Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (527307 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chiboyswag: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good day Friends,
Please friends am in need of your assistance.am a student of Akanu Ibiam Fed.Poly.
I have gotten some part payment for my school fees HND1,so please I have tried possible means within my power to get the remaining but all to no avail.
Please anything will do,once am able to raise the complete money I will delete this post.

Please if you will like to verify me this is my number 07041397516. Thank you and God bless you more. This is my account number 6321057155 Fidelity
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rotty12(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
I need enquiry and where can I get a good and cheap Nissan 1997 model.
Automatic or manual at affordable price and in good working conditions.
Am base in abk ogun state.
For transportation business
Thanks

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mimiwems2(f): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2023
Those that love cars and want to use.

I have cars available on demand.

Check my whatsapp statues.

Email or search for my name and my nos will pop out.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ReformerD: 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Good day guys,
please I'm here on a very urgent issues, I noticed my Kia optima 2013( note. The car has a turbocharger ) , start giving out smoke but stop after awhile, when I noticed this, I talk to my machanic which suggest it might be due to worn out ring, although I did my research and discovered faulty turbo charger can cause a car to emit smoke, so I talk to him, and the car was taken to those that fix turbo charger, note. It actually did fix the issues, but this week when I did oil change, I noticed the smoke again, which made me wonder what might be the cause,
So, my question now Is, could it be the turbo charger that's the issue or the worn out piston rings,?
If it's worn out piston ring, it's advisable to replace
Or should I take the car back to those guys that repair turbo charged for further complain
Thank you.

Hello everyone, I have an urgent issue to discuss. Recently, I noticed that my 2013 Kia Optima turbocharged car was emitting smoke, but the smoke would stop after a while. I spoke to my mechanic about it, and he suggested that it might be due to worn-out piston rings. However, I did some research and found out that a faulty turbocharger can also cause a car to emit smoke. As a result, I had my car taken to a repair shop that specializes in fixing turbochargers, and they were able to fix the problem.

However, this week, when I had my oil changed, I noticed the smoke again, which made me wonder what could be the cause. So, my question now is, could it be the turbocharger that's the issue, or is it the worn-out piston rings? If it's the worn-out piston rings, it's advisable to have them replaced. Alternatively, should I take my car back to the repair shop that fixed the turbocharger for further complaints? Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2023
ReformerD:
Good day guys,
please I'm here on a very urgent issues, I noticed my Kia optima 2013( note. The car has a turbocharger ) , start giving out smoke but stop after awhile, when I noticed this, I talk to my machanic which suggest it might be due to worn out ring, although I did my research and discovered faulty turbo charger can cause a car to emit smoke, so I talk to him, and the car was taken to those that fix turbo charger, note. It actually did fix the issues, but this week when I did oil change, I noticed the smoke again, which made me wonder what might be the cause,
So, my question now Is, could it be the turbo charger that's the issue or the worn out piston rings,?
If it's worn out piston ring, it's advisable to replace
Or should I take the car back to those guys that repair turbo charged for further complain
Thank you.

Hello everyone, I have an urgent issue to discuss. Recently, I noticed that my 2013 Kia Optima turbocharged car was emitting smoke, but the smoke would stop after a while. I spoke to my mechanic about it, and he suggested that it might be due to worn-out piston rings. However, I did some research and found out that a faulty turbocharger can also cause a car to emit smoke. As a result, I had my car taken to a repair shop that specializes in fixing turbochargers, and they were able to fix the problem.

However, this week, when I had my oil changed, I noticed the smoke again, which made me wonder what could be the cause. So, my question now is, could it be the turbocharger that's the issue, or is it the worn-out piston rings? If it's the worn-out piston rings, it's advisable to have them replaced. Alternatively, should I take my car back to the repair shop that fixed the turbocharger for further complaints? Thank you.
What did they fix in th turbo system?
What type of oil did you use?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2023
Please, is it normal for oil in the car to go low within 3-4 months when the car isn't driven daily nor does it use up to 15-20 hours in total per week?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2023
somehow:
Please, is it normal for oil in the car to dry up within 3-4 months when the car isn't driven daily nor does it use up to 15-20 hours in total per week?

It's not normal, my mind dey tell me say nah toyota be the car tongue

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by celestial1: 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
after scanning my car bring this code please i need guru to interpret it for me
(1) P0705
(2) P0037
(3) P0174
(4) P0171
(5) P0705
(6) P0037
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
nurey:

It's not normal, my mind dey tell me say nah toyota be the car tongue
Okay, any reason and solutions?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:29am On Apr 22, 2023
somehow:

Okay, any reason and solutions?

