Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap (29031 Views)

The Best Way To Restore Contacts And SMS On Samsung Galaxy Phone / How To Know If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Genuine Or Fake / Blackberry CEO Confiscated His Wife's Galaxy Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Davluck(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2013
A Swiss teenager suffered second and third degree burns when her smartphone apparently exploded in her pocket.

Fanny Schlatter, 18, was injured when the Samsung Galaxy S3 allegedly blew up in her trouser pocket.

She claims to have been left with no feeling in her right thigh and said she will be launching a criminal complaint against Samsung.

French language paper Le Matin reported that Ms Schlatter was working as an painting apprentice when she heard a large bang.

She told the paper: ‘All of a sudden I heard the sound of an explosion – like a firecracker.

'Then I noticed a strange chemical smell and my work trousers began to catch fire.’

By the time Ms Schlatter’s boss, Stephane Kubler, had come to her assistance, the flames had reached her shoulders.

She was rushed into the nearest bathroom where colleagues doused the flames before driving her to hospital.

Ms Schlatter explained: ‘Luckily my hair was tied up and my sweater didn’t have time to catch fire.’

However, she added that her burns were severe enough to make her smell like a ‘burnt pig’.

The burns have left Ms Schlatter with no feeling in her right thigh and the teenager has been signed off work until 15 August.

She now plans to file a legal complaint against the Korean phone maker.

In a statement, a Samsung spokesperson told the MailOnline: 'Once we have gotten hold of the product in question, we will conduct a thorough examination to determine the exact cause of this incident.

'We would like to assure our customers that we have always employed strict quality control and safety standards to ensure a safe and pleasant user experience.'

This is not the first time a Samsung Galaxy S3 battery has supposedly exploded.

In May this year, Reddit user Vizionx1208 posted pictures of his destroyed Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, claiming he was 'awoken by a loud noise and a weird squeaking sound.'

He states the phone was on the verge of setting alight and his bedroom had filled with smoke and had a 'pungent smell.'
He was able to put out the smouldering phone by chucking a glass of water over it but the phone had already burnt his mattress cover and left a small burn on his finger.

Last year, an Irish Samsung S3 owner claimed his handset burst into flames as he was driving his car.

However, it was later discovered, following tests by the Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) team, that the phone had been previously placed in the microwave to remove water damage and this may have been the cause of the fire.

It isn't just the S3 model that has this supposed fault either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2359281/Exploding-Samsung-Galaxy-phone-leaves-teenager-degree-burns-smelling-like-burnt-pig.html

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by physise(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2013
Davluck: A teenager suffered second and
third degree burns when her
smartphone apparently
exploded in her pocket.
Fanny Schlatter, 18, was injured
when the Samsung Galaxy S3
allegedly blew up in her trouser
pocket.
She claims to have been left with
no feeling in her right thigh and
said she will be launching a
criminal complaint against
Samsung.
French language paper Le Matin
reported that Ms Schlatter was
working as an painting apprentice
when she heard a large bang.
She told the paper: ‘All of a
sudden I heard the sound of an
explosion – like a firecracker.
‘Then I noticed a strange chemical
smell and my work trousers began
to catch fire.’
By the time Ms Schlatter’s boss,
Stephane Kubler, had come to her
assistance, the flames had reached
her shoulders.
She was rushed into the nearest
bathroom where colleagues
doused the flames before driving
her to hospital.

www.informationng.com/2013/07/photos-exploding-samsung-galaxy-phone-burns-teenagers-lap.htm
old story
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Davluck(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2013
physise: old story

Jst saw it dis mornin...'LASTma me'
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by ikechukz(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2013
This is the second scary news i'm seeing about the s3.Fear don dey catch me to press my s3.
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Ozone4eva: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Almighty Samsung? Lmao

6 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Davluck(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
ikechukz: This is the second scary news i'm seeing about the s3.Fear don dey catch me to press my s3.

very scary oo, mayb i go dey cari fire extinguisher waka nw

8 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by cnwamo(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
Samsung hehehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
SHE TRYNA GET PAID. SHE PLANTED THE BOMB IN THE PHONE HERSELF grin grin ALL THESE RUSSIANS SEF. SHE LOOKS RUSSIAN wink

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by ximarro(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Plz contakt me 2 get my samsung galaxy tab as a gift.

4 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by greall1: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by LEvuls(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Samsung Gosh going for TECNO

6 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by DICKtator: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Cheerios to the latest Millionairess. Get a good lawyer!!!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lol...she wants money.
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by ismhab(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
There are only 2 phones in this world, Nokia and the rest.

22 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Gifted4all(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
very scary.tnk God i dont use any of d samsung product.na fire extinguisher i for dey carry waka for d street of lagos ooo

2 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by KayEnn(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
LWKMD...but seriously, the way this Samsung phones gets heated up eeh. I thought they were gonna address that issue in S4. Sold my S2 out and added coins to get the S4 but discovered the heat problem still looms. I hope they address that issue in S5.
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Lilimax(f): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy , still very comfortable with Nokia smiley
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by sexymoma(f): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
who says 3310 is outdated....

9 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
Toluwarni: Lol...she wants money.
YUP. SHE WHEN SHE GET DAT MONEY SHE FINNA CHANGE HER NAME TO JILL GATES. SMH. grin

2 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by cnwamo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
I knew this thread would make front page grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by emmaliveth10(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmmmmm abi na bomb de take de make the phone?? shocked
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
obadiah777: SHE TRYNA GET PAID. SHE PLANTED THE BOMB IN THE PHONE HERSELF grin grin ALL THESE RUSSIANS SEF. SHE LOOKS RUSSIAN wink

Mumu™ lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Madawaki01(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Olowo n fowo ra iku

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Frostyzone(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
KayEnn: LWKMD...but seriously, the way this Samsung phones gets heated up eeh. I thought they were gonna address that issue in S4. Sold my S2 out and added coins to get the S4 but discovered the heat problem still looms. I hope they address that issue in S5.

Dude, there is no way around that issue. Even PCs get heated up when used consistently. It happens to every electronics, not only Samsung. k

5 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
joeydozzy:

Mumu™ lipsrsealed
RUSSIANS TOO LAIK MONEY wink

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Donbasi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmm oh i wonder why they criticize bb i log out frm samsung. Nokia has alwaz been the best
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Sijo01(f): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
My Tecno cannever cause me any damage. wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by yinkzzboy: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
To carry phone for pocket waka now na wahala...my nokia torchlight onpoint grin

3 Likes

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by belhomme(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
notin dey happen! i dn buy dis one...*bt wait o na cos say dis one na woman o, if na man sausage fit burn o* mak i go carry ma papa fire extinguisher....case dismissed

1 Like

Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by Onwe101(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
dis one wey my tecno dey hot so.....hiaaaa make e no blow scata my hand o.
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by amiskurie(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
omo dis girl don hammer grin
Re: Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap by AbuMikey(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
All these ones na "Carry Talk".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Noticed After Iphone Battery Replacement / How Time Flies. Tecno Mobile Share #10yearschallenge / How To Exit Fastboot Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.