Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Christianity Versus Churchianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Versus Churchianity. (797 Views)

BEWARE OF THE RISING CULT OF END TIMES CHURCHIANITY / Roman Catholicism, Christian Or Pagan? (churchianity Without Christianity) / Christ Or Churchianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 7:12am On Jul 07, 2013
Christianity is the belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ as the sure way to enjoy eternal life,while Churchianity is the belief that mere church-going,being a worker,contributing to church financial projects would guarantee eternal life.

Too often,we find alot of people guilty of the latter(Churchianity). We are just fooling ourselves. Some people go to church merely for sight-seeing,others go to look for prospective mates,still others go to help inflate the attendance register by the presence.

Where do you find yourself? As a real Christian or a Churchian,church-goer?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by texanomaly(f): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Christianity is the belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ as the sure way to enjoy eternal life,while Churchianity is the belief that mere church-going,being a worker,contributing to church financial projects would guarantee eternal life.

Too often,we find alot of people guilty of the latter(Churchianity). We are just fooling ourselves. Some people go to church merely for sight-seeing,others go to look for prospective mates,still others go to help inflate the attendance register by the presence.

LOL...I like that...Churchian...clever...I think Christianity is something you practice everyday, not just on Sunday.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2013
no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by texanomaly(f): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
no difference.
what do you guys sit around waiting to pounce on unsuspecting Christians. Geez...
Good morning Pagan smiley
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
what do you guys sit around waiting to pounce on unsuspecting Christians. Geez...
Good morning Pagan smiley

Good Morning. cool

its funny how, when christians realise that anything they do is putting their reputation at stake, they try to distance themselves from it, or blame it on satan, Pagans, etc.

soon they might even disown jesus if a new scandal of his is uncovered.

prime examples on Nairaland of such hyppocrites are frosbel, obaidah, etc. .
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by spenca: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2013
If going to church makes mi a churchian then standing in the garage makes mi a car ...
May the 209 gods of ife help us all
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by texanomaly(f): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Good Morning. cool

its funny how, when christians realise that anything they do is putting their reputation at stake, they try to distance themselves from it, or blame it on satan, Pagans, etc.

hmmm...do you know them outside NL? Do pardon me Mr. Danhumprey...I'm sorry to derail.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
hmmm...do you know them outside NL? Do pardon me Mr. Danhumprey...I'm sorry to derail.

No. why should I?
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by texanomaly(f): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No. why should I?
I just wondered how you knew they are hypocrites if you only know them in NL.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
I just wondered how you knew they are hypocrites if you only know them in NL.

through what they preach on Nairaland. do I care what they do offline?

The frosbel and obaidah I know , are hypocrites.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 07, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:

LOL...I like that...Churchian...clever...I think Christianity is something you practice everyday, not just on Sunday.
You are right.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Good Morning. cool

Are u really pagan as ur moniker connote?
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 9:49am On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
No,it's okay. By the way,that's not much derailing. So long as it isn't completely off-topic.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Deeper Life Op don go church now..he will be expecting this thread on FP by the time he gets back.

@Topic: I wish that all Religion be scrapped so we can serve God as we deem fit..

@PAGAN 9Ja...Stop this your yan yan yan yan yan yan noise about Christians jare!!! I will land a hot E-slap on your face now now. undecided
I see you,HNB. But did u had to mention my church name? And more did u had to be sarcastic@the bolded?
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Hotnaijababe,I think we really need to talk.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Are u really pagan as ur moniker connote?

yes.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Mikechinos(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: No,it's okay. By the way,that's not much derailing. So long as it isn't completely off-topic.

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by cold(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2013
Accepting Christ as the son of God is a fraud. Going to church every Sunday is a tradition. When you fuse both you get a charade.So whichever way you look at it,religion is a con

1 Like

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Orikinla(m): 11:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Christianity is the belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ as the sure way to enjoy eternal life,while Churchianity is the belief that mere church-going,being a worker,contributing to church financial projects would guarantee eternal life.

Please, read the letters to the churches in Revelation.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Oh dear! Sorry if I vexed you? BTW, why ain't you in church?
Yeah we need to talk, I'm bored.
Vex me? Maybe. Talk? Yea,we badly need to. I think it's long overdue sef. Where do u suggest we meet to talk? Facebook? 2go? Anyone of the two you prefer,just PM me ur choice.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Here on NL..
It's private and I wouldn't want us to derail this thread or anybody's thread. So make a choice.
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by Danhumprey: 7:00am On Dec 01, 2013
Too often,we get distracted and carried away by irrelevancies! We pay more attention to things that are of no use.

There is a difference between Christianity and Churchianity,as has been explained earlier. Some people say Christianity is a con. Others say all sort of things about it. But then,what matter isn't the name,but our heart and mind,as regard to worshipping God.

Are you a real Christian or just a mere Church-goer?
Re: Christianity Versus Churchianity. by mumumugu(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2013
I am op

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Prophet / Where Are The Atheists And The Shallow-minded Agnostics / Why Has Maclatunji Been Apointed As A New Mod Here?. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.