Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Do You Look Better With Age? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Look Better With Age? (12791 Views)

5 Ways Petroleum Jelly Will Improve Your Skin And Make You Look Better / Smoking Just Got Better With Electronic Cigarette .order yours to Save Your Life / Does Fibroid Has To Do With Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Look Better With Age? by 2legit2qwt: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Not sure if this is normal with everyone but do people tend to look better as they get older? I know a few oldies who look way better in their 30s than they did in their teens to 20s?

I'm curious to know the other factors we can attribute this to other than biological changes?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by oyinbogirl(f): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
true talk! taking good care of oneself is a vital thing, genetics i believe play a part as well as the kind of life that we lead. Your on point for noticing
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OMOSOFEF: 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Your skin adds 15 years to your face!

That's what the cell biologists tell us - and they ought to know because they study the body's cells and the effects of the environment on them. They are finding more and more evidence that this trend isn't about to stop any time soon. In fact, the aging process has been speeding up a bit each year.

What this means is that your skin already looks the way you expected it to look 15 years from now!

Here's another scary thought: What does this mean for the young ones?

If, as the researchers are finding, skin is aging faster all the time, there is trouble in store for those beautiful young complexions. The signs of aging are already there. They just aren't obvious yet.

I wonder why somebody will not do something

It's not age that affects skin most. Actually, age has surprisingly little to do with it. Certain changes seem "inevitable" because you've been led to expect them as you add years.

Scientific research shows that the visible condition of your skin is not a reliable indication of your age.

They estimate that only 10%-20% of skin aging is due to natural causes, like heredity and gravity. 80%-90% is due to man-made causes:

too much time in the sun, failure to protect against weather changes, heating and cooling systems, faulty nutrition, smoking, pollutants in air and -- yes -- water.

Also: medications, stress, well-meaning (but misguided) skin care methods.
check up for more in www.skinreviving.com

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OMOSOFEF: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
AGING PROCESSES grin

The typical aging process looks different from what you've learned to expect. It looks more like this:
Childhood - Initial environmental damage - seldom noticed because it's not expected

Teenage - Hormonal and emotional disruptions often create distressing skin conditions - this is expected. What cell researchers have found is: the greatest amount of damage to skin is done before the age of 20

Age 20 - "Aging" is well under way -- but not really obvious yet because it's not expected yet. The effects of too much sun, smoking and poor eating habits are among the factors that accelerate the rate of cell deterioration

Age 30 - Circulation and cell renewal both start to slow; skin loosens along the eye bone and expression lines" begin to show up. Tanning and tattoos are self-inflicted injuries that hasten the aging process

Ages 25-49 -- Prime time for adult acne (affects 2/3 of all Americans) with resulting skin damage.

Age 40 -- Lines and wrinkles become more evident; skin loses elasticity and radiance (looks dull, drab); forehead develops furrows; skin develops uneven color and blotches. This is when the chin area may start to droop and skin begins to loosen on the neck

•Age 50
- menopausal changes affect skin health and appearance, with hormonal imbalance causing slackening along the jaw line, more sagging skin on the neck. Skin pallor and age spots become more noticeable

Age 60 - Lack of tone results in increased depth of wrinkles on cheeks. Dehydration or dryness becomes more evident and skin may even look chapped, red. Bones typically shrink a bit, increasing the slackness of skin. At the same time, skin thins, allowing capillaries and redness to show through

Age 70 [/b]and beyond - Loss of elasticity continues; wrinkles increase in depth while dryness worsens significantly. Skin color suffers, becoming drab, pallid, even gray and crepe-y.

[b]You don't have to put up with that sort of aging!

Get current information in

www.skinreviving.com

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OMOSOFEF: 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
[b]Most of cosmetic products use potentially dangerous [/b]chemicals like parabens and phthalates.

The parabens chemical have been recently found in breast cancer tissues. This chemical can affect the hormone oestrogen. The phthalates are linked to lower sperm counts in men, premature breast development and allergies.

Cancer??

According to a 2009 article on PlanetGreen, cosmetic and skin care products in the United States make up a $35 billion industry.

In 33 percent of these products, the formulations contain at least one chemical with links to cancer.

Caring for your skin does not require purchasing expensive cosmetics. Arm yourself with a few natural skin care tips and caring for your skin will be a "war-no-more."

Kidney diseases

Nephrologists, in recent publications have vilified these creams containing hydroquinone, mercury, arsenic and some other powerful but dangerous components as agents causing kidney failure.

Most people don’t understand the the health impact of their actions.

Many people have loaded their systems with so much carcinogenic chemicals. Most of these agents are absorbed through the skin.

Don’t over burden your kidney, liver adrenal and your system generally with some of these body creams and lotion.

Whatever beauty you desire, no matter how badly spoilt your skin may be, natural homemade remedies is the answer.

