Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. (592 Views)

Why Do (some) Nigerians Abroad Despise Black Americans? / Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / Are Africans Proud Of Black Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
i asked if we should have a separate section for the AAs and the moderator said i should create a thread to see if people will support it.

I want us to have a separate section for them. Maybe a subsection in the culture section. This is to enable us here in Africa know more about people we have never known anything about except that which is thrown to our face by the media.

My idea of the typical Black american is the one who knows how to sing, people who attend no other church but the baptist church and to whom the baptist church plays a big part in entire life. Also, people who wear multiple chains in their neck and can be found in prisons etc.

I may be right or wrong but i think they are an interesting people and would like to know one personally
Re: If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. by tpia5: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
they probably do need their own section.
Re: If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. by makahlj2: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2013
souldust: i asked if we should have a separate section for the AAs and the moderator said i should create a thread to see if people will support it.

I want us to have a separate section for them. Maybe a subsection in the culture section. This is to enable us here in Africa know more about people we have never known anything about except that which is thrown to our face by the media.

My idea of the typical Black american is the one who knows how to sing, people who attend no other church but the baptist church and to whom the baptist church plays a big part in entire life. Also, people who wear multiple chains in their neck and can be found in prisons etc.

I may be right or wrong but i think they are an interesting people and would like to know one personally
Yeah, they also love soul food, watermelons, fried chicken, chitterlings and kool-aid, are angry and loud and most are on welfare... undecided or at least some people think they do. Stereotyping a whole ethnic group of people this way in a public forum is counter-productive. Don't we have enough problems with the Somali trolls?
Re: If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
makahlj2:
Yeah, they also love soul food, watermelons, fried chicken, chitterlings and kool-aid, are angry and loud and most are on welfare... undecided or at least some people think they do. Stereotyping a whole ethnic group of people this way in a public forum is counter-productive. Don't we have enough problems with the Somali trolls?
you did not read my post carefully otherwise, you would have known i am not a bad person. This is why i want us to have a separate section for them where we can interact and know better about each other.

For us down here in mainland Africa who may never get to visit the US, the only way we could get to know of black americans is thru the media. In this media, they do not speak for themselves. This means there is a high possibility of a misrepresentation and a misconception
Re: If You Support A Separate Section For Black Americans Come On In Here. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
makahlj2:

(1) (Reply)

Common Sense Seems To Be On Life Support These Days! / m / All Nigerians In Diaspora,what Are The Plans For Nigeria's Independence Day Cele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.