let's all try to be friendly towards eachother! grin

I don't know how long you resided in the States but you are lucky if your experience with Akatas have been pleasant. I have lived in the USA for over 13 years though I am in Nigeria at the moment serving (NYSC things). Most black immigrants living in America have had a crappy experience with Akatas, you are just an exception that your experience with them has been pleasant. I attended college and worked in New York City and I worked in Las Vegas as well and the Akatas in these cities are bigoted as hell. I remember many years back, my roommate from the Dominican Republic who is black was telling me how Akatas made life at her job miserable. Things got so bad, she had to quit the job.

I was still residing in my birth country in western Europe when some friends of mine who were actually from St Lucia, Kenya and Mali respectively warned me about Akatas when I told them of my plans of moving to the USA. These friends of mine only visited the USA as tourists and had crappy experiences with Akatas. When I got to USA, I was initially living in Brooklyn, in a black neighborhood. Akatas were aggressive and hostile towards me for no apparent reason except for the fact that I am an African.

I was listening to a Jamaican radio station and the radio presenter was talking about the beef going on between the Caribbean and Akata communities because a Jamaican woman won a seat in the government in California and started receiving death threats from disgruntled Akatas because the person she campaigned against was an Akata.

I am happy for you that your experience with Akatas was/is pleasant but I insist that your case is an exception. Most Africans living in USA have been called all sorts of names including 'monkeys', 'fvcking Africans' and 'booty scratchers' by Akatas and treated like crap. You are welcome to lobby their cause on Nairaland all you want but that will not change the reality of things on ground for those of us who were victims of Akatas' uncalled for hostility and constant aggression.

I will be lying to you if I tell you that I will sincerely treat Akatas with lots of love and hospitality should I run into them here in Nigeria. I am not very good at pretense and if I don't like you, then it shows in the way I will treat you. I am not a fan of Akatas and I will never be. I am so happy to be far away from them at the moment and I hope never to run into any of them while serving here in Abuja. If most of them truly see Africans as their distant cousins, then they won't treat many of us with so much scorn and hostility in their home country. I leave you with a quote from a bellanaija commenter who moved back to Nigeria after 10 years in the USA. Please pay attention to the bolded part of her comment:

new bride April 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

"I moved to the US right after high school and lived there for 10years. THose 10years were the best and worst of my life! I was permanently homesick, the weather made me physically sick, the discrimination (from white americans and african americans) made me emotionally sick and I just never felt like I belonged there. Despite all of these I enjoyed growing up away from home and discovering my true self, I made friends and bonded with my cousins who were in the same situation as me.

I moved back in 2006 and to be honest, I don’t regret it AT ALL!!! While I enjoyed the luxuries of western living, I was also quick to realize that as a black, non-american woman, it would have been really difficult for me to advance in my career (advertising). that’s the main reason I moved back. I have a fantastic job and advancing very well in my career.

Occassionally I miss the living in the States, especially the food (i’m a junk food die hard), TV shows, summer concerts and shopping. My remedy is to visit once a year on holiday, so in those 3 weeks, I shop till I drop, eat till i almost burst and have as much fun as I can. I also travel to the States quite often for work, but it’s never like my holidays.

I know some people who will never move back home, but to each his own! I’m doing me, so do you!"

Comment taken from: http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/04/24/living-abroad-what-do-you-think-about-nigeria/
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by dasparrow: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2013
tpia@:

Precisely!
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
dasparrow:

I don't know how long you resided in the States but you are lucky if your experience with Akatas have been pleasant. I have lived in the USA for over 13 years though I am in Nigeria at the moment serving (NYSC things). Most black immigrants living in America have had a crappy experience with Akatas, you are just an exception that your experience with them has been pleasant. I attended college and worked in New York City and I worked in Las Vegas as well and the Akatas in these cities are bigoted as hell. I remember many years back, my roommate from the Dominican Republic who is black was telling me how Akatas made life at her job miserable. Things got so bad, she had to quit the job.