Have a look at www.skinreviving.com
for more on this
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2013
^^^Cool. I for one look better with age. I think undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
yea, i think i do, or you need to see a pix?
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yes oooo...
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Policewoman(f): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not sure if this is normal with everyone but do people tend to look better as they get older? I know a few oldies who look way better in their 30s than they did in their teens to 20s?

I'm curious to know the other factors we can attribute this to other than biological changes?
I look better now than i did in my 20's. wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by nekaa(f): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yea, I do.. (I think)
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Blessmira: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
Looking better wit age has 2 do wt a paticular age n ur own definition of lookin better. cheesy
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by mysticgal(f): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
age did not favour me
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Policewoman(f): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
OMOSOFE F: AGING PROCESSES grin

The typical aging process looks different from what you've learned to expect. It looks more like this:
Childhood - Initial environmental damage - seldom noticed because it's not expected

Teenage - Hormonal and emotional disruptions often create distressing skin conditions - this is expected. What cell researchers have found is: the greatest amount of damage to skin is done before the age of 20

Age 20 - "Aging" is well under way -- but not really obvious yet because it's not expected yet. The effects of too much sun, smoking and poor eating habits are among the factors that accelerate the rate of cell deterioration

Age 30 - Circulation and cell renewal both start to slow; skin loosens along the eye bone and expression lines" begin to show up. Tanning and tattoos are self-inflicted injuries that hasten the aging process

Ages 25-49 -- Prime time for adult acne (affects 2/3 of all Americans) with resulting skin damage.

Age 40 -- Lines and wrinkles become more evident; skin loses elasticity and radiance (looks dull, drab); forehead develops furrows; skin develops uneven color and blotches. This is when the chin area may start to droop and skin begins to loosen on the neck

•Age 50
- menopausal changes affect skin health and appearance, with hormonal imbalance causing slackening along the jaw line, more sagging skin on the neck. Skin pallor and age spots become more noticeable

Age 60 - Lack of tone results in increased depth of wrinkles on cheeks. Dehydration or dryness becomes more evident and skin may even look chapped, red. Bones typically shrink a bit, increasing the slackness of skin. At the same time, skin thins, allowing capillaries and redness to show through

Age 70 [/b]and beyond - Loss of elasticity continues; wrinkles increase in depth while dryness worsens significantly. Skin color suffers, becoming drab, pallid, even gray and crepe-y.

www.skinreviving.com
Charlie Boy is 62 and i don't see some of these things you wrote in him o!
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
I look younger than my age

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OCTAVO: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
Of course I do.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by emmyskies(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
haahaa,,,age is so on my side. I look way way younger than my age. I'll look 35 wen I clock 50. So so great. A trait I stole 4rm my dad wink great
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Policewoman(f): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
mysticgal: age did not favour me
OK

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Ajibel(m): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
When I was a child\pre-teen I looked good. Now I'm a teenager in my late teens, I look berra...
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Policewoman(f): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
@OP, not all people sha. Infact so many people look depreciated as they age.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
@op - so true, Ronaldinho in Nigeria 99 looked like a masqurade.
also there was a girl in my class back in school days, she was damn ugly and has no boyfriend then, a few days ago i saw her in a bank, i swear she has changed a lot, i was almost tempted to ***.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Lakayanah: 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
You are what you put in that package God has given you. Trash in trash out full stop. No bleaching creams, don't turn your lungs into a furnace Igbo and ogogoro will turn your brain into putty. Junk food ?welcome flabby body. When you eat right exercise at least 5times in a week take in plenty fluids like pure fruit juice and water avoid pollution. Do some body massages then you will look as fresh and beautiful like me. Don't forget to plant trees they help to give you fresh air. I have about 20 trees in my house do same and notice the differences.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by SaintChukz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel: When I was a child\pre-teen I looked good. Now I'm a teenager in my late teens, I look berra...
where are the pishures pls.....let's see and compare them..?

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
emmyskies: haahaa,,,age is so on my side. I look way way younger than my age. I'll look 35 wen I clock 50. So so great. A trait I stole 4rm my dad wink great
You lucky bast*rd! cool
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by olumaxi(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
991: @op - so true, Ronaldinho in Nigeria 99 looked like a masqurade.
one only looks better with cash..just lyk ronaldinho,taye-taiwo,wayne rooney etc
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yesssssss!!!!

Infact, people never biliv ma age.

Kids think i am their mates undecided
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by michelleobi(f): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
It's a general belief that men age like wine, while women age like milk. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by safarigirl(f): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
I no dey like read all these biology threada wey big big english go full

singins# haba...habatically/grammar..... na for dictionary

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Djtm(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
OMOSOFE F: AGING PROCESSES grin

•Age 50

www.skinreviving.com

looks like you're talking 'bout white skins.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
I looked better when I was younger. I look ugly now.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by donem: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
Well i think its all about packaging as soeone earlier on stated here, be conservative in your consumptions, exercise alot, avoid excessive stress etc and watch yourself age in grace, am a testament to that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Echo Test & Where In Lagos / Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf And Coconut Water / What Are The Possible Solutions To Watery sperm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.