Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,726 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs (949 Views)

Gists That Got Overshadowed By Olamide And Don Jazzy’s Beef At The Headies / Paul Okoye Gists With His Son & Peter's Daughter (See Photo) / LOL! Baskethmouth's Message To Celebrities That Missed 2face/annie's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 3:59am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, I'm a programmer in my mid twenties. i started visiting celebrity gossip/entertainment blogs late 2011 when i first came across lindaikeji..com. I fell in love instantly with the contents of her blog and before i knew it, i was frequenting and consuming every single posts and comments.
i have since discovered many more; Bellanaija, Nairaland celebrity section, ynaija.com, ladunlaidi..com, misspetite..com, lailasblog..com, whatshot.com.ng (whatshot.com.ng worsened my problem cos it bookmarks and bring the best of all other blogs together in one place)e.t.c

I feel very incomplete any day i miss visiting these blogs, i spend about 6-7 hours in total everyday moving from one gist/news blog to another, reading and laughing out loud to myself. Due to the nature of my work which requires me to sit in front of my computer all the time, i always find myself vying off to theses blogs every passing hour and before i recover myself to get back to work, another one or two hours have gone. I have blocked these sites severally from my computer but i personally unblock them when the cravings becomes uncontrollable

Since mid last year i have tried all manner of things to stop or reduce this all to no avail but rather i find myself spending even more and more time on these sites. This has badly affected my programming career and has made me far less productive and successful than i should be because the contents of these blogs tends to shut down the creative brain activities needed for my work after dwelling on them for so long.

Please what can i do to come out of this addiction?
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by Emmyk(m): 4:12am On Jul 11, 2013
You need a life cheesycheesy
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 4:14am On Jul 11, 2013
Emmyk: You need a life cheesycheesy
How do you mean?
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by k2039: 4:26am On Jul 11, 2013
"Habits are like a cable. We weave a strand of it everyday and soon it cannot be broken." I personally do not agree with the last part of his expression. I know they can be broken. Habits can be learned and unlearned. But I also know it isn't a quick fix. It involves a process and a tremendous commitment.

So the first question is, do you really want to stop, if you do you have to cultivate new habits, get busy with life, you will fall back at certain times, but if you are committed, then your commitment will get you out.
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 5:11am On Jul 11, 2013
k2039: "Habits are like a cable. We weave a strand of it everyday and soon it cannot be broken." I personally do not agree with the last part of his expression. I know they can be broken. Habits can be learned and unlearned. But I also know it isn't a quick fix. It involves a process and a tremendous commitment.

So the first question is, do you really want to stop, if you do you have to cultivate new habits, get busy with life, you will fall back at certain times, but if you are committed, then your commitment will get you out.

Thanks Bro. What steps can i take to break this one cos i really really want to
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by tsidra(f): 5:23am On Jul 11, 2013
The 1st step I think u shuld take is... Uhm...(Clears throat) your ipad, bb, tablet, laptop, or whatever you use in viewing and following those entertainment sites dash me. *winks*
Step 2:- join Deeper Life, heard they don't watch tv nd things like that
Lol u actually turned your problem to a thread. U really are somfin
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2013
tsidra: The 1st step I think u shuld take is... Uhm...(Clears throat) your ipad, bb, tablet, laptop, or whatever you use in viewing and following those entertainment sites dash me. *winks*
Step 2:- join Deeper Life, heard they don't watch tv nd things like that
Lol u actually turned your problem to a thread. U really are somfin
Would have done that but remember i need these devices for my job
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by k2039: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2013
netbrilliance: Thanks Bro. What steps can i take to break this one cos i really really want to
It begins with your mind. See yourself breaking free in you mind(mental creation precedes physical creation).

Limit the time you spend on the internet.

Always keep yourself busy in other things, the more busy you are, your chances of visiting those blog reduces.

But like I said earlier, it's you commitment/determination/persistence that will ultimately set you free.
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by Emmyk(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2013
netbrilliance: How do you mean?
go and ask a drug addict cheesycheesy

dont mind me.. But certainly you can drop all these.. Just like you've read afore, you should limit the time you spend online..get real life activities! And before you know it, the thing will be off your mind bit-by-bit.

So, *cough* Yes.... That's all! cheesycheesy
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2013
Thank you all for your helpful advice
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Emmyk: go and ask a drug addict cheesycheesy

dont mind me.. But certainly you can drop all these.. Just like you've read afore, you should limit the time you spend online..get real life activities! And before you know it, the thing will be off your mind bit-by-bit.

So, *cough* Yes.... That's all! cheesycheesy
Now you are talking. thank you
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by gluv01(f): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Get a therapy session. smiley And how did this enter the celebrity session?
Re: Please Help!!! I'm Addicted To Celebrities Gists And Entertainment Blogs by netbrilliance(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
thank you all for your advice

(1) (Reply)

Banky Copys Wizkid With Half Caste Chris Attox / Beyonce Does Mommy Bonding With Blue Ivy In Miami / Stella Damasus Unleashes Hell On First Lady And Senators(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.