Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat (19571 Views)

Punctuality In Salat / 8 Basic Errors Muslims Make When Paying Zakat Al-fitr / The Prophet's Way Of Correcting People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Bash92(m): 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please brothers and sister on nairaland who knows how to perform forgetfullness prostration during salat should please help me explain it in a very simple, detailed and not too complicated way.
And please kindly tell me some instance where it is necessary to be performed. I easily lose concentration and forget things during salat, for instance this night i want to recite attahyat and i was reciting suratul Fatiha, i was on the 3rd verse before i remember and since i dont know how to perform the prostration i have to start the salat all over again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Salam alaikum bro,this is from the sayings of our beloved prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

Narrated Abdullah(May Allah be pleased with him):Once the Prophet(pbuh) offered five Rakat in Zuhr prayer.He was asked,"Is there an increase in the prayer?" The Prophet said, "And what is it?"
They said,"You have prayed five Rakat.'
So he bent his legs and performed two prostrations (of Sahu)[Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 8 Hadith Number 398].

Narrated Abdullah(May Allah be pleased with him):The Prophet(pbuh) prayed (and the subnarrator Ibrahim said,"I do not know whether he prayed more or less than usual"wink,and when he had finished the prayers he was asked,
"O Allah's Apostle! Has there been any change in the prayers?" He said,"What is it?' The people said, "You have prayed so much and so much."
So the Prophet bent his legs,faced the Qibla and performed two prostrations (of Sahu) and finished his prayers with Tasiim (by turning his face to right and left saying:As- Salamu'Alaikum-Warahmat-ullah). When he turned his face to us he said, "If there had been anything changed in the prayer,surely I would have informed you but I am a human being like you and liable to forget like you.
So if I forget remind me and if anyone of you is doubtful about his prayer,he should follow what he thinks to be correct and complete his prayer accordingly and finish it and do two prostrations (of Sahu)[Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 8 Hadith Number 394]

If you feel you mistakenly add a rakat,you will perform the prostration of sahu after taslim,(This simply means prostrating twice after taslim) and then you make taslim again after the two prostrations.
If you feel you mistakenly missed a rakat,then you will pray one more rakat to make up for the one you missed and then you perform the prostration of sahu after taslim.

N B Taslim is the concluding portion of the (salat),where one recites "Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatu- Allah" ("Peace and blessings of Allah be unto you"wink once while facing the right and once while facing the left.
Hope my explanations are clear bro?

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Jazakallah Khairan @ lanrex and op too..I benefited from this..sorry for derailing,but I however have another Question.When praying fajr in congregation, I notice in the 2nd raka'at after the Imam recites surah,there's a short pause before going to ruku and everyone starts reciting something.please what is being recited during that short pause? Thanks
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
abdoolhapheez: Jazakallah Khairan @ lanrex and op too..I benefited from this..sorry for derailing,but I however have another Question.When praying fajr in congregation, I notice in the 2nd raka'at after the Imam recites surah,there's a short pause before going to ruku and everyone starts reciting something.please what is being recited during that short pause? Thanks
Wa Iyyakum bro.I was having this conversation with my cousin yesterday.He said it's a short version of Qunut but I'm not very sure of this.Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
lanrexlan: Wa Iyyakum bro.I was having this conversation with my cousin yesterday.He said it's a short version of Qunut but I'm not very sure of this.Allah knows best
Okay.Thanks.I'll inquire further
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Bash92(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Tanx @ lanrexlan, but when performing the prostration i still say Subhana rabbiyal ala during the sujud and will i recite the attahyat b4 saying the taslim?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Bash92: Tanx @ lanrexlan, but when performing the prostration i still say Subhana rabbiyal ala during the sujud and will i recite the attahyat b4 saying the taslim?
When performing this prostration of sahu(prostration of forgetfulness),you will still say SubhanAllah Rabbiyal Ala during these two prostrations.But after these prostrations,you won't recite the Tashahhud(Attahyat).You will just say the Taslim and your prayer has been concluded.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Bash92(m): 7:45am On Dec 06, 2013
lanrexlan: When performing this prostration of sahu(prostration of forgetfulness),you will still say SubhanAllah Rabbiyal Ala during these two prostrations.But after these prostrations,you won't recite the Tashahhud(Attahyat).You will just say the Taslim and your prayer has been concluded.
Tanks so much bro

