Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? (8813 Views)

Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies / 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman / I Donated To The Sp.erm Bank - But Drank It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Demdem(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
bejahisky: I just donated my white blood cell to one girl this morning..

Expect ur report card soon. It won't elude u.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by nekaa(f): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Big Star: Yes I donated two months ago when my Sister delivered through CS at Lautech, Osogbo, state of Osun. But what I don't understand is that. When they told us that we would need blood for her, we were directed to blood bank where we paid N5, 250 for 50cl sachet of blood. It's just like pure water sachet. We thought that was all, but on the day they discharged us, they said we are giving the blood back. I was surprised "but we paid?" Until we donated blood ooo and we didn't get the money back. They don't use your blood for your relatives.

But I was happy to hear that I was fit to donate blood after test. Signs of healthiness right? because her husband was said not fit after the same test. Also, I indirectly know my HIV status on that day, though I have done it before. But another confirmation. Abi, would they have collected my blood if I get HIV?

I know someone would quote my text and reply me, but I may not be aware of that because I can't be reading all what people post. Moderators, can you please add notification this forum, not only topic change notification like we get at times. But also when they quote and reply me. Thanks.
you paid for screening of the blood
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Odunharry(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
i don dy donate blood since ask mosquitoes
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by nekaa(f): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
Princeojua: how many times have you cry for penis? You are busy sayin! I almost cry wen the needle entered.
you want tu make me?
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Samabu07(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Donated blood while in Nysc Camp, Kaiama, Bayelsa state 2012.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by magabounce(m): 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Am a certified donor!! I do it evry 2 mnthz. Itz sumfn av takn upon maslf 2 do. U cn neva knw huz lyf u'r savin. Am evn scheduled on d 18th 2 donate
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Supermajor(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Donated once at my school wen i was in 100L bt recieved NO.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by kunleee(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
Received YES(from my broda and a good samaritan)
Donated No

But wont hesitate if need be.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by ozodigboo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gosh ! ! very surprising thread !
i just donated a pint of blood to my mum, less than 6 hrs ago , at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital.
My first time ever.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Dansalau: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes, i have donated blood twice, even during Ramadan......
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Everybody should donate at least once. It's a noble thing tohelp someone in need. And if people like you refuse to donate, then there may be no blood for you whenever you or your relatives need it.

Even if you're not willing to donate yourself, don't discourage others from doing it. That's combining selfishness with stůpïdity.

trolling: We are instructed not to eat blood eg blood transfusion, kidney transplant and all that ish when you partake in this ungodly act, you take the nature and traits of the supplier of the blood, so what we have here is two souls or beings in one body, men that's scary just imagine if the supplier of the blood had psychotic tendencies Omo that one na yawa don burst o

Did you forget to take your antipsychotic tablets today?
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by neksummi(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
I've donated blood on three occasion. Bad sadly non of them survived! I'm kind of scared to donate again. The first had cancer, the 2nd was an SS and the 3rd I no know wetin do am.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes o! And it was a funny one lipsrsealed.

Back in the days, my ex, who I had newly met, had a lil brother who was hospitalized. He had been messing with a mirror and the thing cut him baaad.

So I went to see my new girl...and she was there with the WHOLE family.

For some reason...they were all unable to donate and yours truly told his ex he was O+.

The problem...I hadn't done an HIV test in many many moons grin (Since SS3 actually - 6,7 years maybe). And several members of her family were about to know my status - including their 'virgin' daughter with whom I haven't even done 'it' with yet.

May I just say the wait period was one of my not-very-comfortable moments. Not particularly about the girl and her family finding out, but about the fact that, at that point, I considered HIV as some sort of heavy purgatory. And I was moments away from discovering if I had gained admission into it or not.

Well, as the universe will have it, yours truly was certified safe to copúlte with - without protection. And everyone lived happily ever after.

Contrast with last year when I had an HIV test last. For some reason, the lab wasn't able to do the test same day so I had to get the result the next day.

The next day, hospital chic calls me on the phone and was like "Your test result is out and you're..." Buddha-calm on my end.

At this point I already know that half of the people on NairaLand were already HIV+ and that it wasn't even such a big deal any more. After all, our celebrated first-lady once said that we all have HIV and that some are positive while others are negative grin.

