Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Who Is Manuel Pellegrini? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is Manuel Pellegrini? (488 Views)

Breaking News: Manuel Pellegrini Appointed Manchester City Manager / Manuel Preciado Villareal's Manager Dies Of A Heart Attack / The Manuel Almunia Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Manuel Pellegrini? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2013

Hi, just starting my blog. I am Manchester City fan for life.

Now to the article. I like trying to relate a person to a well known character. This makes the understanding of the person being described easy. For instance. In the 2013 U20 World Cup. Oliver Torres was a big revelation to the world of football. If I am asked to describe him, I’ll say he is a cross of Xavi and Iniesta. How’s that for an intro?

Manuel Pellegrini is a lot like Arsene Wenger. They embrace the same up tempo passing football. They like to create width (wing play) in their play using wing backs. Like Arsene used Ashley Cole and Lauren in the invincibles era. Pelegrini loves youth development. He turned the new rave of Real Madrid Isco into a Super star. Before Isco joined Pelegrini at Malaga, he wasn’t even a regular on the bench of Valencia FC. He plays lots of formations like the 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2. In all formations he plays, he always tries to control the game and keep possession.

Pellegrini built Villareal from an average team to a team that got knocked out of the Champions League Semi-Finals by Arsenal. They were close to the finals but lost because Riquelme missed a penalty that would have taken them to the finals. He groomed stars like Senna, Forlan, Riquelme, Guiseppe Rossi to great players at Villareal. He turned Malaga a team which was last on the table when he took over into a European force in a short time. His Real Madrid stay was nice but he met a new President who didn’t appreciate his work. Florentino Perez made life difficult for him by selling two players he really wanted to keep. Sniejder and Robben who went on to play the Champions League finals for Inter Milan And Bayern Munich respectively. Even though he made a record breaking 96 points for Real Madrid which was surpassed by Mourinho.

I am expecting a lot from Manuel Pellegrini at Man City this season. I am expecting us to make the Champions League Semi-Finals this season and take the Premier League this season. So Manuel Pellegrini is like an Arsene Wenger that gets results. Even though he has not won a European trophy, I take his turning mediocre teams into European forces as remarkable achievements.

Source: http://thegoodjoehunt./2013/07/07/who-is-manuel-pellegrini/

(1) (Reply)

Higuain :I Was Very Sad At Real Madrid / Real Madrid Vs PSG 3-1 All Goals & Highlights Champions League / Liverpool Will Be Too Easy For Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.