Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: (23241 Views)

Grace Atinuke-Oyelude, First "Miss Nigeria" Beauty Queen At 84 / Dj Xclusive & Tinuke's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Miss Nigeria 1957: Grace Tinuke Oyelude (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by chicbenita(f): 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-mKvtTkNzWYI/Ud3kFA3T8OI/AAAAAAAAOjQ/kWNIzlmTFrs/s400/Mrs+Grace+Tinuke+Oyelude.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-gW_sMC-xv-4/Ud3kE5LN2QI/AAAAAAAAOjM/oyfPYAhdfVk/s400/Mrs+Grace+Tinuke+Oyelude+2.jpg[/img]

Meet The First Ever 'Miss Nigeria': Mrs Grace Tinuke Oyelude
Miss Nigeria started as a photo contest in 1957. Contestants posted photographs of themselves to the Daily Times headquarters in Lagos where finalists were shortlisted; those successful were invited to compete in the live final which at the time did not include a swimsuit competition at the Lagos Island Club.

UAC employee Grace Oyelude won the maiden edition of Miss Nigeria, and would later use part of her £200 prize money to travel to England where she studied Nursing.
Contrary to popular belief, Julie Coker was not the first Miss Nigeria – she was Miss Western Nigeria but used the ‘Miss Nigeria’ title during official engagements abroad.

- See more at: http://www.ogusbaba.com/2013/07/meet-first-ever-miss-nigeria-mrs-grace.html#sthash.qoKmziDw.dpuf

12 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by braine(m): 1:08am On Jul 11, 2013
Wow! She still looks good!

Look at the dressing back then, its not like what we have these days with almost naked ladies.

This is what I know has the real African beauty.

27 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by REMMEI(m): 2:26am On Jul 11, 2013
'MRS GRACE TINUKE OYELUDE' I MEET YOU..

NICE ONE MAMI.

3 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by tpia5: 3:23am On Jul 11, 2013
she looks good, seems to have gotten even better looking as she grew older.

what's her secret?
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 11, 2013
braine: Wow! She still looks good!

Look at the dressing back then, its not like what we have these days with almost naked ladies.

Are today's natives skimpy and revealing? If you want to compare, then compare apples with apples rather than oranges.

OT: hard to believe that's her 50+ years later. Good for her.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by angelTI(f): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2013
ohhh dear. She is more beautiful in her advanced age.

I wish I could watch d video of the pageant to compare how it was done then wit what obtains now

1 Like

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by braine(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2013
ogugua88:

Are today's natives skimpy and revealing? If you want to compare, then compare apples with apples rather than oranges.

OT: hard to believe that's her 50+ years later. Good for her.

Natives are not revealing, but then I hardly see them in cultural attires; maybe during the beauty contest sha.

1 Like

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Tolexander: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2013
Wao! The woman is just very pretty to say the least of all understatements.

Just got a lesson that beauty is not a function of lip gloss, eye lashes, ghana weave on and brazillian hair and now catwalking.

But how am i to judge since everything is a function of time.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by dridowu: 8:14am On Jul 11, 2013
Real Beauty is natural

2 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by mysticgal(f): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2013
her pegeant outfit and style was nothing less from beauty and modesty
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by SlyIg(f): 9:04am On Jul 11, 2013
I thought this contest is only for people that can expose their breastt like Muna.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Dovahkiin(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2013
she looks like Nicki minaj in the younger pic
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2013
Are my eyez playing tricks...? Or does this women here look finer in her old than her youth...
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by AbuMikey(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2013
*singing* Sexy Mama

1 Like

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by nikkyshyne(f): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Beautiful eyes. The eyes never change.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2013

Is there really anything like "the real African beauty"

Besides my culture encourages being unclad before the coming of Europeans.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2013
Pretty even in old age.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Lilimax(f): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
...such a beautiful damsel even at her old age smiley
She is aging gracefully as well. Well done Ma'am.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by supaeagles(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Amazing, so at that time, part of 200 pounds could afford you a chance to travel to the UK? ..... now you can hardly buy an iPhone with that !

3 Likes

Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2013

do westerners also dress unclad in those days?
The world continues to evolve generally....
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Kings77: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
She is still Beautiful,no bleaching,no cream,no make up, just NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL!
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by LEvuls(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ok madam Obechi Okaowo Veli veli sassy grin grin even at old age
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by supaeagles(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
uniqueval: Are my eyez playing tricks...? Or does this women here look finer in her old than her youth...
its not your eyes, it's your mind and it is called a 'grandma fantasy' smiley
She still has her beauty, but I think her youthful picture is naturally better.
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Temismith(f): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Forever beautiful!!
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by LEvuls(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
In another way Julie Coker stole her tittle lipsrsealed
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
angel TI: ohhh dear. She is more beautiful in her advanced age.

I wish I could watch d video of the pageant to compare how it was done then wit what obtains now
must you comment??
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Pretyangel25(f): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ok grandma. U still look beautiful
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
My grandma was finer Dan dis as at den na!! She was over 30 as at den sha
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by glassman: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
waoh! Old memories..was a close family frend of the rev. Moody Oyelude(d brother of ds miss nigeria) family..a nice family who were staying in ilorin way back, dey'r actualy from kogi state.God bles her
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by glassman: 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
waoh! Old memories..was a close family frend of the rev. Moody Oyelude(d brother of ds miss nigeria) family & met her on two occasns..a nice family who were staying in ilorin way back, dey'r actualy from kogi state.God bles her
Re: Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
supaeagles: Amazing so at that time, part of 200 pounds could afford you a chance to travel to the UK ..... now you can hardly buy an iPhone with that !

That caught my eye too. Very soon, it will cost 200 pounds just to be able to get to Murtala Airport from anywhere in Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waje's Fresh Faced Make Up Free Photo / Photos From Shina Peller's Unity Cup As Davido Thrills Fans In Oyo State / Daddy Freeze Celebrates Woman Who Returns Money At The Airport, Raise Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.