What vehicle are you talking about

What brand of engine oil was used?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2023
nurey:

What vehicle are you talking about

What brand of engine oil was used?

2012 Camry SE
Mobil 1
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uncleck: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2023
Please guys, who can help me check this vin?

2T2GK31U47C003250
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
somehow:

2012 Camry SE
Mobil 1

Mobil 1 what? There are several mobil 1 if you don't know snap the gallon make we advice you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2023
nurey:

Mobil 1 what? There are several mobil 1 if you don't know snap the gallon make we advice you
You asked for the brand.

Full synthetic Mobil 1
0w20
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
somehow:

You asked for the brand.

Full synthetic Mobil 1
0w20

Good

Switch to mobil 1 5W30 and study the oil guage
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyb1ack: 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
Please how do I remove or fix this fuel door hinge

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
nurey:

Good

Switch to mobil 1 5W30 and study the oil guage

Thank you

But...

The recommended oil is 0W20

Does this not matter?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
somehow:

Thank you

But...

The recommended oil is 0W20

Does this not matter?

It does.

If your vehicle is of high mileage it's better to increase the viscosity to avoid oil burn reason I said switch to 5W30, that won't damage your engine
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somehow: 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2023
nurey:

It does.

If your vehicle is of high mileage it's better to increase the viscosity to avoid oil burn reason I said switch to 5W30, that won't damage your engine

Ok. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omotolsy(m): 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hello experts.

The above topic is for experienced car experts.

Which do you advise?

From my little research i know it's best to stay away from 2003-2005 Honda Pilots.

4RUNNERS are more expensive, is it because they are better?

Kindly share your thoughts/experience/advise.

Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
omotolsy:
Hello experts.

The above topic is for experienced car experts.

Which do you advise?

From my little research i know it's best to stay away from 2003-2005 Honda Pilots.

4RUNNERS are more expensive, is it because they are better?

Kindly share your thoughts/experience/advise.

Thank you.

Under what premise should one stay away from the pilot?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omotolsy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
Its just based on some YouTube reviews watched, experienced mechanics mentioned that its got a lot of issues with transmission & failed radiator issues but what do i know?

That is why i am asking here and if you feel you know something please advise/educate. Dont ask questions for questions.

nurey:

Under what premise should one stay away from the pilot?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
omotolsy:
Its just based on some YouTube reviews watched, experienced mechanics mentioned that its got a lot of issues with transmission & failed radiator issues but what do i know?

That is why i am asking here and if you feel you know something please advise/educate. Dont ask questions for questions.

Nah you talk say the pilot no good nah, and I dey ask for reasons.

The pilot is good sha from the days of joint venture with Isuzu 1998 to 2002 to honda standalone 2003 upwards. The only disadvantage I see is fuel economy, pilot is a 7/8 seater V6 engine, if you don't need all that space.and engine power, buy a CRV instead

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omotolsy(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2023
But i read that the Pilot engine has a way of shutting down parts of the engine to conserve fuel.

Both 4runner and pilot are quite on the heavy side, i feel the 4runner is heavier being a truck frame

nurey:

Nah you talk say the pilot no good nah, and I dey ask for reasons.

The pilot is good sha from the days of joint venture with Isuzu 1998 to 2002 to honda standalone 2003 upwards. The only disadvantage I see is fuel economy, pilot is a 7/8 seater V6 engine, if you don't need all that space.and engine power, buy a CRV instead
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
omotolsy:
But i read that the Pilot engine has a way of shutting down parts of the engine to conserve fuel.

Both 4runner and pilot are quite on the heavy side, i feel the 4runner is heavier being a truck frame

In 2006 honda added a J35 engine with VCM for the FWD variant which shuts down 3 cylinders on light loads. But the early VCMs were very problematic. Avoid any VCM honda engine from 2006 to 2012.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omotolsy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
Okay thanks
nurey:

In 2006 honda added a J35 engine with VCM for the FWD variant which shuts down 3 cylinders on light loads. But the early VCMs were very problematic. Avoid any VCM honda engine from 2006 to 2012.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AchrafHakimi: 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2023
nurey:

Which Pilot model is advisable?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Which Pilot model is advisable?

Any model you can afford
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AchrafHakimi: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
nurey:

Any model you can afford

Which ones have less issues?
I've heard so much about Pilot's issues.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:48am On Apr 25, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Which ones have less issues?
I've heard so much about Pilot's issues.

2003 to 2007
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hupo: 8:36am On Apr 25, 2023
Good Morning House, Please we’re can I find a trusted and reliable car stand dealer in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AchrafHakimi: 8:49am On Apr 25, 2023
nurey:

2003 to 2007

Ok thanks.
So 2008 and above are problematic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (223) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.