Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Going Home To Look For A Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Going Home To Look For A Spouse (1670 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Home To Look For A Spouse by LadyB(f): 4:11am On May 23, 2006
This is for the nigerians in da house. If you're in abroad and yet to marry, will you consider a trip home to search for that husband or wife?

Some people do go back home because they couldn't find their ideal person of their choice to marry. It is like the ladies or men abroad aint just their type for marriage. so going home to find a spouse has been a true success for some.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Badman888(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2006
Probably it mite be better that way, a number of people do it and turns out successful or bad, since maybe they dont know each other for too long and just jump into marriage.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by edatika(m): 3:05pm On May 23, 2006
I think it is a matter of Divine favor
it works at times and never does at times

i know of a family friend whom his father posted a wife to all becos they want a "home-made" wife. Now she shows them hell when they go visiting

while the younger one who was the "disobedient child" married a white lady
she's the "angel" now,
she wld kneel to greet (yoruba tradition)
and , she's generally very homely.

so i think it's a matter of Divine favor.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Rhodalyn(f): 3:06pm On May 23, 2006
nope! U marry the one U truly love not the one who's ''home''
so therefore, the one U love could be anywhere and not necessarily ''home''
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by kimba(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2006
How can my dad "post" me a wife?

God forbid bad thing,
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by LadyB(f): 3:10am On May 24, 2006
grin @kimba. but am sure an agreement was made between the man and the lady before her arrival. so it turns sour. it has turn beautiful for some.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by lioness(f): 1:50pm On May 24, 2006
Alot of folks go back home to get married for "several reasons".
I marry who i love, no matter where he's from or located grin grin grin grin
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by eveseh(f): 6:44pm On May 24, 2006
wish u da best
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by lioness(f): 4:35pm On May 25, 2006
kiss kiss ;d
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Badman888(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2006
But if its someone you know, maybe when you were back home it would be better that way,
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Bright2(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2006
Well if u are a christian,we christian do believe dat where ever God plant ur husband,there u will go and get him some good spiritual fathers can tell u where ur God given husband is,in dis case, ur migration has meaning,but when u are migrating blindly from 1 place 2 de other, u might run out of direction & at last come back 2 de former place wit nothing. Those dat are there b/4 u left has already achieved wat u have been jumping from place 2 place searching 4,because wat there God prepare 4 them are right there wit them.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by lioness(f): 9:15am On May 26, 2006
So you mean one prophet will prophesy me into one mans live as my husband?
Am a christain and i believe God can reveal to me who my husband is. yes, he can use a pastor but its not a criterium.

When i was in phc, a pastor told me the yoruba guy i was dating was my husband and another prophet said he was nt the real one.  undecided undecided
The funny part is that i was dating the guy as a rebound and i didnt love him. So i got pretty confused. So i started forcing  cry  myself to love him just to fullfill prophesy but i still didnt love him so i left.

My advise to me is that i will pray to God and make a decision and take responsibility for whatever that decision results into.
Bible say the steps of the righteous are ordered by God. Even in the days of the bible tell me how many people got married by the prophesy of elijah, isaiah, etc. They only gave guidlines.

Bright2:

Well if u are a christian,we christian do believe that where ever God plant your husband,there u will go and get him some good spiritual fathers can tell u where your God given husband is,in this case, your migration has meaning,but when u are migrating blindly from 1 place 2 de other, u might run out of direction & at last come back 2 de former place wit nothing. Those that are there b/for you left has already achieved what u have been jumping from place 2 place searching 4,because what there God prepare 4 them are right there wit them.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Bright2(m): 2:10pm On May 26, 2006
NOTE, a good spiritual father i said ,i did not specify 4 u a prophet.Prophets are not de only spiritual fathers.what i am saying is dat if u are residing in london & ur real husband 2 be is also in dat same london,u might miss him while u are migrating from place 2 place .
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by lioness(f): 4:54pm On May 26, 2006
Bros, how do i know my REAL husband abeg
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by mamaput(f): 7:05pm On May 26, 2006
Its so funny.
Men that go home to get a "Clean" wife that has not yet open eye.
These women are the worst. When the open their eyes
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by kimba(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2006
A bird in the hand is of more worth than 2 in the bush,

an enemy you know might be better than someone who you might not be able to classify as a friend or an enemy.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by desiree(f): 8:18pm On May 26, 2006
The thing is that most of these home brewed wifeys have a very high and obscure expectations of men that live abroad, they think they earn cool cash that they don’t have to lift a finger for and when they finally arrive and they are juggling part-time schooling with 2 part time jobs, they turn sour on their hubbies…. not a pretty sight at all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by mamaput(f): 8:31pm On May 26, 2006
These women are survival exparts.
The best gamblers.
A man goes home looking for a wife sleeps with a woman and conciders her.
Getting back to Europe a phone call comes "i get belly" he sends his people to go and carry the wine. The wine is carried and a few weeks later ."i Lost the baby" "So when are you bringing me to Europe."
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Bright2(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2006
Ha mama put, uv'e finished dem.
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Hotstepper(f): 9:47pm On May 26, 2006
I personally will marry sum1 in Nigeria
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by mamaput(f): 9:04am On May 27, 2006
Hotstepper:

I personally will marry someone in Nigeria

As in going going home with a man to get married ?
or as in going home to look for a Husband
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by zionchic(f): 9:18am On May 27, 2006
@ hotstepper

i don't blame you jare guess you don't want no akata murdering you one day.

On a more serious note though, love doesn't know nationality, when you fall in love the song changes and you go with your heart, home made or abroad made. like my other sistas i don't care who it is, so long as the flame of love is burning bright. who cares!
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Hotstepper(f): 3:40pm On May 27, 2006
am gonna marry a nigerian base man period cuz datz where i lan 2 live and ain't feeling no naija men here, datz just me ohhhhhhh personally tongue, unless there is a miracle but,
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by kimba(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2006
anyway, now that uve arrived back in Nnewi?, all things can and will begin to unfold, abi  grin grin

but really, i dont think it will be that easy for a lady to go back to Nija "and begin" to look for a man, except you know him before, or perhaps, hes one of the faithfuls whose going back to re-settle, or u might have to wait a couple of years so you could fit-in, u know
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Hotstepper(f): 6:28pm On May 27, 2006
get ur point but everything is okay, lol
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by whoknoxluv(m): 1:55pm On May 29, 2006
All life reqiures is prayer in every step you take in life some don't even go home to find there choice but with God intervention their choice meet them from home so what do you see to this ? just be prayerful
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Hotstepper(f): 2:26pm On May 29, 2006
am very prayerful but u gotta tell God wa u want off front and have faith and see wt happens cry
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by LadyB(f): 3:05am On May 30, 2006
i feel u jare wink@hotstepper
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:10am On May 30, 2006
It is hard to plan for marriage because love can happen @ anytime
But ya i wouldnt mind to marry a women from home, time will tell i guess
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by Hotstepper(f): 3:32am On May 30, 2006
yes ooo LADYB, i dey say ma own as e dey ma mind
Re: Going Home To Look For A Spouse by jaybaby(f): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2006
y? anywhere way i dey if i see huzzy i go marry kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Are U The Last Child In Your Family? / How Do I Handle This? / Issues To Be Dealt With In Order To Have A Blissful Marriage Life.share!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.