Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Teen "Wondagurl" Explains Production For Jay-z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Teen "Wondagurl" Explains Production For Jay-z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" (547 Views)

Meet Ebony Oshunrinde, The 16-year-old Who Produced Beats For Jay Z / Ebony Oshunrinde Created A Beat For Jay-z's New Album / Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teen "Wondagurl" Explains Production For Jay-z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" by pipz(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ebony "Wondagurl" Oshunrinde, a highschool student, has a beat on Jay-Z's latest album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. The teenager from Ontario, Canada produced the beat for "Crown" on the album, an instrumental that was originally meant for Pusha T.

In an interview reported by The Sun, Wondagurl explained how the beat landed on the album. She crafted the beat and sent it to a friend, who just happened to be Travi$ Scott. Scott had been working with Jay-Z and Kanye West. 

“Travi$ texted me and said, ‘I’m about to change your life.' Usually, that doesn’t happen to 16-year-olds," she explained soon after completing eleventh grade. "A lot more people want to work with me now. It’s pretty cool.”

In an interview with MTV, she added more about how the track came together. 

“I was at home one day and I was looking for reggae samples for a while and I finally found this one that was like crazy, it was Sizzla's ‘Solid as a Rock,’” she shared. “I took it and I cut it up and I put it in the software FL Studio and I started building around it, just adding 808s and the more I built, I knew what I wanted.”

According to Wondagurl, the beat was made with Pusha T in mind after hearing "Blocka" but she's pleased with the outcome.

More from her interview with http://m.mtv.com/news/article.rbml?id=1710075&weburl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F1710075%2Fjay-z-magna-carta-holy-grail-wondagurl.jhtml&alt=http%3A%2F%2Fm.mtv.com%2Fnews%2Findex.rbml&cid=300 can be seen below.

Now, Wondagurl says she has hopes of working with Kanye West, Drake and Timbaland. She also added that she would like to make a "comeback" track for Keri Hilson, who she is a fan of. 

July 08, 2013 | Andres Vasquez
www.hiphopdx.com
Re: Teen "Wondagurl" Explains Production For Jay-z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" by pipz(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Here she goes again ...Sent Drake’s ‘Used To’ Beat Via Instagram DM
BY SERMON · FEBRUARY 16, 2015

wondagurl-21

Wondagurl already has credits with Jay-Z (‘Crown’), and Travi$ Scott, but she can now add Drake after appearing on If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late twice. While she tells MTV that ‘Company‘ was merely her sending the beat to Travi$ who added his touch, how she got ‘Used To’ to Drake is a little more interesting.

“I made the beat at my house and then I finished it at a studio,” Wondagurl told MTV this past weekend. “When I finished it, I sent Drake a video through Instagram, through the Direct Message that they have on there. I sent him the video and asked, ‘Would you rap on this?’ He said it was really hard, but to send it. So, I sent it and it turned into [‘Used To’].”

Wondagurl hopes this gets her one step closer toward her dream to produce for Kanye West. Considering her biggest credits all work with Yeezy, it seems like only a matter of time before that happens.

Are you a fan of ‘Used To’ and ‘Company?’..

Watching this princess realizing her dreams

(1) (Reply)

! / Yemi Sax Ft. Chief Ebenezer Obey - AIMASIKO / MUSIC | Blackface Naija – Wagba Collect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.