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Fkforyou(m): 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
@lanrexlan....please wat about in a situation where you are in a congregational prayer but due to lack of concentration you concluded the prayer (i.e sayin salamun alaikum wa rahmatullah after the imam)...but you didn't say the taslim complete,is the prayer valid if no how do I make up for it.?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Fkforyou: @lanrexlan....please wat about in a situation where you are in a congregational prayer but due to lack of concentration you concluded the prayer (i.e sayin salamun alaikum wa rahmatullah after the imam)...but you didn't say the taslim complete,is the prayer valid if no how do I make up for it.?
If I get your question very well,do you mean you didn't complete the Taslim? i.e. Instead of saying Assalam alaikum warahmatullah,you just said 'Assalam alaikum'? You only make up for missed rakat or if you add a rakat.You don't make up for incomplete Taslim and your prayer is very intact.
The Imam must have completed his own Taslim before you can say yours.If the Imam has concluded the prayer by saying the Taslim and you are still reciting your Tashahhud(Attahyat),you don't have to be in a hurry to say your Taslim immediately after the Imam.Complete your Tashahhud even if the Imam has completed his Taslim few seconds before.
Hope you get my answer? If not,you can re-frame your question bro.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Fkforyou(m): 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Actually what I meant was that I didn't say the atayhat finish b'cos I only became concious when the Imam said salamun alaikum and I just said it after him(completely..)...do you get it now?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Fkforyou: Actually what I meant was that I didn't say the atayhat finish b'cos I only became concious when the Imam said salamun alaikum and I just said it after him(completely..)...do you get it now?
Ookay,got you bro.I was explaining incomplete Taslim instead of Tashahhud(Attahyat).

Reciting the tashahhud is necessary.Omitting it doesn’t invalidate the prayer,but does make it deficient.

If you don't perform the final Tashahhud or say it partly by the time the Imam concludes the prayer with Taslim and you also conclude your prayer following the Imaam without saying the final Tashahhud finished,you will have to perform prostration of forgetfulness.

The least Tashahhud that would suffice for the person led in prayer would be to say,Attahiyyaatu lillaahi,wa salawatu wa tayyibatu,assalaamu alayka ayyuhan-nabiyyu wa rahmatullaahi wabarkatuhu,assalaamu alaynaa wa alaa ibaadillaahis-saaliheen.Ash-hadu allaa ilaaha illallaah,wa anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasooluh (or anna Muhammdan rasooluhu).

If you say this before the Imam concludes the prayer with Taslim,then your prayer is valid.But if you don't,then your prayer is deficient and you will have to perform prostration of forgetfulness and Allah knows best.
Hope you get me now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Fkforyou(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^ Yes...thank you very much.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by demmy66: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Salam alaykum lanrexlan.... I have a question pls.... The two rakkah to be prayed before subhi prayer.. Is there any specific surah to be recited. Secondly, the naflah before zuhr prayer. Is it 2 or 4 rakkahs, and is it just fatihah to be recited or with other surahs. Thanks
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
demmy66: Salam alaykum lanrexlan.... I have a question pls.... The two rakkah to be prayed before subhi prayer.. Is there any specific surah to be recited. Secondly, the naflah before zuhr prayer. Is it 2 or 4 rakkahs, and is it just fatihah to be recited or with other surahs. Thanks
Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullah bro,Surah Al-Fatiha is sufficient for the two rakats[Rakateni Fajr] to be offered before Subhi Solat.Four nawafil rakats is to be offered before Zuhr prayer and two rakats after Zuhr prayer.Surah Al-Fatiha is sufficient to offer these nawafil solat.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by kayword(m): 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Salam... Pls i heard just recently 4rm somewhere that washing of the body parts 3 times (during ablution) is more rewarding than washing it 1 or 2 times. Is this true??
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
kayword: Salam... Pls i heard just recently 4rm somewhere that washing of the body parts 3 times (during ablution) is more rewarding than washing it 1 or 2 times. Is this true??
Walaikum Salam.Washing each part of the body once is Fard(obligatory) as prescribed in the Quran and washing three times is sunnah.
Narrated Jabir Ibn Abdullah(May Allah be pleased with him): A desert Arab came to Allah's Apostle(pbuh) and asked him about ablution.He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice,and then said:That is (the method) of the ablution.And he who does more than this has done wrong,transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself)[Jami At-Tirmidhi Hadith Number 417].So,if one performs ablution according to the sunnah one gets extra reward because performing any nawafil carries extra reward and Allah knows best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 12, 2013
As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barackatuh.

