Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,908 members, 7,844,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In (2192 Views)

Fear The Walking Dead. / Group Moves To Rename Nollywood As Naiwood / How Do I Break Into Nollywood As An Actress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Dreloaded(f): 2:56pm On May 21, 2008
yea everyone is given prizes for poor popularity

same plays Ghanians, Liberians, Kenyans, etc know about, the same plays known in NIGERIANS schools are "poor" cos OmoIbo himself doesnt know them.

Thanks for speaking on behalf of the average Nigerian

You can go now. E se.
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Dreloaded(f): 2:57pm On May 21, 2008
D-reloaded was the one who brought the tribal thing up

Where? Dare you to quote me right now

Better don't start something you can't finish.
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 21, 2008
dude, but u just responded in the affirmative. i'll post it again just in case u missed it

My Comment: 'the average nigerian would not read something they know nothing about. hence, the rather poor popularity of his plays/books.

Your comment/response (combrazor): if you use your brain for a minute, do you think that you might be able to figure out WHY this might be so?

do you think that it might have something to do with the fact that most Nigerians don't go to the theater? more people read novels than watch plays, right? so it kind of follows that the average man might be more familiar with a writer of novels than with a playwright, right?

dude, i like the fact we dragged the conversation this far. u clearly responded to the issue. u've now decided to call me names. son, it was only a conversation which i very much enjoyed having with u. u cant renege on ur response(s) now.
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 21, 2008
combrazor, howz the weather round ur endz?
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 21, 2008
combrazor:

sorry . . . that does not hold water at all.

i said that it is possible that Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" might be more popular with the average Nigerian than Wole Soyinka's plays . . . but that does not equate to saying that Wole Soyinka's plays are not themselves popular. Chinua's novel (and only that one novel, not all of them) just happens to be MORE popular.

considering the fact that the original point was not about a competition between Messrs. Achebe and Soyinka, but rather about judging the value of Soyinka's work on its own terms, your point is still irrelevant.

you could have done the noble thing and admitted fault several posts ago . . . instead you're dragging this on and on with the desperation of a drowning man grasping for anything that might keep him afloat.

you still end up sinking, though. . . because your basic argument is a cement block tied around your neck.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah oga combrazor, u don do 3600 with your comments. now you're saying your own comments don't hold water.
r u now contradicting yourself? or u lost the plot.

anyways, i asked how the weather for your ends dey today.
the weather round my end is lovely. all these girls for work take the oppotunity to wear less cloths
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 21, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha

if you use your brain for a minute, do you think that you might be able to figure out WHY this might be so?

do you think that it might have something to do with the fact that most Nigerians don't go to the theater? more people read novels than watch plays, right? so it kind of follows that the average man might be more familiar with a writer of novels than with a playwright, right?.

combrazor:

i said that it is possible that Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" might be more popular with the average Nigerian than Wole Soyinka's plays . . . but that does not equate to saying that Wole Soyinka's plays are not themselves popular. Chinua's novel (and only that one novel, not all of them) just happens to be MORE popular.

considering the fact that the original point was not about a competition between Messrs. Achebe and Soyinka, but rather about judging the value of Soyinka's work on its own terms, your point is still irrelevant.

you could have done the noble thing and admitted fault several posts ago . . . instead you're dragging this on and on with the desperation of a drowning man grasping for anything that might keep him afloat.

you still end up sinking, though. . . because your basic argument is a cement block tied around your neck.

oga combrazor, reconcile the above comments abeg.

u know summer brings the best out of the ladies.
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Ajebota(f): 3:49pm On May 21, 2008
too many jealous and bitter ppl on this thread haba! Prof Soyinka is NOTHING short of genius. He will do an amazing job. If you have nothing pleasant to say about the story keep your gob clamped shut angry
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 21, 2008
if you use your brain for a minute, do you think that you might be able to figure out WHY this might be so?

do you think that it might have something to do with the fact that most Nigerians don't go to the theater? more people read novels than watch plays, right? so it kind of follows that the average man might be more familiar with a writer of novels than with a playwright, right?.

combrazor:

combrazor, im sure they'd be able to see this as well. lmfao

this thread is about wole soyinka making an impact should he choose to direct, produce or act in a movie. as u can see ever since u answered my question i stopped going back and forth with the thread. ones again, thank u for saving me some time and enerrgy.

dude, take a breather son
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Dreloaded(f): 4:35pm On May 21, 2008
comb, I hail you cos you tried. Dude's a complete retard. There's nothing more to say about that. Somone that doesnt know the diffrence between a play and a novel.

Btw I love the fact that the slowpoke couldnt even show where I was supposedly getting "tribal", please dont shift your madness on me. Ok? Thanks

razor, where's my NCFOM review tongue
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Dreloaded(f): 5:01pm On May 21, 2008
Hopefully you do smiley

Seen TWBB yet?
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by OsunAmazon: 5:02pm On May 21, 2008
The tribal dimwits at it again.
Re: Fear Grips Nollywood As Soyinka Steps In by Dreloaded(f): 6:21pm On May 21, 2008
Yes!   grin

I drank your milkshake. I drink it up!

Lol I see you liking TWBB more than NCFOM for some reason wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your 3 Best Series? / Watch Comedian Prince Neche Cracking Hilarious Joke About UEFA / This Is Love May Teasers 2018 Glow Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.