Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding (3155 Views)

Where There's Will, There's Is A Way(photo)...Lol / Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby / French Woman Offers Breast-feeding Service To Gay Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by MumZ(f): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2013
Hello to the mums in the house. I had to abruptly stop breast feeding my one year old boy yesterday and I must say I have not been myself. The pain of my baby not sucking, me expressing and the boobs getting fuller is getting to me. Please for those who have gone through this stage before, is there a way to ease the pain a little? Its like the more I express, the fuller the boobs becomes. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2013
Mum Z :
Hello to the mums in the house. I had to abruptly stop breast feeding my one year old boy yesterday and I must say I have not been myself. The pain of my baby not sucking, me expressing and the boobs getting fuller is getting to me. Please for those who have gone through this stage before, is there a way to ease the pain a little? Its like the more I express, the fuller the boobs becomes. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

There's no easy way, I'm afraid. Expressing is no different from your baby suckling direct from the bréast. The action will encourage you to produce more milk.

Stopping abruptly will cause pain and discomfort. I would suggest you stop gradually. So you start by only bréast feeding in the morning and evening, then perhaps once before your baby is put to sleep for the night. That way your body will get used to the changes, and produce less milk. It's the fullness that causes pain, and expressing is actually more painful than your baby suckling directly.

Good luck!
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2013
Abruptly stopping breastfeeding is not adviceable,its hard on mother and child.You can pop some paracetamol tablets to relieve the pains.The more you express it,the more your breast ll produce milk.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by MumZ(f): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Thanks Sienna n byvan, had to stop because of the Ramadan. Decided to take part this year cos I dint take part last year. Also I felt since I ll be fasting, I won't be eating much, so it will help my milk dry up faster. Actually thought expressing was different from sucking, cos simulation will not occur as when the baby is sucking.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by danjkad: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2013
Stop expressing cos when U̶̲̥̅̊ do, d breast gets fuller. So just leave it. If Ūя breast is d type D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥ brings out milk when full, just use Ūя breast pad so it doesn't spoil Ūя cloth.
Again, stop putting on bra as dis can cause U̶̲̥̅̊ more pain.
U̶̲̥̅̊ can take paracetamol to ease off d pain. ℓ̊ doubt if it really makes any difference.
Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by chayooh(f): 10:08am On Jul 11, 2013
I'd just share my own experience with you. I experienced real pain but after the fourth day, i xpressed some milk cos i was feeling like I had stones in my chest. After that day, it felt better and everything is k now. This is not more than two weeks ago by the way. Take paracetamol if the pain persists.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by bibinwaka: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
dis is how i stpped mine.
get a tight bra, wear it.
buy ampiclox drink it for 1wk. 3x daily.
it works lyk magic.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by MumZ(f): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tanks all, started feeling lighter dis evening. Yesterdy 2 dis mrn was a pretty hard 2 bear, bt I pulled tru without havn 2 take ny pain reliever. Bosom stil ful, bt not so painful nymre. 1ce again, tanks 4 takn time 2 reply. @ Danjkad, Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Is There A Way To Ease Pain When Mothers Stops Breast Feeding by LadyBeeDesign: 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hi,

Please kindly spare few mins of your time to vote for Rayhan in the current online baby photo contest here; http://www.babyphotocontest.co.uk/mbabydetail.aspx?contestid=3300 God bless you.thanks

(1) (Reply)

A Thread To Locate Friends And Families That We Have Lost Contact With / Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage / Another New Invention - How To Handle A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.