Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,579 members, 7,958,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying (1888 Views)

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price / Somali Military History / African Medieval Military Systems Pre-colonial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by honifome(m): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
I have been expressing concern about low percentage of yoruba in nigeria military for ages.We were once bellicose during the golden period of oyo empire and crisis within but the reverse is the case now.While we have resorted to be peace loving,should we continue to neglect our military virtues?
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by omiobo: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
Good observation! I'm worry too. All yoruba want to occupy office, none wants to be on the battlefield. SMH
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by fredopayee(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yoruba nation is cameleone and never peace loving. What happened in 1966 military coup? Tortoise don't work in Military. Read why we struck by Ifeajuana, There was a country by Achebe and In Africa Biafra died by Emefiana Ezeani. Then you will understand that Yoruba nation are decivers and ship which one can sail anyhow.
honifome: I have been expressing concern about low percentage of yoruba in nigeria military for ages.We were once bellicose during the golden period of oyo empire but the reverse is the case now.While we have resorted to be peace loving,should we continue to neglect our military virtues?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by honifome(m): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Fredopayee don't ignite tribal war in this forum because I would prefer to restrict the discussion to the topic rather than lambasting your percieve igbo tribe too.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Tolexander: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
fredopayee: Yoruba nation is cameleone and never peace loving. What happened in 1966 military coup? Tortoise don't work in Military. Read why we struck by Ifeajuana, There was a country by Achebe and In Africa Biafra died by Emefiana Ezeani. Then you will understand that Yoruba nation are decivers and ship which one can sail anyhow.
just like benjamin adekunle was sailed anyhow!
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Bigcake: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yorubas r foools, they can only make mouth but can not act. They r slaves to d Northerners. Them too dey fear. And dey r too dirty to join d disciplined Nigerian Army.
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Tolexander: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
Bigcake: Yorubas r foools, they can only make mouth but can not act. They r slaves to d Northerners. Them too dey fear. And dey r too dirty to join d disciplined Nigerian Army.

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by fredopayee(m): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
Its not tribal war. Its what actually happened sir!!
honifome: Fredopayee don't ignite tribal war in this forum because I would prefer to restrict the discussion to the topic rather than lambasting your percieve igbo tribe too.
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Rgp92: 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
It is! As much as i love one Nigeria, who will protect us when shiiit breaks out? But then again, why fight, when you can make them fight for you? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by daryoor(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
it cultural, the igbos dedicate their life to trade, the hausas own politics and the military, the yourba man will collect co-operative loan to send his kid to school. If uv been to d north u'll realise that a large percentage of the population if dominated by nonentity, theres notin to envy about the northerner -except their road network. My best friend (an ibo guy) joined nda when he counldnt gain admission ma parents discouraged me that i should apply to o.a.u. (it took me 4 years to gain that admission). Its basically cultural.
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:53am On Jan 16, 2017
Lead by example and join! angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 16, 2017
Bigcake:
Yorubas r foools, they can only make mouth but can not act. They r slaves to d Northerners. Them too dey fear. And dey r too dirty to join d disciplined Nigerian Army.
Bae ni grin grin

Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by Okeikpu(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Cowardness won't let them join military
If na to share oil money u will see them limpfroging around grin
Re: Yoruba Percentage In Military Is Worrying by josh001(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
fredopayee:
Yoruba nation is cameleone and never peace loving. What happened in 1966 military coup? Tortoise don't work in Military. Read why we struck by Ifeajuana, There was a country by Achebe and In Africa Biafra died by Emefiana Ezeani. Then you will understand that Yoruba nation are decivers and ship which one can sail anyhow.
. What in this good green earth are you trying to say, can you not string two words together to make sense, please edit your post.

(1) (Reply)

African Cultures And Intellectualism / Typical Igbo Traditional List For The Groom / 3 Out Of Every 10 Nigerian Men Are Not The Biological Fathers Of Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.