Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can You Take Over A Clients Website And Sell It? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can You Take Over A Clients Website And Sell It? (542 Views)

If Your Website Makes $300/monthly, Will You Still Sell It? / Free Advert For Your Business, Blog, Website And Page / Interswitch Payment Option Now Available For Our Nigerian Clients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Take Over A Clients Website And Sell It? by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
I have a client whose website expired almost 60days ago and you know what that means.
I made several attempt to see that the website was renewed and retained, but all to no avail; they showed they were no longer interested.
I am thinking of paying the renewal fee and sell off the site.
What do you think? Is it ethical, is it ok? What will you do if you were in my shoes?
Re: Can You Take Over A Clients Website And Sell It? by Afam4eva(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
You can only sell the domain. It's unethical for you to sell the someone's website without their knowledge whether or not they're still using it.
Re: Can You Take Over A Clients Website And Sell It? by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Again, not every domain name is valuable.
You can sell the domain name, but who will buy?
And what will the person use it for?

(1) (Reply)

Please Review / Pls I Need Advice On Getting Custtom Domain Name / Learn Web And Mobile Apps Development For Only N6,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.