As to not finishing Tashahud in a jama'a '[congregation prayers], it is better to make your tashahud as you become 'conscious' being aware that you didn't, while the imam had teslim out of Salat. If at all, it is the tashahud you must do, instead of 2 sajdah Sahw [forgetfulness]. The imam has covered you and there is no reason for you to separately make the 2 sajdah in this case. you simply follow the imam in every essential parts of salat. if he made sajdah sahw, you make it as well. but if he didn't but lagged behind, you must finish what you lagged behind in, especially the tashahud.

and as to the sunnah of salatul Subh, it is very recommended to make recite surah kafirun in the first and surah iklas in the second rakat each being after suratul fatiha [the mother of the book, the opening chapter, the 7 often recited verses]. the messenger [SA] was reported to have said those who recite Surah Kafirun in the first rakat of this sunnah believed their Lord, and those who recite iklas in the second know their Lord. there is a verse in surah Al Imran that can be recited in the first rakat as well. the verse is disproving the claims of the people who associate Jesus with Allah. But it is very safe to recite Kafirun in the first and Iklas in the second after Fatiha in each rakat. www.facebook.com/...sunnah-reciting...kafirun...rakat...

as to regular sunnah or naful, it is desirable to recite some Quran after Fatiha. though Fatiha alone may be sufficient, but it is a good custom or manner to recite something after it so that one does not become complacent, lazy and hurrying up.

Allah Knows Best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Bash92(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2013
pls is it compulsory to recite only suratul Fatiah during 3rd rakat of magrib & 3rd nd 4th rakat of ishai prayer?
And what if i recite another Surah after Suratul fatiah does it make the prayer null?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bash92: pls is it compulsory to recite only suratul Fatiah during 3rd rakat of magrib & 3rd nd 4th rakat of ishai prayer?
And what if i recite another Surah after Suratul fatiah does it make the prayer null?
It's necessary to recite Surah Al-Fatiha in the 3rd rakat of Salât Magrib and 3rd and 4th rakats of four units prayer.About reciting another Surah after Al-Fatiha in the 3rd and 4th rakat,I haven't seen a proof for that.So,I don't know if it invalidates the prayer or not and Allah knows best.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Bash92(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
lanrexlan: It's necessary to recite Surah Al-Fatiha in the 3rd rakat of Salât Magrib and 3rd and 4th rakats of four units prayer.About reciting another Surah after Al-Fatiha in the 3rd and 4th rakat,I haven't seen a proof for that.So,I don't know if it invalidates the prayer or not and Allah knows best.
Tanx bro, u'v really help me
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by lanrexlan(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Bash92:
Tanx bro, u'v really help me
You are highly welcome dear brother.

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by ibnabdullah19: 1:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
Assalam alaykum
@lanrex
as to not reciting tashahud or nt completing it during prayer bhind imam, dnt atract d postration of forgetfulness.
The imam actions covers for the jammah behind him, so if any muslim bhind d imam makes mistake he is nt going to ammend it after d salat, bt if d imam makes mistake the whole jammah wil have to notify the imam and corections to b made to d salat by the whole jammah by stil folowing the imam when he is correcting it either by d two postrations or any oda way of correcting it.

As to reciting tashahud after d imam taslim,
the prophet (saw) says d imam is ment to b followd, so if he says Allahu akbar den dose behind him suld say Allahu akbar, and so dere for if the imam concludes d prayer den u suld also conclude urs, and dont lag behind stil reciting tashahud after the imam as turned back towards u, for d imam is out of prayer and so u suld b out of salat too since u r folowing d imam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 5:43am On Mar 25, 2015
@lanrexlan: well done!

abdoolhapheez: Jazakallah Khairan @ lanrex and op too..I benefited from this..sorry for derailing,but I however have another Question.When praying fajr in congregation, I notice in the 2nd raka'at after the Imam recites surah,there's a short pause before going to ruku and everyone STARTS reciting something.please what is being recited during that short pause? Thanks
They recite ayah nur when i was growing up. It's Qunut in the second rakah. Not obligatory though. http://islamqa.info/en/112016. I used to do it regularly. It's Shafi school of law(madhab)
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by zguy: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2015
So it seems Ive totally been doing this wrong for years! sad
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
zguy:
So it seems Ive totally been doing this wrong for years! sad
what wrong exactly?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by umarc19: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
May God guide us to the Right Path.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by fagbalex(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nobody worth worshiping except Allah. Let us all be a good ambassador of Islam. Jumuat Mubarak!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by koma1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
@op thanx for opening the educative thread.
JUMAT MUBARAK

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Ridwan440(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
May Allah increase u all in knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by efilefun(m): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Alhamdulilah

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Wants To Attribute His Child From His Second Wife To His First Wife. / Unidentified Woman Dies During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia. Photo / If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.