I was still residing in my birth country in western Europe when some friends of mine who were actually from St Lucia, Kenya and Mali respectively warned me about Akatas when I told them of my plans of moving to the USA. These friends of mine only visited the USA as tourists and had crappy experiences with Akatas. When I got to USA, I was initially living in Brooklyn, in a black neighborhood. Akatas were aggressive and hostile towards me for no apparent reason except for the fact that I am an African.

I was listening to a Jamaican radio station and the radio presenter was talking about the beef going on between the Caribbean and Akata communities because a Jamaican woman won a seat in the government in California and started receiving death threats from disgruntled Akatas because the person she campaigned against was an Akata.

I am happy for you that your experience with Akatas was/is pleasant but I insist that your case is an exception. Most Africans living in USA have been called all sorts of names including 'monkeys', 'fvcking Africans' and 'booty scratchers' by Akatas and treated like crap. You are welcome to lobby their cause on Nairaland all you want but that will not change the reality of things on ground for those of us who were victims of Akatas' uncalled for hostility and constant aggression.

I will be lying to you if I tell you that I will sincerely treat Akatas with lots of love and hospitality should I run into them here in Nigeria. I am not very good at pretense and if I don't like you, then it shows in the way I will treat you. I am not a fan of Akatas and I will never be. I am so happy to be far away from them at the moment and I hope never to run into any of them while serving here in Abuja. If most of them truly see Africans as their distant cousins, then they won't treat many of us with so much scorn and hostility in their home country. I leave you with a quote from a bellanaija commenter who moved back to Nigeria after 10 years in the USA.

lol @ the bold.
this is why this so called "black race" is a fail.

and truth be told there was hatred within the race before there was a such thing as an African American. that is how slavery was able to happen let's not front...their excuse though is ignorance and not being well traveled.

africans are not exempt from hatred we see it with tribalism that happens all over nl.

and its parallel to the separation in the west with AA vs. Caribbean

bloods vs crip.
west side verses east side...its just all wrong.

its a sickness that we still deal with today. that is why more and more I am not digging grouping us all as one anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
dasparrow:

I will be lying to you if I tell you that I will sincerely treat Akatas with lots of love and hospitality should I run into them here in Nigeria. I am not very good at pretense and if I don't like you, then it shows in the way I will treat you. I am not a fan of Akatas and I will never be. I am so happy to be far away from them at the moment and I hope never to run into any of them while serving here in Abuja. If most of them truly see Africans as their distant cousins, then they won't treat many of us with so much scorn and hostility in their home country. I leave you with a quote from a bellanaija commenter who moved back to Nigeria after 10 years in the USA. Please pay attention to the bolded part of her comment:

new bride April 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

"I moved to the US right after high school and lived there for 10years. THose 10years were the best and worst of my life! I was permanently homesick, the weather made me physically sick, the discrimination (from white americans and african americans) made me emotionally sick and I just never felt like I belonged there. Despite all of these I enjoyed growing up away from home and discovering my true self, I made friends and bonded with my cousins who were in the same situation as me.

I moved back in 2006 and to be honest, I don’t regret it AT ALL!!! While I enjoyed the luxuries of western living, I was also quick to realize that as a black, non-american woman, it would have been really difficult for me to advance in my career (advertising). that’s the main reason I moved back. I have a fantastic job and advancing very well in my career.

Occassionally I miss the living in the States, especially the food (i’m a junk food die hard), TV shows, summer concerts and shopping. My remedy is to visit once a year on holiday, so in those 3 weeks, I shop till I drop, eat till i almost burst and have as much fun as I can. I also travel to the States quite often for work, but it’s never like my holidays.

I know some people who will never move back home, but to each his own! I’m doing me, so do you!"

Comment taken from: http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/04/24/living-abroad-what-do-you-think-about-nigeria/

You sound like you have a personal problem with some specific akatas. Take your anger out on whoever those individuals are, and stop spreading lies about people you have never met.

