Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (56022 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 9:43pm On May 03, 2010
OUCH that hurts, cry
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 9:53pm On May 03, 2010
To me, if an actor or actress portrays a role impressively, then he or she is oscar worthy. I wonder when actors like Brad Pitt, Will Smith or Johnny Depp will receive an oscar.

Has anyone seen the 2010 remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street"? A friend of mine that has seen it said that it was wack. I no know sha.
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2010
i dont think i want to see an remake again,
wgat about sam l jackson any oscars for him so will didnt win an oscar for in a pursuit of happynes??
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 10:02pm On May 03, 2010
@teeluv
Will Smith had an oscar nomination for his role in "The Pursuit of Happyness" but he lost to Forest Whitaker for his portrayal as Idi-Amin in "The Last King of Scotland".
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 10:05pm On May 03, 2010
oh ok now i remeember,
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 12:49am On May 04, 2010
cabali:

No, she isnt a bad actress just that she also isnt an oscar actress!!

I agree.

obinna5000:

To me, if an actor or actress portrays a role impressively, then he or she is oscar worthy. I wonder when actors like Brad Pitt, Will Smith or Johnny Depp will receive an oscar.

Has anyone seen the 2010 remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street"? A friend of mine that has seen it said that it was wack. I no know sha.

Not many are impressive. But then again many people are impressed by mediocre acting.
I still dey wait my hubby oscar ooo angry Add Don Cheadle to that list.
Re: Review Any Movie by eldee(m): 1:01am On May 04, 2010
obinna5000:

I'm not sure but I think Brad Pitt has one . . . Will Smith has just been a victim of bad timing of his best movies.
I remember seeing Forest Whitaker(Last King of Scotland), Leo Di Caprio(I think for Blood Diamonds or sum other movie), and Will Smith on his Pursuit of Happiness year and I was like 'WOW!!! Even I wouldn't give it to you man'.

I really don't get Johnny Depp, I don't understand . . . if Sweeny Todd and Jack Sparrow don't get you an Oscar . . . nothing else will, promise.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 1:34am On May 04, 2010
For Johnny Depp I think he is just cut out to be a box office hit and stop at that. Oscars don't care for him and I can't understand it when I see some of his performances.

He keeps attracting numbers at box office level. Any movie he is into gets accross the 300million mark.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 1:38am On May 04, 2010
. . . And no, I will not go to see nightmare on elm's!!

After they killed the idea of remakes with clash of the titans, I am not taking another risk of spoiling my Last impression of a movie.

I will be counted to go see Ironman 2 though. I am on my marks for that one.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:51am On May 04, 2010
eldee:

I'm not sure but I think Brad Pitt has one . . . Will Smith has just been a victim of bad timing of his best movies.
I remember seeing Forest Whitaker(Last King of Scotland), Leo Di Caprio(I think for Blood Diamonds or sum other movie), and Will Smith on his Pursuit of Happiness year and I was like 'WOW!!! Even I wouldn't give it to you man'.

I really don't get Johnny Depp, I don't understand . . . if Sweeny Todd and Jack Sparrow don't get you an Oscar . . . nothing else will, promise.

Brad doesn't have one. Leo doesn't have one.
Lol. . .RDJ and Johnny Depp are the most versatile actors. They can do 180 in their roles.

cabali:

For Johnny Depp I think he is just cut out to be a box office hit and stop at that. Oscars don't care for him and I can't understand it when I see some of his performances.

He keeps attracting numbers at box office level. Any movie he is into gets accross the 300million mark.
His own is long over due. . .i don't get why they don't give him one. Same for his other half. . .and i don't mean Vanessa. I mean Tim Burton. . .though these days, his movies are becoming undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 12:17pm On May 04, 2010
@iice
I will also put Robert Downey Jr. on my "Actors/Actresses awaiting Oscar awards" list.

And I will surely go and see Iron Man 2 this weekend. It has already made a total of $100 million from 53 countries.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 1:04pm On May 04, 2010
@Obinna.  RDJ lost to Health Ledger.  I think it's a matter of time anyway.  He deserves one. 
Yeah i'm going to see Iron Man too this weekend.  Kinda was busy last weekend
Re: Review Any Movie by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2010
grin grin
teeluv:

the promotion, SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2010
Furry Vengeance - the movie sucks badly.
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2010
i think RDJ and Johnny are long overdue, but were arent d oscars i guess we just have to wait and see if they ever give them any oscars, i think RDJ would have gotten an oscare if not for the ledger thingy, but i think ledgers perfomace was outstanding, sorry i meant to say awesome, heard iron man 2 is already making money like crazy, i guess ill have to create time to watch it,

funny enuff nightmare is doing good in d box office havent seen it though and i dont think i want to see any remakes for now,
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 1:07am On May 06, 2010
I give nightmare 2weeks. It will loose steam. I mean ironman2 will give it a suplex this weekend
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2010
@cabali
Na tombstone piledriver Iron Man 2 go give Nightmare on Elm street this weekend.
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2010
just cant wait to see it . any reviews yet??
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2010
Thing is; one of the factors that would work against iron2 is that it isn't available in 3D. This is what ensured the outstanding box office performance of avatar and also Alice. It is highly anticipated but I doubt if it will reach the opening score of dark knight.

