Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan (858 Views)

A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. / Important Fatwas On Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by deols(f): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
hi sammy, I hope this is as you wanted it.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by SAMMYTOPE: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yh thanks. Bt it doesn't ask the question tho
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by deols(f): 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
SAMMYTOPE: Yh thanks. Bt it doesn't ask the question tho

Now ask your questions.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by SAMMYTOPE: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2013
My Qs goes thus:
Is it the Reward the same when Xtian fast (ramadan) with the Muslims brethren? Considering the facts that they do nt knw how to make all the necessary dua or the normal prayers that goes with ramadan. Hence xtians stop eating by 12am if they want to fast the nxt day (muslims eat till 3-4am) Can some1 pls shed light into this.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by deols(f): 10:53am On Jul 09, 2013
Sammytope, are you a Christian? are you the one we are talking about here?

answering these would help me to understand you better.

thanks
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by golpen(m): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2013
SAMMYTOPE: My Qs goes thus:
Is it the Reward the same when Xtian fast (ramadan) with the Muslims brethren? Considering the facts that they do nt knw how to make all the necessary dua or the normal prayers that goes with ramadan. Hence xtians stop eating by 12am if they want to fast the nxt day (muslims eat till 3-4am) Can some1 pls shed light into this.

The first thing that certifies a person's eligibility to fast (ramadan) is being a muslim. This comes before even the thought of other considerations(other necessary conditions).

But anyway, I think it may be encouraged, as it may help the non-muslim to understand the religion which may become appealing to him (through the various activities, if chanced). I'll rather appreciate the heart of a non-muslim that wills to fast ramadan than that (mostly on NL) that has blocked his own mind, ears and eyes to accepting no matter explanation as genuine.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by SAMMYTOPE: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
So I should take the answer as a knw ini? Ramadan is for Muslims and muslims alone yh?
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by golpen(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
SAMMYTOPE: So I should take the answer as a knw ini? Ramadan is for Muslims and muslims alone yh?

Not completely no, madame. What I mean is that it is compulsory for muslims (after meeting up with the necessary requirements), while it is voluntary for non-muslims, if you so wish to fast.

The thing is; fasting ramadan goes beyond staying away from food dor those period of time. It entails keeping away from hurtful speeches, yelling, watching absurd materials or listening to ungodly tunes. It also entails going through some special routines of worship and praises of ALLAH (swt) in the islamic way. If you are able to meet up with these regulations, fasting, being voluntary to you is encouraged.

Are you the person in question ma?
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by golpen(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
You may also try to attend some gatherings/lectures during ramadan. It gives you a better understanding of the religion.

And like I said, fasting ramadan is not a NO-NO for you.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by neeyhmutate(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
SAMMYTOPE: My Qs goes thus:
golpen:

Not completely no, madame. What I mean is that it is compulsory for muslims (after meeting up with the necessary requirements), while it is voluntary for non-muslims, if you so wish to fast.

The thing is; fasting ramadan goes beyond staying away from food dor those period of time. It entails keeping away from hurtful speeches, yelling, watching absurd materials or listening to ungodly tunes. It also entails going through some special routines of worship and praises of ALLAH (swt) in the islamic way. If you are able to meet up with these regulations, fasting, being voluntary to you is encouraged.

Are you the person in question ma?

The simple answer to ur question is NO. It's not the same reward a xtian will get if/when he/she decides to fast in the month of ramadan. I dont know the measurable reward God will give to xtain's fasting, i only knw of the islamic fasting. So you must understnd first & foremost that there are conditions for fasting. Q2:183-184 therein, Allah has stated those conditions, among are 1. You must be a muslim (believer), so if you are a xtian and u r fastin ramadan, it's an exercise in futility. Bcx Allah said "O ye who believe" not "O ye mankind". 2.You must be of sound mind i.e sane (3)You must have sound health, among other conditions that had alredy bin explained.

So if a xtain is fastin ramadan, such fast will only be acceptable if he/she personally believes in Allah (God) & His messenger (p.b.u.h) and not this xtain's doctrine. Then only Allah can reward him/her according to His wishes. Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Bountiful.
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by BetaThings: 1:47am On Aug 08, 2013
neeyhmutate:

The simple answer to ur question is NO. It's not the same reward a xtian will get if/when he/she decides to fast in the month of ramadan. I dont know the measurable reward God will give to xtain's fasting, i only knw of the islamic fasting. So you must understnd first & foremost that there are conditions for fasting. Q2:183-184 therein, Allah has stated those conditions, among are 1. You must be a muslim (believer), so if you are a xtian and u r fastin ramadan, it's an exercise in futility. Bcx Allah said "O ye who believe" not "O ye mankind". 2.You must be of sound mind i.e sane (3)You must have sound health, among other conditions that had alredy bin explained.

So if a xtain is fastin ramadan, such fast will only be acceptable if he/she personally believes in Allah (God) & His messenger (p.b.u.h) and not this xtain's doctrine. Then only Allah can reward him/her according to His wishes. Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Bountiful.

Salaam
To add, if the Christian subsequently converts to Islam, the fast of pre-islam period will be added to his good deeds
Re: A Thread For Sammytope's Questions On Ramadan by snubish: 5:46am On Aug 08, 2013
in fact, Christians and non muslims should be encouraged to fast ramadan, i swear dat is quarter to Islam, lol. Eid Mubarak peeps.

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Jumuah Prayer / Sorry Dad, I Quit Christianity For Good / Any Nigerian Islamic T.v?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.