Honestly, I think you are lying, or you just don't know how to make friends.
What makes me think this, is that some of the things you have posted are just complete lies, or your own fantasy. For example, black Americans supported Obama for his entire candidacy. You can look his primary election results and see the akata turnout. That was a bad lie. Anyway, the Akatas deep support for Obama is actually proof that they are NOT discriminatory towards Africans.

I lived in New York, also in a black neighborhood, and there are soooo many people from all over the world there. Nobody cares if you are not American in New York. Walk down any street and you will find people speaking different languages, and people from all over the world. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I have noticed something while traveling. Some immigrants travel to foreign countries and try to avoid interacting with their hosts. They stay in their own groups and never talk to anyone else. Like the Chinese in Lagos that never learn a Nigerian language because they only interact with other Chinese. Were you like this? It is easy to think everyone dislikes you when you don't talk to them.

This brings me back to what I have noticed in Naija. Akatas that are very nice are treated badly for no reason at all. I think there is some deep hatred and jealousy we have for other blacks that is unhealthy. Even when we see black British people, that might be descended from Jamaicans, we think they are Nigerians that are faking their accent. Then we treat them badly, because we "feel" that they are looking down on us by pretending to be British.

The akatas I have met have been very happy to interact with Nigerians, only to be treated badly for no reason. I have never seen this happen in the US. The only people that tell stories of being disliked are usually people who spend their time trying to prove that they are 'better' than akatas. That is wrong. Nobody likes insecure people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 2:49am On Jul 07, 2013
if you need a serious discussion, drop the moonshine.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by Kslib(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

You sound like you have a personal problem with some specific akatas. Take your anger out on whoever those individuals are, and stop spreading lies about people you have never met.

Honestly, I think you are lying, or you just don't know how to make friends.
What makes me think this, is that some of the things you have posted are just complete lies, or your own fantasy. For example, black Americans supported Obama for his entire candidacy. You can look his primary election results and see the akata turnout. That was a bad lie. Anyway, the Akatas deep support for Obama is actually proof that they are NOT discriminatory towards Africans.

I lived in New York, also in a black neighborhood, and there are soooo many people from all over the world there. Nobody cares if you are not American in New York. Walk down any street and you will find people speaking different languages, and people from all over the world. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I have noticed something while traveling. Some immigrants travel to foreign countries and try to avoid interacting with their hosts. They stay in their own groups and never talk to anyone else. Like the Chinese in Lagos that never learn a Nigerian language because they only interact with other Chinese. Were you like this? It is easy to think everyone dislikes you when you don't talk to them.

This brings me back to what I have noticed in Naija. Akatas that are very nice are treated badly for no reason at all. I think there is some deep hatred and jealousy we have for other blacks that is unhealthy. Even when we see black British people, that might be descended from Jamaicans, we think they are Nigerians that are faking their accent. Then we treat them badly, because we "feel" that they are looking down on us by pretending to be British.

The akatas I have met have been very happy to interact with Nigerians, only to be treated badly for no reason. I have never seen this happen in the US. The only people that tell stories of being disliked are usually people who spend their time trying to prove that they are 'better' than akatas. That is wrong. Nobody likes insecure people.
What is wrong with one this sef? You created a thread and asked for opinions and the guy gave you his experience and you have the audacity to call him a liar and attack him verbally...
You are worse than a hypocrite!!! You accuse him of lying and at the same time,you want people to believe that we treat you(akatas) badly.. You are liar beacause you're one of those akatas who think everybody hates them.. You better wake-up and stop spreading false lies cos its all in your head..
Imagine we hating on akatas in Nigeria.. Who even has that time??..
The fact that people have hated on you personally doesnt mean its because you're an akata.. Its your attitude bro,you need to work on your attitude cos you come across as an Arrogant piece of sh***t:......
Just take a look at the question you asked us "WHY DO SO MANY NIGERIANS HAVE SUCH DEEP HATRED AND RAGE TOWARDS AKATAS"... Look at what you typed and tell me this is not an insult but a question..
The words in red already speaks a volume on the kind of mindset you have...
Sorry to say this but you sound like a dark bitter person..
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Kslib:
What is wrong with one this sef? You created a thread and asked for opinions and the guy gave you his experience and you have the audacity to call him a liar and attack him verbally...
You are worse than a hypocrite!!! You accuse him of lying and at the same time,you want people to believe that we treat you(akatas) badly.. You are liar beacause you're one of those akatas who think everybody hates them.. You better wake-up and stop spreading false lies cos its all in your head..
The fact that people have hated on you personally doesnt mean its because you're an akata.. Its your attitude bro,you need to work on your attitude cos you come across as an Arrogant piece of sh***t:......
Just take a look at the question you asked us "WHY DO SO MANY NIGERIANS HAVE SUCH DEEP HATRED AND RAGE TOWARDS AKATAS"... Look at what you typed and tell me this is not an insult but a question..

