Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Best Yoruba Film Ever? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Best Yoruba Film Ever? (30973 Views)

List Of, The Most Watched Seasonal Film Ever In Nigeria.... / BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by BigT: 12:16pm On May 23, 2006
has to be 'Madam Dearest parts 1 & 2, Could not believe the standard of acting, that is, proper character acting, Brilliant film with some very good actors who had previously appeared in a lot of so so mediocre movies. I think this one was directed by Tade Ogundiran.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by dominique(f): 8:11pm On May 23, 2006
Yoruba films are way better than english films (good acting & storylines) , my all time fav is Tunde kelani's saworoide.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by hotangel2(f): 8:40pm On May 23, 2006
Yeah i have to agree that Madam dearest is a fxcking good Yoruba film.

But u know what? It's not the best. Think of oleku, thunderbolt (magun), saworoide.

Madam dearest (aya mi owon) is a good movie. I love the whole story line, i mean it was awesome. That guy is a good actor, he faked his accent soo well!.

U should hear me fake it, haaa, soo funny.

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by kabiyesi(m): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2006
taiwoabzy ~ I totally agree with you. One can't be more english that an english man. Despite multitude of languages in India, how many Indian films 're in english language? They are in Hindi or local dialect, subtitled into english and other languages. That is the difference between Asians and Africans. Asians always promote their culture and language, wherever they may be, unlike us, mired in this Ajebota madness.

Yoruba movies 've being around for a while and will remain so, because it has the tradition and culture on its side. Both the culture and the language are deep, rich, sophisticated, progressive, intellectual and dynamic. That becomes an attraction to foreigners, they want to know more about your culture, because it's unique to them.

The same foreigners 'll look down on you when you start imitating them, despite all these "nollywood" hype.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by gigitte(f): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2006
magun is excellent
but ashewo to re mecca cant be beat lol

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Seun(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2006

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by ike4real: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2006
my own favourite yoruba movie of all time is ti oluwa ni le,which baba wande was the lead actor,

2 Likes

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by dakmanzero(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2006
Native language movies are always better than the crap from 'Nollywood'

I suppose its because our actors/actresses are more relaxed and at home with their native languages.

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Remmzy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2006
Owoblow all series!

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by goodguy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2006
All OGD Productions (Tade Ogidan Movies):  Madam Dearest especially.  The soundtrack of this movie makes it even more interesting. (Aye leee, aye ma le. . .). Tade Ogidan deserves to be immortalized, as regards his contribution to the movie industry; I tell ya!

All Mainframe productions (Tunde Kelani movies):  Saworoide, Magun (Thunderbolt) and Oleku especially.

All Muyiwa Ademola films:  ORI especially.  I tell you, this guy is gooooood!!  He's like one of the very very few producers/directors whose films I can use my money to buy.  (I normally don't buy films grin).

Then there's this other very interesting, once popular movie by Mount Zion:  Agbara Nla

Then comes Owoblow.

I'm yet to watch Alase Aye fully, but from the little I've watched, I think it's a great movie.

Infact, there are lots and lots of very good Yoruba films out there that I can't remember right now.

Thumbs up to the Yoruba movie industry!

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by makin(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2006
i guess u all didn't see any of Herbert Ogunde films, or baba sala's Orun moru or Mosebolatan.
In home video category, give it up to saworoide, its a classic

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by goodguy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2006
makin:

baba sala's Orun moru.

It's an old movie. Very interesting and very hilarious, though I hardly remember the story line anymore.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by abes(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2006
1. ASIRI NLA
2. AMIN ORUN
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Remmzy(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2006
@badguy
Alase Aye cool is also a very good movie but not as entertaining compared to the ones you have mentioned.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by kabiyesi(m): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2006
I remember Baba Sala and Ogunde. I like yoruba films that use pure yoruba (ogidi). The one that you 'll be asking the elders, what's the meaning of that proverb? That's the essence of culture. Only a fool 'll say culture or language is not that important.

Does anyone know if Ogunde films 're on DVD now? Ogunde was a genius. The benchmark, the reference point for others.

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Fimmy(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2006
I THINK JOMBO IS THE BEST NIGERIAN FILM I HAVE EVER WATCHED
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by ADEYEMIJE: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2006
i love "ti oluwa nile" and ade love film "iya ni wura"

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by tayekenny(f): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2006
1.  Eji owuro
2.  Aya mi owon 1&2
3.  egbayi etowo 1&2
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by ikamefa(f): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2006
for me its fopomoyo 1& 2 cheesy
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by mopolnanti(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2006
you still dey watch Yoruba film
film wey na na one day demtake dey do am
forget am dey watch beta film
jo
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by kg(f): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2006
I hardly watch films but when it comes to Nigerian films I prefer Yoruba films,
My all time best " Ti Oluwa N'ile"

Any film from MainFrame,  Tunde Kelani

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by layi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2006
Madam dearest is amazing, thrilling & absolutely wonderful. OGD productions that looks like mainframe. I love anything mainframe anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by bobotee(m): 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2006
All movies from good producers like Tunde kelani, Tade Ogidan and others. I recommend 'Akosejaye'[color=#550000][/color]. Nice film.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Omoboy4: 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2006
When you talk about the best movie of all time, it has to be a movie that'll forever glue to your head. The movie that would leave you messed up for days. So, and the winner is,

Ti Oluwa ni'le

and

Owo Blow

So what it's a tie!lol I just can't make up my mind okay!

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by Goshen360(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2006
hey guys,

Nothing can be compared to MADAM DEAREST so far in the world of yoruba movies.

Cheers.
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by socool1(f): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2006
i love madam dearest too kiss kiss
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by avarose(f): 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2006
WOW I think ORI by muyiwa ademola is the best that film is wow

2 Likes

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by omoge(f): 1:42am On Sep 03, 2006
Makin,

where do you think i can find those movies you listed? I'd like to see Ogunde's and babasala films, anyone got an idea?
thankz.

Seun,
Got any or know someone who got them??
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by lamis(f): 5:22am On Sep 03, 2006
My favourites are Oleku, Ori, Shaworo ide, Ewo kole wole.[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by aloib(f): 5:43am On Sep 03, 2006
where can i see all dse films to watch, i only see nollywood films online, someone help
Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by LanreDaMan(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2006
I am not sure which one is my favourite but btw THUNDER BOLT MAGUN (MAINFRAME) and SAWOROIDE (MAINFRAME)

1 Like

Re: The Best Yoruba Film Ever? by goodguy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2006
ava rose:

WOW I think ORI by muyiwa ademola is the best that film is wow

Yeah. The guy really deserves the award he was given sometimes ago - Most creative producer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ / Naira Marley Features In "The Enemy I Know" Movie, Shares Movie Snippet / BBNaija: Nina's Sister Cries Out “My Sister Is Being Used By Miracle Fans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.