Besides, the day my eyes were opened - on a Biblical scale, was the day I went to bring an aunt of mine back from the hospital - went to have her son circumcised.

I come behold crowd, as in MULTITUDE. The kain multitude you dey see for crusade or those university supplementary form days - back in the days. I was like "aunty what are all these people doing here?" and she said they were there for their anti-retrovirals. My brain stopped.

If you see fineboys and fine babes wey full there eh. As in people wey fine pass all of us combined! My views on the HIV thing changed completely, forever.

Finally, back to the hospital lab chic. Well, she said your dearest didn't have it. But it wouldn't have mattered at all, whatever she said. I am not better than all those people who already have it...and I've been quite reckless and very irresponsible in the past.

MORAL: Peeps with HIV are just really normal people - like you and I...and we shouldn't discriminate smiley.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by trolling(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
iheneme: I'v been to a hospital where a doctor referred a patient elsewhere because he (the patient) refused to be infused with blood, because of his religious persuasion (he is a Jehovah's Witness). Please can any Witness in the house give a biblical backing to this disposition. I need to learn.
Its in Leviticus just Google blood
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by trolling(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sijo01:

Jehovah witness?
Hebrew Israelite
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Otses(f): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
I recieved 4 pint of blood when I had an accident 2006, and another 3 pint when I did a major operation (the blood were quite expensive too). I haven't donated, the day I wanted to back in camp, I was too hungry and was scared I would collapse.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by tolux247(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Donate : Every Month in 2011
Receive : 0
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by drnoel: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ma guy, if I tell u the thongs I have donated u won't believe me....
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
I do blood donation and platelet donation.

I have also received blood.

Im greatful for people that donate blood because my children needed it and Im not a match.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by dotman(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
I donated blood while in camp. My mum is a pathologist and encourages us to donate as much as possible, because in case you have an emergency and you're rushed to the state hospital and in need of blood or any family member of yours, they would give you preference due to your past record. My dad donates every year during his birthday period, but he doesn't anymore because of his age.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by angelsing(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
So funny to see this topic afta I just came out from the laboratory afta donating one pant and bra of blood..lol..it was my first time and it was a little scary to being stick wit a needle. Actually felt relieved afta it was stuck in. U all shud try and volunteer to donate. I actually donated for my Dad.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by ceejayluv(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Donated to my sis, four years ago...
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by OmerianConsult: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Otses: I recieved 4 pint of blood when I had an accident 2006, and another 3 pint when I did a major operation (the blood were quite expensive too). I haven't donated, the day I wanted to back in camp, I was too hungry and was scared I would collapse.
lt's well with you dear.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by phonetics: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Of course The Bible DOES NOT CONDEMN donating blood!

We have a Blood Donation drive annually at our Church.

Our own little way of showing the Love of Jesus practically.

After all, only holy people's blood no day get HIV inside!!
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by MsNas(f): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes, I've donated. Several times, especially when I'm in Ibadan. My Mum, who's an active donor since way back, introduced us to it. I got to the National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) around the University College Hospital.
They check your PCV first and then give you food or snacks before and after you donate too! grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
It definitely is a good deed donating blood but i totally got turned off the whole idea about a decade ago when i carried my big head to go do mr samaritan to donate blood and as soon as they realized i was born in Africa, they said MBA....chineke, my morale just dropped. No more blood donation for me. No be me una go embarass like that again . Lai lai
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Abali1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
This is a sensitive topic for us who live with sickle cell disease. Most times people don't really know that the blood donated by others is what saves our life during severe crisis.
I wanted to do a topic like this before, but I was sceptical of what people will say...
PLEASE IF YOU CAN, DONATE BLOOD TODAY BECAUSE YOU MAY BE SAVING LIVES.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by malaria(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Grendel: Yes I've done that!!!

But the Guy died angry
Same here, it hurtz felt like d sacrifice waz in vein
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Abali1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Funny enough, mum and dad were donors when they were young.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
yea once......i wish i cld continue...buh school stress and activities didnt allow me...
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by ABsI1: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
I have received and i keep receiving d blood of Jesus;it has set me free from sins,sorrow,shame,sickness and satan.
U had beta receive urs.
BLOOD of Jesus - POWER

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / Help!!! Rashes On My Private Part / What Is The Cure Of Mumps(segede In Yoruba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.