I am not an akata. Oni a dara o!
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kslib:

he has to earn his pay nah.

very amusing, the other person who responded to him was trying to paint another picture of carribeans, etc forming "unity" with africans.

some people are just mischievious, the only solidarity being formed with any black, by non-african blacks and whites in general, are more along drug related lines than anything else. Unless marriage also, after all the human race must not go extinct.

just because he's black dont make him a brother?

wise words from our AA brethren.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
tpia@:

he has to earn his pay nah.

very amusing, the other person who responded to him was trying to paint another picture of carribeans, etc forming "unity" with africans.

some people are just mischievious, the only solidarity being formed with any black, by non-african blacks and whites in general, are more along drug related lines than anything else. Unless marriage also, after all the human race must not go extinct.

just because he's black dont make him a brother?

wise words from our AA brethren.

Are you high?
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
@OP.

Let me put it this way - If you are loaded/educated, you probably won't have issues with akatas in america.
On the other hand, if you are the typical "greencard lottery save my family" escapee from naija, your experience will be bitter. If you don't have papers, chei, your own don finish.

If Nigerians treat akatas in lagos in a bad way, dare i say they deserve it?
The average akata thinks africans are beneath them. The exception is the educated ones and lets get real, how many of them are educated? We obviously can not generalize but i assure you that most Akatas will hands down feck you up verbally, emotionally, physically etc. They call africans names such as mubuto mubuto and the "click" sound.
In order to avoid a long write-up, i will say it's reciprocal. Do me i do you God no go vex.
If Nigerians really treated them the way they treat africans in general, trust me, they won't even stay in Lagos. Their saving grace is that they are "termed" Americans and we know how our people worship anything American even if it is the same ones that don't have an iota of respect for our brothers in the diaspora
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
we know how our people worship anything American

eod.

thread closed.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Some of you keep talking about the US. This is NOT about the US, it is about what I see here in Naija.

Many of the Nigerians that act this way have never been to the US, some have never left their state.

Maybe some Nigerians bring their irrational hate to America with them, and that causes the problem? I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 3:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Well, what you do know is you appear to be an accomplished liar.

Btw, werent you the one pouring hatred on fat women the other time?
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:17am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^^^^^^
If you are here to troll, just go away. This is the last time I will respond to your nonsense.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by tpia5: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Your thread is nonsense.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Have Such Deep Hatred And Rage Toward Akatas? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Some of you keep talking about the US. This is NOT about the US, it is about what I see here in Naija.

Many of the Nigerians that act this way have never been to the US, some have never left their state.

Maybe some Nigerians bring their irrational hate to America with them, and that causes the problem? I don't know.

See your misyarn. Many of the akatas that behave the way they do have never been to NIGERIA either. Heck some of them couldn't locate AFRICA on a map if their life depended on it.

(1) (Reply)

"What The *** Is YIM??!" / Miss Portharcourt City 2018/2019 Release Stunning Pictures As She Celebrates Her / I Need A Fairly Used Sewing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.