Meanwhile I hear we should not leave the cinemas till the end of the credits. I suspect something like what happened in Hulk will await anyone patient enough to stay till the end of it all.
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2010
@cabali
"The Dark Knight" wasn't released in 3-D format and it still made more than $1 billion worldwide. I believe Iron Man 2 will still make a lot of dough if though its not released in 3-D.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2010
What I meant was that I don't think Iron will hit the amount dark knight did on it's opening.
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2010
@cabali
"The Dark Knight" had an opening weekend gross of $158.4 million in the U.S. shocked

I know that "Iron Man 2" will make more than $100 million in its opening weekend, but I don't think it will be more than The Dark Knight's opening.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2010
We shall see by tomorrow or next!
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2010
@cabali
Its on Monday we'll know the opening weekend figures.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2010
Just played the iron man2 game on my iPhone. I just can't wait to see this movie. I hope I will be thrilled. I have a feeling the movie will be the one to beat this year. I couldn't waste my time with Alice so did not bother.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2010
Watched Ironman 2 last week! It is doing alright at the moment; $212m on the second week. I liked it but I kinda find some parts quite frivolous. The fight between rhodey and stark was a bit too stretched if you ask me and the scenes that highlighted the fact that ironman had a death scare was too pronounced. Eventually it was over and I got back to enjoying stuff. If you haven't seen the movie please wait till after the credits.

I was afraid Robinhood would do some damage to iron but it seems that can't happen as iron makes 53m on the second week while Robin scored a low 37m. I say low considering the robinhood franchise and Russell crowe's reputation put together.

I am already feeling reluctant about going to see robin. The reviews have not been fair and this box office value has underlined it properly for me. I would need a date to be encouraged to go see this one.
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 9:56pm On May 16, 2010
Hmm!! "Iron Man 2" looks like it will beat "Alice in Wonderland" domestically. In U.S. Domestic charts, "Iron Man 2" has made $212 million so far and "Alice In Wonderland" has made $331.5 million.

"Alice in Wonderland (2010)" has made $980.5 million worldwide so far. It is currently the 6th highest selling film of all-time. Will "Iron Man 2" beat it? "Iron Man 2" has made $428.2 million worldwide so far and its not in 3-D format.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2010
There is no logical basis to make a comparison between alice and Iron. A comparison between iron and bat would be more like it. Though I sincerly believe it will be difficult for iron2 to thrash dark knight.
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2010
@cabali
I'm just comparing based on numbers. I'm not saying one is better than the other.
You really think "Iron Man 2" can make more than $1 billion worldwide. Lets wait and see.

I remember last year, "Avatar" had an opening weekend of $77 million in the U.S. It ended up making $748 million in the U.S. and $2.7 billion worldwide.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2010
Well, movie critics and blogs usually compare based on 'genres'. Alice would be in the pix when Shrek comes out in a month or so. It is when iron has done a considerable amount of time at the box that it can then be compared across 'genres'. And I'm not implying iron will do that good cos like I showed earlier I wasn't as blown as I expected with the movie so I think it will loose steam before time; plus it ain't on 3d as alice is; which by the was what gave Avatar the great lift. Avatar was actually Pocahontas in high tech value.
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2010
@cabali
If 3-D was one of the factors for Avatar's success, why didn't "Clash of the Titans (2010)" make up to $1 billion?  cheesy "Clash of the Titans (2010)" has made $460 million worldwide so far and its gradually losing steam.

I don't foresee "Shrek Forever After" beating "Iron Man 2" or "Alice in Wonderland" in terms of box office gross. Don't forget "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time", "Toy Story 3", "Inception" and maybe "Tron Legacy" (which will be out by December) are also potential money makers.
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 1:44am On May 17, 2010
You already said 'one of the factors' meaning u agree clash did not have all the factors of avatar so that answers ur question.

Avatar is Pocahontas in high tech like I said. Clash could not beat Pocahontas not to talk about avatar with 3d and other factors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / BBNaija: Teddy A's Fans To Welcome Him To Nigeria With A Hummer Limo Lincoln

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.