Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris (9909 Views)

Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by crispgg: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Blessing Okagbare just ran a season best of 10.93 to come second at the 100m event in the IAAF meet in Paris, narrowly losing to shelly-Ann Frasier who did 10.92 a few minutes ago.

Okagbare would have won but dipped too early at the finish giving Frasier the opportunity to grab the first position as she maintained her speed throughout.

Congrats to Blessing.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by olapluto(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
The race between the tallest and the shortest. Good race by Blessing, she just needs to know where the finish line is. I'm confident she will win at least a gold in Moscow

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by akintun: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dis is d second time in one week dat she is dipping so early. I hope she gets a good start in Moscow becos she came from way back today.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by crispgg: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
akintun: Dis is d second time in one week dat she is dipping so early. I hope she gets a good start in Moscow becos she came from way back today.

Okagbare has always been poor W̶̲̥̅̊ït̶̲̥̅̊ her starts. That is why she loses out at the 100metres most times. I believe she would do much better in the 200metres as she has more time to recover.

4 Likes

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by olapluto(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by collynzo2(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7-CzKB2y4
She will get it right soon
Better
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by abbeybanks(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
is it the finals?
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Lordave: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
I must confess that anytime I hear that name Okagb...the only thing that comes to my mind is wonderful as$. Omo when will I get to touch that as$... Only touch o.

3 Likes

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by saintol(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
congratulations
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by yinxfun(m): 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: I must confess that anytime I hear that name Okagb...the only thing that comes to my mind is wonderful as$. Omo when will I get to touch that as$... Only touch o.
attention seeking fella
ds athletics for cryin out loud..na only ass u see...go touch am in u'r dream...
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by airmark(m): 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
My blessing
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by homesteady(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chai!! 10:92 and 10:93!! Just 1!! Nothing pain pass this one!!

This girl is going places!
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
It was a good race. If there was 10m more she would have won. But she needs a better start. Shes always playing catch up
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Feedmemore(f): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
I watched it, she narrowly missed out. She was slow
on the block.
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Lordave: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
yinxfun: attention seeking fella
ds athletics for cryin out loud..na only ass u see...go touch am in u'r dream...
na your own view be that. If you mean that you only see an athlete racing, that's your indaba, cuz what I always see is a running as$ not Okagb..

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by omanifrank(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
coming back to his form
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Iykebestbt(m): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Coach: Blessing,who was the first man to visit the moon?

Blessing: Neil Armstrong Sir.

Coach: very good. Now who was the second man to visit the moon?

Blessing: sir ermmm

Coach: don't waste your time guessing,nobody cares..

Moral,always be the first in anything you do!

3 Likes

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Ichel: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: I must confess that anytime I hear that name Okagb...the only thing that comes to my mind is wonderful as$. Omo when will I get to touch that as$... Only touch o.

Shouldn't this guy be @ YABA LEFT?
#yabaleftproduct
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by airmark(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
omanifrank: coming back to his form

who?

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Tolexander: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
I pray she continues with this and cop something worthy in major tournament like olympic. And not like olusoji fasuba.
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
Congrats to her.
She need to work on her poor starting.
I see her ruling the female tracks in 100 & 200metres soon.
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Lordave: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ich_el:

Shouldn't this guy be @ YABA LEFT?
#yabaleftproduct
it's always good saying the truth.
Perhaps you should prescribe a solution to my problem if you think I have 1
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by bumax: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
she ought to get her coaches working on that aspect of her race cos it's a crucial and key part of the race. A good start for someone with her height (which is an advantage if she capitalizes on it adequately) will definitely be the difference between her winning the race and coming in at second place or last.
If i recall correctly, Usain Bolt had the same challenge.
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by LotennaBernard(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
congratulations to blessing. she is definitely going to make us proud in the next olympic games
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by buoye1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
goo ;Dd 4 her jare
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by sylve11: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
airmark:

who?

grin grin cool
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Desdola(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
The sexy athlete. Nice one babe
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by success9(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
I am hapi she's improvin doh i stil fil she let mi down in london last year. She shuld work on her starts cos nt everybodi can b like usain bolt...
Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by akintun: 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
success_07: I am hapi she's improvin doh i stil fil she let mi down in london last year. She shuld work on her starts cos nt everybodi can b like usain bolt...

Expecting her to get a medal last year in London was unrealistic becos she just legally broke d 11 secs barrier about 4 weeks b4 d Olympics, when her competitors have been breaking 11 secs 4 a long time, and she had not beaten about 3 of d finalists b4 in her life, but dis time around, she has greatly improved, and she will surely medal unless she gets injured.

bumax: she ought to get her coaches working on that aspect of her race cos it's a crucial and key part of the race. A good start for someone with her height (which is an advantage if she capitalizes on it adequately) will definitely be the difference between her winning the race and coming in at second place or last.
If i recall correctly, Usain Bolt had the same challenge.

Historically d 100m women favor shorter athletes. Blessing reaction time is actually one of d best, but her initial acceleration is very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by sobastical: 12:00am On Jul 07, 2013

Mr odesco e pele ooo

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Came Second In IAAF Meet In Paris by Lordave: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2013
sobastical:

Mr odesco e pele ooo
mtchwee! Juvenile

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Wins Trophy As They Beat Entertainers 3-0 At Charity Football Match / Falconets Players In High Spirits On Their Way To Match Against Korea (Video) / Nigeria Moves Up In FIFA Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.